Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
... i return to the default clouds included in AC V1.8.1 (-> you call it vanilla?). Use the ppfilter "default bright" and "4_mid_clear" also default (rise the number of clouds in weather_ ini file. Not really satisfied with this sky and horizon colours. I know you could improve it ...
Vanilla is the term used for the standard game when modding, kind of like standard ice cream, vanilla!
So your using one of the default filters as well? As soon as I get a chance to have a bash I'll get on it and implement an optional weather pack that helps those with fps losses. Out of curiosity are you losing fps using my filter hence why using the default bright one? If haven't tested, try using it with the default weather and clouds and see how you get on with frame rate. If so I can try and make it more graphics card friendly, just with the weather pack it's meant to be used with the filter and gets the best colours and lighting out of the weathers as I've edited them using that filter. If you let me know the reason you're using the other filter it it would help a lot. And I'll get on making the pack.
Many thanks.

Gday sorry for being bit dumb but i dl your mdo and have placed it root dir run jsm or what ever it was exe and put wagnum mod cloud mod and sweet fx and activated but when i run AC i cant find where u mention u need to (Once in game you will need to select A-Wagnum filter.) Again sorry i couldnt find where this was been looking though all options and session settings please help

Gday sorry for being bit dumb but i dl your mdo and have placed it root dir run jsm or what ever it was exe and put wagnum mod cloud mod and sweet fx and activated but when i run AC i cant find where u mention u need to (Once in game you will need to select A-Wagnum filter.) Again sorry i couldnt find where this was been looking though all options and session settings please help
The red box in the middle of the screen is the effect preset option. change that to A-Wagnum. If it isnt on the list you havent moved the mod over like I said in the instructions but let me know and i'll take you through what you need to do and break it down to the detail so easy to follow :)
Untitled.jpg

HI all
same for me ,dissapointing ,the game crash every time ,impossible to play anymore with assetto:thumbsdown:
Sorry to hear it's not working? I havent heard of anyone having those troubles with the mod... Is it definitely related to my mod? If you cant get it to start at all even after reverting back to the standard weather, do a integrity check on the game in steam and that will get it back up and running. From there try reinstalling the mod and should work. Any problems let me know but try and be as specific as possible so I can help :)

and does the generic mod enabler need to be open in background or minimized i mean i have had it open just wasnt sure and hasnt shown up in effects where i saw yours in pic with GME open or closed
cheers in advance

and does the generic mod enabler need to be open in background or minimized i mean i have had it open just wasnt sure and hasnt shown up in effects where i saw yours in pic with GME open or closed
cheers in advance
No JSGME just moves the files to where they need to be, dont need it running. Let's explain this and do it all manually to get you up and running.

- Open my download and click through the following folders to locate the A-Wagnum.ini file (Wagnums Graphics Mod/system/cfg/ppfilters)

- Put this file in the following folder of your game (Steamapps/common/Assettocorsa/system/cfg/ppfilters). This will now give you access to the filter

- Go into my download once again and copy the following folder (Wagnums Graphics Mod/MODS/Wagnum Weather/Content/Weather)

- Paste this folder into the following location (Steamapps/common/Assettocorsa/content). It will ask if you want to overwrite the one already in there which you do. This now will mean you have my weather files active

- Now to sort the clouds out! Go to the following folder and delete everything inside of it (Steamapps/common/Assettocorsa/content/texture/clouds)

- Copy the clouds from the following location in my download and paste into the folder where we just deleted the clouds from. Make sure only my collection are in this folder as the originals will be stretched out weirdly and ruin your skies (Wagnums Graphics Mod/MODS/Peter Boese Clouds/content/texture/clouds)

- Last thing we need to do is get SweetFX running. To do this copy everything from within this folder (Wagnums Graphics Mod/MODS/SweetFX) and paste it into the games root folder (Steamapps/common/Assettocorsa)

Once you have done all these things make sure the A-Wagnum filter is selected in game and you'll be good to go. The JSGME program basically does this all for you but weirdly it doesnt work for some people and if you've not followed my instructions on the overview page correctly or misunderstood something and put it in the wrong place, it wont work.

Let me know how you get on!

Last edited:
Still making more adjustments as I leave it a day and then start picking up on little issues... Realised the sky colours on light cloud weather were a bit too much and the haze on Clear/mid clear and light cloud were a little too dark. Here's what the next installment will look like in light cloud weather, personally think bit more realistic

thanks a lot looks fantastic now im just looking for the vignette setting for my triple screens for the black sides to go away ps you in Melb funny stuff im 20 mins away

thanks a lot looks fantastic now im just looking for the vignette setting for my triple screens for the black sides to go away ps you in Melb funny stuff im 20 mins away
The vignette setting is in the filter so go to the A-wagnum.ini file that we put in the ppfilter folder, open it with notepad and scroll down till you find vignette listed. Change that to zero and you'll get rid of it!
Melb? I'm near Brighton in the UK? Where do you think I am? Not Melbourne Australia as I'm about as far away from there as you can be! :)

Hello everyone
I have reinstall everything
I think I made a mistake,, with JSGME I have let the former, it has to come to his, everything works again
Thank you again for your work;):thumbsup:

EDIT: I just noticed your previous post. I deleted/replaced the clouds manually accordingly and based on a short test everything looks jolly good :) Thanks again!

Hi and thanks for your superb work! I'm a little confused by the installation instruction though. It says:

"Please note that the new clouds only consist of three files (There are 7 default ones) so make sure there are no more inside the following folder otherwise it will ruin the look of the skies - Assetto Corsa/Content/texture/clouds. I believe JSGME should take care of this but just in case."

I've installed the mod by your instruction and in my case there's a lot more files and folders (pic below). Should i delete some files/folders to make everything work as it's supposed? Thanks!

28956378223_ab836ba6a3_z.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: I just noticed your previous post. I deleted/replaced the clouds manually accordingly and based on a short test everything looks jolly good :) Thanks again!

Hi and thanks for your superb work! I'm a little confused by the installation instruction though. It says:

"Please note that the new clouds only consist of three files (There are 7 default ones) so make sure there are no more inside the following folder otherwise it will ruin the look of the skies - Assetto Corsa/Content/texture/clouds. I believe JSGME should take care of this but just in case."

I've installed the mod by your instruction and in my case there's a lot more files and folders (pic below). Should i delete some files/folders to make everything work as it's supposed? Thanks!

28956378223_ab836ba6a3_z.jpg
Yeah so perhaps do this bit manually just to be safe. Delete everything in that folder (Dont worry my download has a backup of the originals included) and then place the three files from the Peter Boese Clouds collection in this folder. On my next update i'll be renaming all my cloud files Wagnum1,2,3,4 so it's easier to distinguish which are which. Any further probs let me know.

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Lots of little adjustments to add realism

I'll just list the updates this time so here goes;

Clouds - Added a forth cloud and renamed them all as Wagnum1,2,3,4 so easily distinguishable if anyone is having trouble telling which pack they have installed

Clear - Haze or "fog" colour has been lightened a little as this brightens things a little bit as previously it made the distance areas look a little dull

Mid Clear - Haze has been altered like on Clear plus have adjusted the midday horizon colour slightly so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've just tested the latest 7.1 with my old 'Evening Storm Brewing' weather, even that is looking 10x better with the new clouds and your filter. Here are a couple of screens of it. I prefer this look to the night option as with only one light source in the game you can get away with no headlights on the track surface. That is what makes the night not quite right.
20160910171517_1.jpg
20160910171757_1.jpg

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 21.1%