Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Really? You're not using the MMBeta are you?

Edit// BLAST! I made an error and copied a bit of text twice. My bad! Don't download anything for a bit. I am patching to 1.2beta anyway so may as well get that out tonight.

Last edited:
Okay. 1.2c - Beta Version is now out. You only need Part 1,2 & 4.
Part 3 should still be compatible..

Its been built off the beta patch - I don't know if it will work without the beta patch. Instruction and savelog are here::
http://steamcommunity.com/app/415200/discussions/1/152392549355065218/

I dissabled the changes in AISessopmPrders so I can view the AI's new strategies. Fine tune to difficulty will follow.

Oh, and let me know if it isn't working. I hope I've fixed the mistake I made. My version seems to be okay.

Would it be possible to just get a download to the "AIBlueFlagBehaviours - blue flag to trigger when the car behind is 0.7s behind instead of 3s" as I just want to get the blue flag fix in the assembly file?

I wanted to discuss a couple things about your mod and maybe see if we can make some changes/improvements.

Lets tackle 1 issue at a time.

You have created the +10% redzone on each new part. Is this to try increase difficulty or just to increase randomness?

My opinion on this is it should be the opposite way around. Generally when teams start the season they usually would have more reliability issues than when the season goes on and they have made improvements to the car. By the end of season with new parts you should be closer to good reliability than not. I think is probably the key feature thats putting me off because i dont think it adds to the fun of the game developing new parts to only make them worse. I dont think teams like predator would necessary want to create many new parts then.

Which I can see the upside in that it increases the car performance between teams but surely the opposite way round will also have a similar effect in that good teams that have money can develop lots of parts while poor teams with bad HQ's will fall behind and have reliability issues throughout the season. I would prefer it to this and make some HQ buildings mean more, so maybe make overall part time longer to create but the higher HQ buildings design parts faster, and possibly make the unlock requirements on the factory harder to get the higher levels without building some of the other buildings first so richer/better teams will land up improving over the season faster kind of like in real life.

Would it be possible to just get a download to the "AIBlueFlagBehaviours - blue flag to trigger when the car behind is 0.7s behind instead of 3s" as I just want to get the blue flag fix in the assembly file?

You want only that? Then I am sure Hudson released that on steam.

I wanted to discuss a couple things about your mod and maybe see if we can make some changes/improvements.

Lets tackle 1 issue at a time.

You have created the +10% redzone on each new part. Is this to try increase difficulty or just to increase randomness?

My opinion on this is it should be the opposite way around. Generally when teams start the season they usually would have more reliability issues than when the season goes on and they have made improvements to the car. By the end of season with new parts you should be closer to good reliability than not. I think is probably the key feature thats putting me off because i dont think it adds to the fun of the game developing new parts to only make them worse. I dont think teams like predator would necessary want to create many new parts then.

Which I can see the upside in that it increases the car performance between teams but surely the opposite way round will also have a similar effect in that good teams that have money can develop lots of parts while poor teams with bad HQ's will fall behind and have reliability issues throughout the season. I would prefer it to this and make some HQ buildings mean more, so maybe make overall part time longer to create but the higher HQ buildings design parts faster, and possibly make the unlock requirements on the factory harder to get the higher levels without building some of the other buildings first so richer/better teams will land up improving over the season faster kind of like in real life.

Generally when teams start the season they usually would have more reliability issues than when the season goes on and they have made improvements to the car

This is why I made the change. While realistic, it makes part management at the end of the season a non issue - and I like issues, they make me think and provide an conflict to overcome. My most fun races are where when I had to push in closing laps to keep my position, but have a blinking red door because my gearbox is at 5% and needs to last another two laps. It means if you're leading, you dial everything back to manage both the race, and your parts which are highly volatile.

It creates other strategies too. Such as:
- You could use your Designers Parts, I have made it so they don't have redzone gain. this make good engineers a little more valuable.
- you could hire mechanics with no engine wear or Nurse skills. Those are almost iverpowered now (which is why I have made it 2+ seasons for them to have a full driver relationship.
- you could use more + reliability or - redzone parts, as these more basically useless before. I also don't think I added redzone to Risky Parts, so you can use those to bring down redzone too.

