What are your end-game pedals (Simucube Active Pedal excluded)?

@Mr Latte:

Your correct in your assessment what kills exciters and most probably ;) also in their advantages.

For my (more grassroots tactile) use case where I don´t want to spend the time and effort to develop multi layered effects their cons outweigh the pros by far.

The use of exciters was an expensive side quest for me (but I learned a lot) my recent tactile system does it´s job splendidly as a "FFB for feet and butt" drivers aid because I can live with "good enough" and do the thing my rig is build for: racing :cool:

Yes indeed different people may want or like different things, what you use is your choice. It was just inaccurate what you said...

Good for you that you found something you are happy with.

End Game Pedals in 2024
While I would not want to spend £2000 on a brake pedal neither and while it brings many other benefits in its features/customisation over just adding "haptics". I can see why people would be enquiring about "what else" and it certainly seems to be a current trend to add to pedals.

What I don't see in any reviews or on the forums, someone explaining or even showing how/what effects other than just ABS & LOCK they use with pedals, to bring more interactivity and fun to their racing.

Last edited:
I don't find I need too much on my pedals but I do like them to be alive rather than dead.

So the throttle has rpm on it and so does the brake. I rest on the brake as it requires a bit more pressure than resting to activate it so it seems strange to have it completely dead while the throttle can feel rpm. So I have about 40% the gain of the throttle coming through the brake and it feels balanced. It is neither prominent like the throttle but also not dead.

That is really all I have on them other than lock on the brake. It makes them feel like they are part of the car as there is so much tactile elsewhere on the rig but other than that I haven't felt like I needed them to do more. I find it can be distracting when they do things out of the ordinary as the feeling is so direct as a sock racer.

So for me, simple but always there.

I am torn which pedals to buy, did think the P1000 was going to be the way I went and do my own tactile with. Okay while they are by no means "highend" I have to admit, in taking a liking to the Simlab pedals instead.

As a casual player, I just need decent performance, reliable and some adjustability, but with nice looks a bonus.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies