Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Interesting, might be worth an edit. Is it the showroom showroom or all profile viewer backgrounds? Don't use the showroom myself either but my files are still there.
Haven't tested properly but discovered in showroom showroom. After deleting the files it still loaded but the warehouse room didn't have any light coming in and only had a low ambient light. Put the files back and went back to normal

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Light Cloud and Mid Cloud work

Mid cloud previously looked all wrong, just had neglected it so have got the skies looking right now. It looks a little dull but considering the weather type, if i try and spice it up it wouldnt look like mid clouds!

As for light cloud weather I noticed it was getting too bright on some tracks but to get it to work nicely had to make big changes even if they arent that noticeable.
View attachment 149919

I did try improving the night weather and although i achieved a more realistic...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In case anyone was wondering why the skies look much flatter now with the change from the horizon to sky colour being less noticeable, this isnt due to my latest update, it's due to the 1.8 AC release. Before hand when you zoomed out the lowest point of the sky box was controlled by the horizon colour and the highest point was controlled by the sky colour. Now as you can see however the lower part of the sky box which is usually hidden by the track has been blacked out so they have obviously decided to do it in a different way.
Screenshot_ks_audi_a1s1_ks_silverstone_28-8-116-14-2-29.jpg

Currently renovating my hallway but will have some time tonight so will try and solve how it works now so to achieve skies more similar to what the y were previously so there's a more noticeable transition.

It seems Kunos changed quite a bit...

Hi guys,

It looks as if Kunos changed a fair bit with their latest update. The most noticeable thing for me was the sky transition from the horizon to sky colour gradient has become almost non existent in comparison to what it used to be. This doesnt just affect my mod but every mod along with the vanilla weather. The way they have done it actually makes it easier to mod in the long run as the sky colour only controls the colour if you look directly above you so you can go quite extreme...

My update to fix version 1.8 properly

As the skies are done quite differently now ive spent a fair bit of time getting the colours right again on Clear, mid clear and Light Cloud. Light cloud weather also had quite blown out skies on some tracks so have done some work to get the detail back in as much as I can while working with a filter that uses auto exposure.
Ive also done a bit of work on the filter tweaking it here and there so that it looks more in line of what I want to achieve as the 1.8 update just disrupted the overall...

you havent
So, if enable your weathers I get this
242eda1d2c7e4670b3d1bc931a6b8f2b.png
You havent moved the cloud pack over which is named "Peter Boese Clouds". Ive picked 3 clouds from his collection that are much larger than the standard clouds so if you use the originals or other ones that arent as big you'll end up with weird stretched oversized looking things that look terrible hence why whats happening to you is happening. Either use JSGME to swap them out or go to the cloud folder in the texture folder, remove the current ones in there and transfer the three files that are in the Peter Boese folder.

Working on a big update for my next one. Had a short day at work today so spent a while making some adjustments to the filter as with the 1.8 update I was struggling to achieve some of the things I wanted with the filter in it's current state. I'm currently reworking all the weathers, trying to achieve more realistic lighting and colours throughout while also making sure the auto exposure doesnt blow out the skies or anything else annoying that it tends to do with more built up tracks. Here's are some snaps of what ive achieved so far...
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_simtraxx_semetin_0.9_6-9-116-21-44-53.jpg
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_simtraxx_semetin_0.9_6-9-116-21-44-21.jpg
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_glava-zete_6-9-116-21-37-26.jpg
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_glava-zete_6-9-116-21-36-45.jpg

BIG CHANGES!

Right so ive spent hours on this over the last two days so hopefully it's paid off. Things ive changed
- reworked the filter so to achieve more realistic colours, effects, etc
- Altered the auto exposure so get a better control of the light across all weathers
- Adjusted colours, lighting and clouds across all weathers so dont end up with blown out skies when the auto-exposure wants to increase the exposure up significantly
- Added more "fog" to weathers, especially clear and mid clear so to...

So am I supposed to delete the original clouds? It still looks weird and and I delete the mod, verified the cache, loaded wanum weather and boese clouds through JSGME.