I dont think teams like predator would necessary want to create many new parts then.

Predator should and must (and the AI will) develop parts, or forever be the backmarker of the entire game. They have more challenges then everyone else but it's theirs to overcome.

I think is probably the key feature thats putting me off because i dont think it adds to the fun of the game developing new parts to only make them worse.

I never expected my vision on everything to be matched by others. As this is a 'overhaul' mod, there's going to be features some will love and others will hate - as is the nature of overhaul mods.

Luckily I am a kind soul who put all the texts into the mod and documented well which ones Ive changed and in what way, so you can create your own mod pack and leave out the bits you don't like.

I'll come back and edit this for HQ talk in a bit. I need to go and eat lunch :)

Edit:

Which I can see the upside in that it increases the car performance between teams but surely the opposite way round will also have a similar effect in that good teams that have money can develop lots of parts while poor teams with bad HQ's will fall behind and have reliability issues throughout the season.

Well, actually, the poorer teams who can develop less parts will probably have less reliability issues then the Rich who develop a legendary everything. They'll have 70% redzone on most parts, fly into the distance but may need to make an extra stop or retirement. Lower teams with good components end up with a 50% redzone, depending on their factory, have them all reliability upto 100% quickly, and don't have as many issues but obviously are not making strides that legendary parts will do.

I would prefer it to this and make some HQ buildings mean more, so maybe make overall part time longer to create but the higher HQ buildings design parts faster, and possibly make the unlock requirements on the factory harder to get the higher levels without building some of the other buildings first so richer/better teams will land up improving over the season faster kind of like in real life.

Oddly, I could never make the design facility work better faster. But there's a side effect where if the AI can develop parts more quickly, they're going to burn through their cash each season quicker, and could cripple their own finances. They're not smart enough to stop. I posted a screenshot on the 'what's going on in your game' thread where Van Dort made about 8 identical front wings.

And I've done the making some parts harder to get - I.e., two performance buildings now rely on the staff centre. The car factory money maker is now unlocked a full design / factory level earlier.

Last edited:
Also, they've updated their beta patch... so... yeah, I think that's broken the mod again.

I'll try and do a blind update tonight based on the files from the last patch. But if they do anymore hot fixes then I'm probably not gonna be able to update until after christmas

Edit: Not as bad as I thought. They've updated only the Assembly so I am working on that now. The asset file is the same.

Last edited:
This is why I made the change. While realistic, it makes part management at the end of the season a non issue - and I like issues, they make me think and provide an conflict to overcome. My most fun races are where when I had to push in closing laps to keep my position, but have a blinking red door because my gearbox is at 5% and needs to last another two laps. It means if you're leading, you dial everything back to manage both the race, and your parts which are highly volatile.

It creates other strategies too. Such as:
- You could use your Designers Parts, I have made it so they don't have redzone gain. this make good engineers a little more valuable.
- you could hire mechanics with no engine wear or Nurse skills. Those are almost iverpowered now (which is why I have made it 2+ seasons for them to have a full driver relationship.
- you could use more + reliability or - redzone parts, as these more basically useless before. I also don't think I added redzone to Risky Parts, so you can use those to bring down redzone too.

Ok thats fair enough. I too like some issues if its a season in which i'm plagued with them it is something to overcome but when i'm a top team with the best parts I would expect to not be having to contend with reliability issues for a large majority of every season.

point 1 is interesting, I find not enough designers have enough parts but that is a design that could help with the redzone issues
point 2 - yup the counteracting driver relationship with them to longer does solve the issue of the mechanics but once you get those traits it will inevitably make only a handful of mechanics a real viability. its human nature to find what works best and to use the best in order to win.
point 3 does + reliability allow you to go over 100% reliability on a part? because once your mechanics have made the part 100% reliable its only the red zone to contend with?

Predator should and must (and the AI will) develop parts, or forever be the backmarker of the entire game. They have more challenges then everyone else but it's theirs to overcome.

I understand that they have to build parts or be the backmarker but if your car is slower and and the more parts you build makes your car worse as a slow car you kind of just have a weird feeling about building them. Obviously though you have mentioned above a couple strategies around this above.

