What are your end-game pedals (Simucube Active Pedal excluded)?

So I'm thinking of removing my Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals and switching to something different on one of my rigs. I don't feel like going through the hassle of the brake upgrade kit and also the removing of the clutch pedal since I only want to run a throttle and brake.

My second rig has the Heusinkveld Ultimate+ pedals, which I've been very happy with.

Just doing my research on what everyone's "end game" pedal is.

The Ricmotech GT Pro3 Tilton pedal set looks great, but not sure if I want to spend that kind of money. If I was, I'd likely go the Simucube Active Pedal route.

TIA all!

I´m afraid that would be a moving target for most.

My first pedals were completely "frankensteined" Thrustmasters as I was too cheap for a "real pedal set".
Getting more into online racing (and being fed up with the constant tinkering) I ponied up for my "forever pedals", the HSV Sprints.

Guess what, three years later they had to make room for a (used) set of Ultimates because I "needed" more brake power.:p

One thing I´m shure of, the sim pedal market is some what fluid.
A lot of well known boutique manufacturers have imploded lately and left their customers with expensive paperwheights because they can´t get bespoke spare parts any more.
So either buy from a bigger, healthy company a la Heusinkveld or Simucube or buy a set using commonly availible (automotive) parts. That of course leads down the hydraulic route which has it´s own challenges.

• Deleted member 197115

Neither Heusinkveld or Simucube are "bigger" company.
ActivePedals are overkill for something that can be accomplished with just adding tactile, unless of course you are planning to keep changing resistance and curve on the fly for different vehicles, most find single setting that work for them and never touch the adjustments.
HE is a most recommended brand here, with a long history. But it's falling behind and you can get better pedals for the price of HE Ultimate, look at Simtrecs or SImagic pedals (even come with tactile).
Hydraulics is just a hassle and do not offer significant advantage over conventional springs/elastomers "dry" pedals, with some even featuring hydraulic dampers to simulate "hydraulics" feeling.

Neither Heusinkveld or Simucube are "bigger" company.

well, they are actual companies with a sound business plan and not "one man shops" which go belly up after only a few years as happenend with Racewerk, HPP, Feel, Simforge, Proto Sim Tech, (maybe Meca, I hear they are unreachable)

If you want more examples for obsolete tech watch older SRG reviews

But planning for the long term is personal decision.;)
ActivePedals are overkill for something that can be accomplished with just adding tactile, unless of course you are planning to keep changing resistance and curve on the fly for different vehicles, most find single setting that work for them and never touch the adjustments.
+1
HE is a most recommended brand here, with a long history. But it's falling behind and you can get better pedals for the price of HE Ultimate, look at Simtrecs or SImagic pedals (even come with tactile).
Difficult to argue with the fact that their lineup is "proven by time" and not the fanciest, newest stuff.
Hydraulics is just a hassle and do not offer significant advantage over conventional springs/elastomers "dry" pedals, with some even featuring hydraulic dampers to simulate "hydraulics" feeling.
+1

Obviously personal opinion.
My last set of pedals will be load cell, because I know it will last. It will be something of a design that is easy to work on yourself should you need to so I am a fan of less custom parts in areas where things may need replacement over time. It will be something that can be easy to make changes to, add differen't pedal faces, easily able to add things like tactile to.

Ok, I am a bit biased probably as I came to my HE ultimates from hydraulics that leaked and had issues and I now have a set of pedals that with almost no effort have been able to change pedal faces, mount tactile, decide if i want elastomers or springs and know that anything that may break on it can be replaced fairly easily - even the electronics if it really came down to that.

So I find great versatility in a simple and reliable design.

Edit to add, while i think the simple design of the HE pedals is all you need and the rest is bling I have to admit they have fallen behind on where they price these compared to what others are also making, even if I would still go for this design.

Last edited:
Obviously personal opinion.
My last set of pedals will be load cell, because I know it will last. It will be something of a design that is easy to work on yourself should you need to so I am a fan of less custom parts in areas where things may need replacement over time. It will be something that can be easy to make changes to, add differen't pedal faces, easily able to add things like tactile to.

