Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've just tested the latest 7.1 with my old 'Evening Storm Brewing' weather, even that is looking 10x better with the new clouds and your filter. Here are a couple of screens of it. I prefer this look to the night option as with only one light source in the game you can get away with no headlights on the track surface. That is what makes the night not quite right.
View attachment 151801 View attachment 151802
Does look very atmospherically gloomy and cool :) Yeah I know what you mean with the night weather. Will keep it in anyway as there was some call for it but whatever I do, it will never look realistic as the sun/moon will always look wrong and who drives without their light's on, or at least lights that have no affect on their surroundings?!

Sure thing, I'll post as as soon as possible. Thanks
No probs. My mod is a little softer than some as I use a bit more bloom than the standard and the other highly rated filters out there, plus I think i use the "fog" a little more than others as well which probably softens things a tad too. My reasoning to soften things a little rather than having everything nice and crisp is the same as most game developers nowadays. Add some effects in there and it masks some of the things that easily show its just a game.

Look at games like Battlefield 1 and The latest Tomb Raider. Look gorgeous due to lots of effects that mask it from looking just like a game. Real life doesnt tend to have bloom and hardly any if at all god rays but games have them in there to mask the perfection of sharp polygons etc that reality doesnt have.

If however it's looking nothing like the images and video on the overview page then yeah perhaps something has gone a miss...

I think I found my problem.. You see, I'm running the game at 1080P on a 4K calibrated monitor, almost no game pallete is ready for calibrated monitors and the upscale may be causing some of the softness. I'll upload some screenshots anyway so you can tell me if there's something wrong or if it's within your quality limits.

I think I found my problem.. You see, I'm running the game at 1080P on a 4K calibrated monitor, almost no game pallete is ready for calibrated monitors and the upscale may be causing some of the softness. I'll upload some screenshots anyway so you can tell me if there's something wrong or if it's within your quality limits.
yeah that'll be good. I do my editing on my monitor and then usually play the game on my 4K TV which is being upscaled from 1080P as my pc can just do it in 4k but dont get a perfect 60fps so tend to stick with just the standard def. The TV has been calibrated and it looks gorgeous this end on most tracks but could understand it being a bit too soft for some, especially if you've used a sharp looking filter prior and your eyes have become accustomed to that look. Send me the images and if it is how its meant to be i'll tell you how to scale back the bloom to see if its more acceptable for ya...

Also, I may be going completely off track here but I know when i was setting up my TV with the PC I had to make sure it was outputting the full RGB range on the graphics card settings and TV. You may have done this all or on your setup it may have been picked up automatically but thought mention it just in case as could be a reason for it to look washed out...

Here are the screenshots... In some tracks they look like these, in some tracks (almost all mods) it looks too dark all around.

OosH2dz.png

2N0wXs7.png

Bih2o0A.png
DMzsnfX.png

kqix4OA.png

Here are the screenshots... In some tracks they look like these, in some tracks (almost all mods) it looks too dark all around.

OosH2dz.png

2N0wXs7.png

Bih2o0A.png
DMzsnfX.png

kqix4OA.png
What time of day/weather is this set on as very crucial info to understand what it should look like? May sound like a stupid question but have you checked what the exposure setting is in game set to? (Page up/down buttons)
I dont think you can decrease the exposure at midday on clearer weathers with my filter and weathers but thought worth checking if the weather is set to something else...
If it's set to around midday then yeah that's way too dark and dull so something has gone a miss there. Let me know as I can emulate the screenshot to show you the difference.

If it is mucked up can always try a fresh install of it all following the instructions on post 289 where i go into detail of the installation process just in case a mistake has been made somewhere...

It's mid clear at 14:00. I never touch the game exposure, but if there's a way to reset it just to be sure, I can give it a try.
Yeah that seems way too dark then. Having a drink with a mate at the mo but will replicate the image on mine to show you what it should look like.
As for making sure exposure is set correctly, use the page up and down buttons while in game and that will adjust the exposure setting. If it doesnt help try reinstalling the mod manually following post 289

Thanks, man, no rush, though.. Have a nice Sunday.
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_monza_11-9-116-19-0-37.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_monza_11-9-116-19-0-18.jpg

Yeah something has gone a miss for you clearly. This is Monza in the same area on Mid clear at 2PM on mine...
To be honest your images look a lot warmer and darker so reckon you've either not got my filter active and got another one running instead or the weather files havent been installed correctly for some reason. Scroll back to page 15 of this support thread and follow the instructions on post 289 and you should have it looking like this. Let me know how you get on!

I think it was the exposure as you said. It was by default at only 5%, on the default post processing settings it doesn't make any difference to me, but with your filter applied it's a huge deal. I think I've found the sweet spot for my monitor at 92%, now it looks very good indeed. Thank you for your patience and support. Congratulations on your mod, it's really good.

I think it was the exposure as you said. It was by default at only 5%, on the default post processing settings it doesn't make any difference to me, but with your filter applied it's a huge deal. I think I've found the sweet spot for my monitor at 92%, now it looks very good indeed. Thank you for your patience and support. Congratulations on your mod, it's really good.
Glad to hear it's up and running, anymore issues let me know. Happy racing! :)

Same thing here as @TheReaper GT experienced, exposure makes all the difference with your graphics mod. Had mine at some 15% and haven't really thought of that or had any need to adjust before. I settled at 65% for now. That gives the most natural/realistic look on my monitor imo. Now back to enjoy the great new looks of AC :D

From the screen captures I'm seeing, and the praise from others, this looks like a fantastic mod/filter for AC.

However, I'm having a problem, and it's adversely affecting how your mod looks on my PC. Help me if you can--hopefully it's something simple or obvious...

Here's some screen captures. You can right-click and open each in their own tabs, then quickly switch between them to make comparisons...

http://apexvgear.com/ACPP/

Essentially, everything's dark, and it seems I can't do anything (any longer) to brighten things up.

Previously, for any PP filter, I was able to use Page Up/Down to adjust brightness, I had full adjustment capability, and could make everything very bright or very dark, with 1-1000 brightness (140 was about the brightest I would go on some tracks).

However, something has changed recently. Now it seems I only have adjustment from 1-40%. Once I go above 40%, it doesn't get any brighter. With PP effects turned off, this adjustment has no affect at all, whatsoever (which I thought it did before--maybe I'm wrong).

So essentially, most of the add-on or mod PP filters are too dark or are dull looking, except default looks okay (and strangely, default bright and dark don't look any different). In contrast, quite literally, I have two Paul Ricard filters (came with a track mod), and those are almost too bright and blown out looking, and dash LED rev limiters have way too much "glare effect" on most cars.

I've tried turning off auto exposure, and I've swapped out the SweetFX dll file for the 64-bit version.

For reference, iRacing, AMS, rFactor 2, and even the aged GTR2 look incredible on my monitor (BenQ XR3501). With the correct brightness and PP effects, Assetto Corsa should graphically blow all those out of the water.

Any ideas, suggestions? Am I just getting old, and completely missing something right in front of me?

I'm using a GTX 970.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 15 24.6%