I never expected my vision on everything to be matched by others. As this is a 'overhaul' mod, there's going to be features some will love and others will hate - as is the nature of overhaul mods.

Luckily I am a kind soul who put all the texts into the mod and documented well which ones Ive changed and in what way, so you can create your own mod pack and leave out the bits you don't like.

Yea this I will always respect :) thank you for putting in all your time and effort and it is always appreciated by myself and the community. It is always a great pleasure having modders like you that are willing to put in the hours to try make the game better. I enjoy most of what you have done and its great that should I try learn how to mod if I ever get time it is well documented. I just want to offer my opinions and I know you already do look at peoples responses and suggestions and also implement them. So again thank you! :thumbsup:

Well, actually, the poorer teams who can develop less parts will probably have less reliability issues then the Rich who develop a legendary everything. They'll have 70% redzone on most parts, fly into the distance but may need to make an extra stop or retirement. Lower teams with good components end up with a 50% redzone, depending on their factory, have them all reliability upto 100% quickly, and don't have as many issues but obviously are not making strides that legendary parts will do.

In my opinion I dont think poor teams who have less money should have less reliability issues, if anything they should have more. Rich teams should be able to overcome reliability issues because they rich enough to keep investing and making the car better. Or atleast thats how real life works depending on rules of the class and how much you allowed to improve parts.

Oddly, I could never make the design facility work better faster. But there's a side effect where if the AI can develop parts more quickly, they're going to burn through their cash each season quicker, and could cripple their own finances. They're not smart enough to stop. I posted a screenshot on the 'what's going on in your game' thread where Van Dort made about 8 identical front wings.

And I've done the making some parts harder to get - I.e., two performance buildings now rely on the staff centre. The car factory money maker is now unlocked a full design / factory level earlier.

ok thats interesting, some stuff I might just think but obviously not everything is possible to change and so that can have side effects on what you can implement. Perhaps in the future we can mod it if the devs allow. I also had no idea the AI built like that, How do you see what the AI has built? did you take up a job at the team? Strange things the devs should really fix.
[/QUOTE]

I have now updated the Assembly [Part 4] To reflect the new Beta Patch put out about an hour or two ago.(The previous Assembly will still work but will not have the devs new changes which they introduced).

Part 1-3 are identical and do not need to be updated if you were using the previous Beta Patch (1.2).

I have had one report that you will need to update to the beta patch to use the files now (as opposed to just the vanilla MM1.2)

Last edited:
Ok thats fair enough. I too like some issues if its a season in which i'm plagued with them it is something to overcome but when i'm a top team with the best parts I would expect to not be having to contend with reliability issues for a large majority of every season.

point 1 is interesting, I find not enough designers have enough parts but that is a design that could help with the redzone issues
point 2 - yup the counteracting driver relationship with them to longer does solve the issue of the mechanics but once you get those traits it will inevitably make only a handful of mechanics a real viability. its human nature to find what works best and to use the best in order to win.
point 3 does + reliability allow you to go over 100% reliability on a part? because once your mechanics have made the part 100% reliable its only the red zone to contend with?

It may help to view these parts differently. They're brand new using new designs / technologies which you've developed during the season with no testing. They're effectively Experimental Parts, and stay that way until you spend the Off/Pre-season learning more about them - where your team understands them which reduces the redzone to 20% again - but of course lose normal reliability as they have to fit a new car.

Top teams normally have the best factory too, so are able to get their parts to the 100%. Playing as a top team yourself, you could now also have the strategy to 'not over develop your car'. i.e., if you have the best components in the league - stop developing new parts as you already have the faster car. That way, you're also managing your reliability by not having lots of Excellent yet Experimental Parts.

2) This is a fine strategy, but there aren't many and the ones who have it aren't always the best engineers. If you're able to get and keep one or two, then awesome. But you must also be able to keep your drivers around a long time too - as you're going to need almost 2 seasons to get the full bonuses. And its reset if that driver leaves. If a driver gets a negative mechanic relationship trait, then you can't unlock the top perk. Plan it well and you can get a few seasons out of it, but as always, somethings going to happen to break up the driver/mechanic pairing and you're back to normal again.

And this is a theme in the mod. It's like you can hire a 3 star driver for three years in ERS, and through random events, he gets a +10 overall and becomes a 5 star driver, which you keep for the next two years before he leaves or loses the bonuses.

The goal of the mod was to slow down bog-standard progression from easily winning each series in 3 seasons, making it so it will take about 5-8 seasons. However, with some good planning and judgement, with some stars aligning well, means you can still have massive jumps from one season to another. I am just hoping that they're rare enough that people don't get dissponant at progressing too fast.

3) 100% is the best. And the worst (unless you choose a bigger +redzone part) redzone you get is 70%. Realisistically, you don't have to worry about a part until its in the 20% zone towards the end of a race. Its just an issue I want to deal with as a player. Do I push for a maximum performance part to get faster for this year and the future but have to consider reliability for the rest of the season? Or do I not develop anymore parts this year? Or do I develop an AMAZING part but don't use it on the car at all this year and instead, let it be for next years car (this kinda makes me feel like I am developing next year's car early - which is a feature I am surprised is not in the game).

I understand that they have to build parts or be the backmarker but if your car is slower and and the more parts you build makes your car worse as a slow car you kind of just have a weird feeling about building them. Obviously though you have mentioned above a couple strategies around this above.
This is only as a player too. The AI just goes ahead unknowing the redzone exists. They normally are quite quick to make parts 100% anyway.

Yea this I will always respect :) thank you for putting in all your time and effort and it is always appreciated by myself and the community. It is always a great pleasure having modders like you that are willing to put in the hours to try make the game better. I enjoy most of what you have done and its great that should I try learn how to mod if I ever get time it is well documented. I just want to offer my opinions and I know you already do look at peoples responses and suggestions and also implement them. So again thank you! :thumbsup:

No problem, debate and new ideas is good. I'm talking to another user atm who would like to see things like inaccurate weather reports - which while I can't see a way to make it work yet, is something I'd love to include. I am also talking to others about ideas to make things more expensive for the player, but not in a way that hampers the AI.

Others have critised the points rule change I made, (top 5 being 8,6,4,3,2 which I changed to 6,4,3,2,1 on a whim - despite no series ever having used it). I made the change for no real reason other then I liked they layout of numbers more. I have considered making it only a top 3 point system of (5, 2, 1) for fun instead.

In my opinion I dont think poor teams who have less money should have less reliability issues, if anything they should have more. Rich teams should be able to overcome reliability issues because they rich enough to keep investing and making the car better. Or atleast thats how real life works depending on rules of the class and how much you allowed to improve parts.

I have to give them something ;) I've already made them soooo much slower as part of spreading the performance gaps. They kinda need people to retire to do anything.

ok thats interesting, some stuff I might just think but obviously not everything is possible to change and so that can have side effects on what you can implement. Perhaps in the future we can mod it if the devs allow. I also had no idea the AI built like that, How do you see what the AI has built? did you take up a job at the team? Strange things the devs should really fix.

Crashed made a good file where I can let the AI control 90% of what my team does, both in race and in the development screens. So I can see what the AI would do in my position. I also save and take jobs at the end of each season to see what each team is doing (in terms of checking their progress and that my mod isn't having blatent unintended concequences for them) then reloading to a previous save and continuing my adventure. I feel like a bit of a spy in my personal game but it provides some interesting insights. e.g., the team that is losing 1million a race and so didnt develop their car at all. the Not-Farrari that only developed risky parts. The Van Dart which only became a factory for Identical front wings. The Not-Mercedes with drivers hating each other and both having a moral of 0 and forcing a -50 on the chairman rating too.
[/quote][/quote]

Looks like the new beta patch is making the AI more conservative on their tires and fuel...

Which is great.

What's bad is the current mod has added the impact of higher tyre and engine modes as the AI used to use them lots... Now they're not, it looks like that change is now giving an advantage to the player. I'll be looking to sort out this issue after christmas, as I am now in festive season and updates / support for this mod will be temporarily suspended.

