Visor View Mod

You've made my day m8, very happy :)

VjIrL.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I think many people have been waiting for this since F1 2010 :D any chance someone could upload the completed file with the nice rfactor texture as I have no idea what to do LOL

I have done this, and followed the steps (including Photoshop and .dds file and everything) and yet my mod does not work. When it is disabled, everything looks normal. But when I press Home to enable the mod, the screen just turns white. However, I can still see the HUD, so it is as if the visor.dds file is just plain white.

ok guys this is going to be quick and dirty im just off out lol

download the rfactor mod i linked and unzip it somewhere, if you dont have the plugin for dds do a search, I got the Nvidia one, inside the mod is a file called helmet.psd open it with photoshop, it has various layers, I turned off the one with text and didnt use the Ferrari one but you can switch them on or off as you feel, I also turned off visir layer (think he spelled it wrong :) )

Resize it to whatever you want then click save as, hit the drop down box and look for dds then click save, another box will open with the dds options, at the top left click the drop down box and select DXT3 then save it, if you dont do that you wont be able to see though the visor :) once saved rename the dds file to visor and drop it in your f1 2012 folder.......sorry its quick best I can do for now

ok guys this is going to be quick and dirty im just off out lol

download the rfactor mod i linked and unzip it somewhere, if you dont have the plugin for dds do a search, I got the Nvidia one, inside the mod is a file called helmet.psd open it with photoshop, it has various layers, I turned off the one with text and didnt use the Ferrari one but you can switch them on or off as you feel, I also turned off visir layer (think he spelled it wrong :) )

Resize it to whatever you want then click save as, hit the drop down box and look for dds then click save, another box will open with the dds options, at the top left click the drop down box and select DXT3 then save it, if you dont do that you wont be able to see though the visor :) once saved rename the dds file to visor and drop it in your f1 2012 folder.......sorry its quick best I can do for now
I cannot save it in dds as my photoshop don't accept the dds plugin?What about that?Can you upload it to mediafire or something else?Please.

2XHLQT.png

in game it looks not so bad but with FRAPS i cant make a good picture, i dont know why

This view is fantastic. Can I have your visor.dds file please? Please release this as a mod. I have been waiting and hoping for a long time for a visor mod. Please. I dont have photoshop or anything like that. Cheers.

I suppose like many here, we can't do a visor.dds texture file. A generic one similar to above with a sponsor would be great or maybe a selection? Please?

To Thimoty:
I don't have tested online. sorry.

To Nicolas:
You don't understand how to install because of my english? If so, very sorry. It's very simple.
1. prepare visor texture file and rename to 'visor.dds'.
2. put texture file and d3d11.dll into 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012'(this is standard path for F1 2012)
3. start game.
That's it.

To Andy:
I think helmet is very personal and I couldn't find good texture I can include archive without any problem. That's why texture doesn't include.

I suppose like many here, we can't do a visor.dds texture file. A generic one similar to above with a sponsor would be great or maybe a selection? Please?

It's not as easy as that m8, you have to resize to various res's to suit everyone, then you have to do with sponsors and without, it would take quite a while to do and I've got a busy day today

OK thanks I understand. It's just that most of us here when we see a mod to download think we could use it straight away. I didn't realise that it was only for those who have the right programmes. Cheers anyway and I look forward to the day when someone makes it available.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back