So am I supposed to delete the original clouds? It still looks weird and and I delete the mod, verified the cache, loaded wanum weather and boese clouds through JSGME.
To make sure your doing it correctly do the following;
Go to your cloud folder - Steamapps/common/Assetto corsa/content/texture/clouds
Delete all files in this folder. What is happening is I guess you have either the standard clouds in there or at least some that arent from my Peter Boese collection. Because all the other clouds are very different dimensions to these three, the weather files are stretching the other ones out ridiculously and ruining your skies.
Once you have deleted everything in this folder, go into my download, take the three clouds textures (Wagnums graphics mod/MODS/Peter Boese Clouds/content/texture/clouds) and put them in the cloud folder for the game mentioned previously where we deleted the files from.

As long as those three files are the only ones in the cloud folder for the game you wont end up with stretched clouds.

Hope this fixes everything for you!

Ok. Not sure where to start with this but here goes. I have always kept a close eye on your filter & weathers but never used them for more than a test comparison of my own. I have always found my own (unreleased version) to be better than yours but have picked little bits here and there out of yours over the course of progression to enhance my own. That's why it remains unreleased. Today I tested out your v7 but I have kept an additional 6 hi-res cloud textures of equal quality to Peter Boese's 3 just for a bit more variation in the clouds.
I can honestly say that you have now nailed it fully and put mine in to retirement for good. Your work has been constant and consistant in pushing the quality forward in terms of what can be achieved, and for that I thank you for your continued efforts. I think you would be hard pushed to better the quality any further from this version unless Kunos change something in the graphic engine. So I applaud your work again as you've made AC in my opinion the best it can possibly look. A 5 star review is not enough for this.

Ok. Not sure where to start with this but here goes. I have always kept a close eye on your filter & weathers but never used them for more than a test comparison of my own. I have always found my own (unreleased version) to be better than yours but have picked little bits here and there out of yours over the course of progression to enhance my own. That's why it remains unreleased. Today I tested out your v7 but I have kept an additional 6 hi-res cloud textures of equal quality to Peter Boese's 3 just for a bit more variation in the clouds.
I can honestly say that you have now nailed it fully and put mine in to retirement for good. Your work has been constant and consistant in pushing the quality forward in terms of what can be achieved, and for that I thank you for your continued efforts. I think you would be hard pushed to better the quality any further from this version unless Kunos change something in the graphic engine. So I applaud your work again as you've made AC in my opinion the best it can possibly look. A 5 star review is not enough for this.
Aww cheers mate! Reading that actually gave me a massive smile on my face! Especially coming from someone like yourself who gets involved in the graphics modding side of things, and actually now using mine fully, it's a real honour for you to say that so thank you ever so much! :)

Could I ask also which clouds you use just to see what I thought of them? Many thanks :)

• Deleted member 241736

Mr Wagnum, normaly I loved your weather-mods, but since my german neighbour Peter Boese starts his clouds experience (looks well) your mods haven't got the same "aha-effect" they have in AC versions 1.6 and earlier. The problem is the HD clouds are stollen fps - a lot. Could you please offer us your mods with default clouds?

Mr Wagnum, normaly I loved your weather-mods, but since my german neighbour Peter Boese starts his clouds experience (looks well) your mods haven't got the same "aha-effect" they have in AC versions 1.6 and earlier. The problem is the HD clouds are stollen fps - a lot. Could you please offer us your mods with default clouds?
Of course. What i'll do is release another version that accommodates the standard clouds for those that are having fps issues. Was it the Vanilla Kunos cloud pack that you wanted it to work with?

• Deleted member 241736

Of course. What i'll do is release another version that accommodates the standard clouds for those that are having fps issues. Was it the Vanilla Kunos cloud pack that you wanted it to work with?
... i return to the default clouds included in AC V1.8.1 (-> you call it vanilla?). Use the ppfilter "default bright" and "4_mid_clear" also default (rise the number of clouds in weather_ ini file. Not really satisfied with this sky and horizon colours. I know you could improve it ...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 47 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.4%