Last edited:
I've been mulling over a couple of things in my head over the past few days since we started talking on Steam. And, seeing as the 1.2beta stuff has been put into the main branch, I currently can't play MM without it being easymode. It might be things I've already mentioned to you, and I'm unaware of the current limitations and overall scope of your mod.

Sponsors:
I think I mentioned to you how I was just raking in cash, which means that even with the +20 injector, I still seem to be able to overhaul the AI in development because I have no cash issues (and I can concentrate my development). I am also able to pour money into car development and dilemmas pre-season because I have been able to amass so much cash. And all this has come from me having access to 4-star sponsors with Predator (which is a whole other issue I mentioned to you on Steam), even after only managing 7th and 8th (x2) in the constructors over the past 3 seasons. I was even able to ditch one of my pay drivers and make the other a reserve, and I'm still pulling in 1m per race, without finishing bonuses. The easy solution to that is to take no sponsors, but that's essentially avoiding part of the game, and I can't limit my sponsor star choices because 1-stars don't even get offered to me anymore.

Therefore this idea has two components that rely on things that probably aren't possible. One, are you able to set sponsors to be selectable by only the AI, thus enabling you to create a mean set that can only be chosen by the player which yield less cash? This avoids the AI having money issues, and means you have less cash swirling around to easily overhal them. Two, maybe make sponsors a long term investment with the current per-race payments stretched out. So instead of 8 races at £200k, it's 20 races at £80k. I would even say cut the up-front payment amounts - if they get scaled to the new contract length, then you can afford HQ items instantly.

Part Development:
I'll admit, I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to game difficulty wishes, maybe that comes from games being so easy over the past few years. I expected to spend 10-15 seasons with Predator fighting the ZRTs and Dragon for 8th place, but in 3 seasons I've left them in the dust through part development and can achieve 6th or better with the mod. Playing for 18th in the race was actually exciting, I had a rivalry, albeit shortlived, with ZRT and the last race to secure 8th in the constructors based on average finishing position was tense (ZRT, Dragon and I had 0 points). It seems to me that part development is the AI's biggest failing.

Therefore, is it possible to make part development percentage based rather than simple +10/+20 etc? This way starting as Predator it'd take a while to really get some worthwhile parts, while the better teams (with their better budgets) can create more potent parts more quickly due to the percentage bonuses being bigger on their 200 point parts, compared to your 10. As it stands, I can spend £3.5m in a season on making my base gearbox 60 times better (1 to 60 points) in a year and easily overhaul half the field. With the AI being incompetent in part development, it'll probably balance itself out, and smart investment will be key for the player closing the performance gap. If not, could the star rating/skills of your designer be tied to the flat point increase? So a designer with poor skills (level 2 in a part) only adds +2, and a highly skilled (level 20 in a part) designer adding +10 to +20?

Yes, I typed a lot, but I like to reason what I say. Overall, this mod has been *fantastic* and has really breathed new life into the game after vanilla became a walk in the park. It's exciting to see that pre-Workshop, modders are able to create things like this that do what the devs couldn't or wouldn't and bring excitement to ones who enjoy a tougher experience.

Hi Flaming i had some question.

1) what Must i change that the car has more effect as the driver in the Race??
I think a good driver Can win with a worst car.

2) Can i change the Bonus from the chairman?? F.e. For the 10th Place i get 2.000.000 and Not 2.500.000??

Glad you managed to squeeze in an update for the beta patch last night. Is this compatible with the f1 mod? I see that the f1 mod has the resource file as well, which one do I use?

It's compatible with the F! mod if you're willing to import the files I have into that mod via the asset extractor. Enzoli seemed to express interest in making a combined version of our mods, but I think it's unlikely that we'll work on / release a version of that until the game stabalises, i.e., the devs stop active development.

Hi Flaming i had some question.

1) what Must i change that the car has more effect as the driver in the Race??
I think a good driver Can win with a worst car.

2) Can i change the Bonus from the chairman?? F.e. For the 10th Place i get 2.000.000 and Not 2.500.000??

1) Don't use the mod perhaps? Vnilla had the good driver winning in bad cars... It was that behaviour which made me question the developers design choice. Making the car the most important part is the core element of the mod - the rest of my changes are merely 'side orders'.