Ok, I am a bit biased probably as I came to my HE ultimates from hydraulics that leaked and had issues and I now have a set of pedals that with almost no effort have been able to change pedal faces, mount tactile, decide if i want elastomers or springs and know that anything that may break on it can be replaced fairly easily - even the electronics if it really came down to that.

So I find great versatility in a simple and reliable design.

Edit to add, while i think the simple design of the HE pedals is all you need and the rest is bling I have to admit they have fallen behind on where they price these compared to what others are also making, even if I would still go for this design.
Thanks a ton, @metalnwood! I definitely love my Ultimate+ pedals on my other rig and was just looking to try something different on this rig.

I'm definitely nowhere near where you're at with being able to work on the pedals (hope to get there with time), but time will tell if the Cube Controls hold up well or not!

Last edited:
What pedal set offers realistic haptic feedback for clutch and brake engagement,
out of the box?
Adding a pair of Simagic haptic "Reactors" with sound card and amplifier
to any decent load cell pedal set should suffice,
now that SimHub ShakeIt offers independent haptic frequency and amplitude controls.
Having noticed no appreciable haptic feedback from real life throttle pedals,
adding mass to that pedal IMO suffices.
Otherwise, gear grind haptic feedback at the shifter for bad clutch foot action
involves only interception of clutch axis signal that is not pedal set specific.

End game pedals should include a dead pedal;
do any commercial sets?

Last edited:
Running my Meca Cup 1 for some years now and still happy with them. Added tactile on the brake to simulate ABS and changed the elastomers to springs. As long as they don't break, I'll stick with them.

Running my Meca Cup 1 for some years now and still happy with them. Added tactile on the brake to simulate ABS and changed the elastomers to springs. As long as they don't break, I'll stick with them.
Nice!! What haptic did you go with for the brake? Wondering if there's a bolt-on solution for the SP01s while I'm at it. Thx man!

• Deleted member 197115

What pedal set offers realistic haptic feedback for clutch and brake engagement,
out of the box?
Adding a pair of Simagic haptic "Reactors" with sound card and amplifier
to any decent load cell pedal set should suffice,
now that SimHub ShakeIt offers independent haptic frequency and amplitude controls.
Having noticed no appreciable haptic feedback from real life throttle pedals,
adding mass to that pedal IMO suffices.
Otherwise, gear grind haptic feedback at the shifter for bad clutch foot action
involves only interception of clutch axis signal that is not pedal set specific.
Looks what I have stumbled upon today. Now if someone can make one for Simtrecs.

I have B.J. Sim racing hydraulic pedals.
They have been faultless.
Clean and grease is all in 2 years.
Brake feeling, I could never go back to CSP feel like toy compared.

Where they lack is clutch and throttle resistance and pressure.
Another gripe was the pedal plates being too small.
Why do they think everyone has feet like ballerina ?
I brought carbon pedal plates sorted that issue.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

CSP feels like toy comparing to anything on the market. May be except G27 pedals.

• Deleted member 197115

You picky today ? lol ;)

I said that because he owns CSP v3 and wanted him to understand is huge difference.
I mean for mine HE are also toy compared my JB ?
Yes I have tested HE.
Have you tested Hydraulics but ?
In the end they all are toys. Mine is shiny though. :roflmao:
And yes, I've tried HPP, didn't find them anything special for the asking price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks what I have stumbled upon today. Now if someone can make one for Simtrecs.
I do not know if you are a member of the simtrecs owner group on Facebook, but there is a couple of treads with different solutions to mount the simagic motors. One is 3d printed (on tinkercad.com) and another use Omonic rubber nuts. I have not tried any of them as I do not have the simagic motors, but maybe one day. I just love those simtrecs as they are right now, but with the optional springs.

• Deleted member 197115

I do not know if you are a member of the simtrecs owner group on Facebook, but there is a couple of treads with different solutions to mount the simagic motors. One is 3d printed (on tinkercad.com) and another use Omonic rubber nuts. I have not tried any of them as I do not have the simagic motors, but maybe one day. I just love those simtrecs as they are right now, but with the optional springs.
Thanks, don't have FB account but will look around if I find anything on discord or reddit.
EDIT: Oh man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes