Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes! One request! he he
Since now you have night too...
If eventually you use the content manager then, maybe it would be a swell idea to use Bernd's night stars?
Every time I want to use his stars, I manually drag'n'drop in the clouds folder and it's really annoying.
But with the content manager, maybe now we wouldn't have to do this anymore!
cant promise anything as dont want to make it more complicated for people to use my mod and i quite like the night clouds ive done but if it looks substantially better in testing and Bernd's happy with me using his stars then it's a possibility :)

Sorry, was going to explain this on the overview page but forgot. Make sure only the "Peter Boese" clouds are installed. The default ones are there if you wanted to revert back. There are only 3 cloud files so make sure they are the only ones in the Assetto Corsa/content/texture/clouds folder otherwise you'll end up with other random cloud files appearing in the sky which wont look right. I'll update the overview page now :)

which 3 cloud files are supposed to be there? i have sweetfx, wagnum and the cloud mod activated in jsgme but have 3 cloud folders and 17 cloud files in the texture>clouds folder

EDIT: dont worry i can check the download link to confirm which clouds :p just occured to me after posting.

which 3 cloud files are supposed to be there? i have sweetfx, wagnum and the cloud mod activated in jsgme but have 3 cloud folders and 17 cloud files in the texture>clouds folder

EDIT: dont worry i can check the download link to confirm which clouds :p just occured to me after posting.
If still having trouble they are named Cloud1C, Cloud2C and Cloud3C and are quite substantially bigger files than the standard ones (first one is a whopping 47MB while the other two are 8MB each)

Mid cloud needs improving currently so just working on that at the moment. Looking better so far...
Screenshot_ferrari_458_ks_nordschleife_20-8-116-10-41-35.jpg

Mid cloud needs improving currently so just working on that at the moment. Looking better so far...View attachment 149126
Have done everything you say to install this but my clouds look nothing like yours, mid clouds just look wishy washy with no texture or depth. started back from scratch with default then added yours.
Also when I add sweet fx it crashed back to menu page..
I have 3x27 inch monitors high end system with an nvidia 1070 card so should be more than equipped for graphics.
Any suggestions please?

Have done everything you say to install this but my clouds look nothing like yours, mid clouds just look wishy washy with no texture or depth. started back from scratch with default then added yours.
Also when I add sweet fx it crashed back to menu page..
I have 3x27 inch monitors high end system with an nvidia 1070 card so should be more than equipped for graphics.
Any suggestions please?
I'm currently working on mid clouds as they do look a tad washed out. other weathers look fine however. I'll update mid clouds in my next installment. If you have any further probs though let me know :)

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't really answer all my problems
Like I said, mid cloud weather currently doesnt have much depth hence why im working on it and my progress is what is shown in that picture above. Once ive finished i'll upload it. Light and heavy however have plenty of depth. As for the cloud files, as i say on the overview page just make sure the cloud files from the Peter Boese folder are in the cloud folder. Nothing else has to be in there but the folders 256, 512 and 1024 can be in there but makes no difference to what the game picks up.

Like I said, mid cloud weather currently doesnt have much depth hence why im working on it and my progress is what is shown in that picture above. Once ive finished i'll upload it. Light and heavy however have plenty of depth. As for the cloud files, as i say on the overview page just make sure the cloud files from the Peter Boese folder are in the cloud folder. Nothing else has to be in there but the folders 256, 512 and 1024 can be in there but makes no difference to what the game picks up.
Thanks for that even so your mid clouds looks a dam sight better than mine.
look forward to next update.
cheers

I do something wrong with the weather mods here all over :mad: Can anyone here upload the original Kunos files:
colorCurves.ini
weather.ini

I don't can do a steam check because I've changed many original skins of Kunos for online playing and the steam check will override all changes.:cautious:

THX in advance :)

I do something wrong with the weather mods here all over :mad: Can anyone here upload the original Kunos files:
colorCurves.ini
weather.ini

I don't can do a steam check because I've changed many original skins of Kunos for online playing and the steam check will override all changes.:cautious:

The kunos ones are included in the download. Can either use JSGME to remove mine and then move the default ones over or go into the content folder of AC, delete the weather folder and replace it with the one in the default weather folder within my download

colorCurves.ini
weather.ini

Also, Doing the steam check only replaces files with original ones and doesnt delete anything new within the AC folder so i guess if they are new skins that havent replaced old files then you'll be fine. If they have replaced old ones however just make a copy of the folder they are in (For example the car folder) and then once Steam is finished pop it back over...

The kunos ones are included in the download. Can either use JSGME to remove mine and then move the default ones over or go into the content folder of AC, delete the weather folder and replace it with the one in the default weather folder within my download

Also, Doing the steam check only replaces files with original ones and doesnt delete anything new within the AC folder so i guess if they are new skins that havent replaced old files then you'll be fine. If they have replaced old ones however just make a copy of the folder they are in (For example the car folder) and then once Steam is finished pop it back over...

Thank you for your reply :)
I know already how the steam checks works. I've replaced many of the orignal Kunos skins with custom onces to use it for online gaming. I was looking for a quick solution for the two ini files instead to save the whole car folder (32GB).
Also the requested files are not in your download. I'm not looking for the weather folders and files.
I need the original Kunos colorCurves.ini and weather.ini located in:
...Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Thank you for your reply :)
I know already how the steam checks works. I've replaced many of the orignal Kunos skins with custom onces to use it for online gaming. I was looking for a quick solution for the two ini files instead to save the whole car folder (32GB).
Also the requested files are not in your download. I'm not looking for the weather folders and files.
I need the original Kunos colorCurves.ini and weather.ini located in:
...Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
In all honesty unless you can tell me otherwise i dont think they do anything at all those files. Ive actually just gone ahead and deleted the files from my cfg folder (making backups just in case named something else) and it has had no effect on the look and the game hasnt thrown a tantrum and refused to load which suggests it doesnt use the files otherwise when it came to looking for them and they werent there it would fail to continue. Was there a reason why you need them?

Those files aren't actually used and just left over when AC went to V1.0
Thought as much myself but just realized after doing something randomly with the showroom mode (which i hardly ever use) and they actually control the lighting and weather for that! Obviously they would need their own files for this but didnt put two and two together until just literally stumbled upon it.

Thought as much myself but just realized after doing something randomly with the showroom mode (which i hardly ever use) and they actually control the lighting and weather for that! Obviously they would need their own files for this but didnt put two and two together until just literally stumbled upon it.
Interesting, might be worth an edit. Is it the showroom showroom or all profile viewer backgrounds? Don't use the showroom myself either but my files are still there.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 28.0%
Back