2) You can't really without Reflexi'ing up the dll. The values depend on placement,s and tiers and other things. It's a little messy.

I've been mulling over a couple of things in my head over the past few days since we started talking on Steam. And, seeing as the 1.2beta stuff has been put into the main branch, I currently can't play MM without it being easymode. It might be things I've already mentioned to you, and I'm unaware of the current limitations and overall scope of your mod.

Sponsors:
I think I mentioned to you how I was just raking in cash, which means that even with the +20 injector, I still seem to be able to overhaul the AI in development because I have no cash issues (and I can concentrate my development). I am also able to pour money into car development and dilemmas pre-season because I have been able to amass so much cash. And all this has come from me having access to 4-star sponsors with Predator (which is a whole other issue I mentioned to you on Steam), even after only managing 7th and 8th (x2) in the constructors over the past 3 seasons. I was even able to ditch one of my pay drivers and make the other a reserve, and I'm still pulling in 1m per race, without finishing bonuses. The easy solution to that is to take no sponsors, but that's essentially avoiding part of the game, and I can't limit my sponsor star choices because 1-stars don't even get offered to me anymore.

Therefore this idea has two components that rely on things that probably aren't possible. One, are you able to set sponsors to be selectable by only the AI, thus enabling you to create a mean set that can only be chosen by the player which yield less cash? This avoids the AI having money issues, and means you have less cash swirling around to easily overhal them. Two, maybe make sponsors a long term investment with the current per-race payments stretched out. So instead of 8 races at £200k, it's 20 races at £80k. I would even say cut the up-front payment amounts - if they get scaled to the new contract length, then you can afford HQ items instantly.

Part Development:
I'll admit, I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to game difficulty wishes, maybe that comes from games being so easy over the past few years. I expected to spend 10-15 seasons with Predator fighting the ZRTs and Dragon for 8th place, but in 3 seasons I've left them in the dust through part development and can achieve 6th or better with the mod. Playing for 18th in the race was actually exciting, I had a rivalry, albeit shortlived, with ZRT and the last race to secure 8th in the constructors based on average finishing position was tense (ZRT, Dragon and I had 0 points). It seems to me that part development is the AI's biggest failing.

Therefore, is it possible to make part development percentage based rather than simple +10/+20 etc? This way starting as Predator it'd take a while to really get some worthwhile parts, while the better teams (with their better budgets) can create more potent parts more quickly due to the percentage bonuses being bigger on their 200 point parts, compared to your 10. As it stands, I can spend £3.5m in a season on making my base gearbox 60 times better (1 to 60 points) in a year and easily overhaul half the field. With the AI being incompetent in part development, it'll probably balance itself out, and smart investment will be key for the player closing the performance gap. If not, could the star rating/skills of your designer be tied to the flat point increase? So a designer with poor skills (level 2 in a part) only adds +2, and a highly skilled (level 20 in a part) designer adding +10 to +20?

Yes, I typed a lot, but I like to reason what I say. Overall, this mod has been *fantastic* and has really breathed new life into the game after vanilla became a walk in the park. It's exciting to see that pre-Workshop, modders are able to create things like this that do what the devs couldn't or wouldn't and bring excitement to ones who enjoy a tougher experience.

Sponsors:
We did talk about it and the problem was "What's good for goose is good for the gander". Meaning, if I was to change how sponsorts work to try and reduce the money to a player, I will inevitably also be reducing the money to the AI. Which is bad, very bad, as the AI handles cash far worse then the player. It makes fiddling around sponsors directly a near impossibility. The first suggestion you made is something I could do if I could modify the dll directly, but not with reflexi. The second will have horrible effects on the AI's ability to manage its cash flow - most likely they'll run into debt and cannot develop their car at all, which is the opposite of what we want.

In Vanilla, the player already has a good opportunity to spend/gather money better then the human. It's a core gameplay element I have yet to balance. Which is my biggest regret because my '+X Days' system makes the money side of things even more imbalanced, as you don't spend as much money as you cannot develop as many parts. I've kinda made money balanced worse then vanilla.

I once tried changing the 'player backstory finance' to have the opposite effect as to what it currently has (like I did with the -days to +days) but it didn't work. I could change the value to say -100% (so everything was free) but I couldn't change it to +10% (it acted like I hadn't changed the sign).

Its a problem I have not looked at in a while as I moved onto other techniques and looking at other changes. I'd like to come back and address the issue once I see a way around it which won't hurt the AI more then the player. It's number one on my wishlist - though the avenue I am looking at isn't the Sponsors, but rather other methods of getting / spending money.

Part Development:

I like your idea of say, doubling (or multiplying by any applicable number) the bonuses for the AI, rather then the player, when it comes to Performance/Max Performance on parts. If I could do this, I could basically get rid of the +x days - as it simply wouldn't be relevant with a large (but not too large) multiplier. Without that, it would mean that the player could then spend lots of their money on the car again (as they were supposed to).

Of course, making it so the bonus only effects the AI and not the player is the key issue which has prevented me from doing lots of different things. Currently, the only things the player has that the AI does not, is the Backstories of the Managers. Other then the Moral, Finance, Engineer and Political bonus, everything regarding 'non-race event game' play effects both the player and the AI.

I haven't found a way around that core issue yet. My 'Holy-Grail' is if I can manipulate the dll to use the following code in more ways then in the original files.

if (this.mTeam.IsPlayersTeam())
{
result = "Change the result in some way"
}
return result;

Now, If I could write my own code this wouldn't be a problem as I can IF statement anything. The problem is I have only just worked out the rough pattern on how reflexi system writes IF statements. I had to use custom IF's to change the 'fast forward' speeds, so trying to find a working method to use this to 'impede the player (and only the player)' was where I left off before I stopped modding for Christmas. Hopefully I can get some success out of this and it would allow me to do anything. e.g.,
  • Reduce chairman payments to (only the) player.
  • Reduce the Eng Of Year Prize money to (only the) player )as I believe the Chairman should get most of this... and his payments to me during the year 'comes out of the prizemoney'. This makes more sense to me personally as the Chairman appears to be making a rather large personal loss to his team - which may or maynot be reflective of the costs of running a motor racing team.
  • Change the bonuses of your developed parts. The concept is sound if we can get this to impede only the player. I could probably increase these costs too at the same time for the player only.
  • Impede the players car in the race. E.g., decrease our available tyre wear further, but leaving the AI unchanged - requiring us to use harder combos where we normally would not.
  • There's probably a few other ways too. But yes, if I can make things "Player's team only" then I can really expand on how I make the game more difficult, rather then the single avenue which I have taken thus far.

However, I got this far (From https://snag.gy/IwaDXb.jpg to https://snag.gy/egnYfS.jpg) but get crashes. Can't see why and until I do, I'm quite stuck

Last edited:
To any Loyal Testers.... I need some data.

I need you to go to the end of a season, (or any existing/old/new savefiles) and after the final race, apply to all teams,. Take any jobs you can and view the state of their cars.

I need to know the beginning stat from each component (i.e., their basic ones) and their final stats (from their best part).

What I need to do, is work out How Good the AI are at Increasing their performance stats. Please provide as many stats you can for as many different teams as you can.

I only got my application accepted in two teams:-

Zampelli (ERS) did no development all year.

Kirov (APS) did some development, screenshots below:
7293BAFC778B09FC8C780F696279428394BBB824

E08015AA2F11DE1F28E39811A58FE31867A1F5E0

hi flaming

i have tested in Tier 1 "kitano" and Thorton"

The Problem is they developed a lot but only they did not use the ingeneur boni.

The HQ are good and the parts are only good but they ingeneur had boni for great or epic!!

ist between 40-60, not the Maximum.

The AI don´t improve the max. They improved a lot in relitably.

an Option is to make the HQ better for the better Teams or the red Zone with

+5 First Part
+10 Second Part
+15 Third Part, fourth and fifth Part.

Or to halve the max and instand power ?

The 2-3 Races in the new Saison the ai Failed with reliable.

Is there a opputunity that the Original Part in Every Saison has 0 red Zone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play