Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
1. The interview asked a question as if he was the driver going for a fast pitstop.
View attachment 178660

Got same bug with another interview question. Look in the Interviews.txt and found that instead {InterviewSubject:Name} there was {SubjectName} (all in the other languages was {InterviewSubject:Name} written). So changed it and everything went to normal.
SubjectName instead InterviewSubjectName.jpg

Fixed One
Fixed One.jpg

EDIT: Here is something new for me. I saw people talking about that placing drivers in Car1 and Car2 didn't matter. But I thing that's not true. As you can see in the pics at first Tamara(Main Driver-Reserve Status) was in the Car1 and Valery(Main Driver-Number 2 Driver Status) in Car2.
Tamara 1.jpg Ros 1.jpg

I gave Tamara Car2 (and her old parts that was in Car1 before) and Valery Car1 (also gave her old parts). So basically I only changed Car numbers while drivers and parts was the same.
Tamara 2.jpg Ros 2.jpg

As a result Tamara's projected morale change numbers didn't change but her morale comments did changed. While Valery's overall projected morale change number and her overall comment did change. So what do you thing people? Do you saw anything in the .dll or assets file that would suggest something like this? I would appreciate if you could try it and share your thoughts about it.

Last edited:
Another thing i just remembered small and cosmetic thou.
the components when designing a part, the 10% red zone could do with a +/- in front of it to be inline with all the other attributes which have have them.

I’ve been playing with the updated mod since you released it and completed about 5 seasons in total. So far I’ve enjoyed all the changes. Especially those to marketability.

I think you’ve already started down the right path with the way you calculate marketability now and I don’t think tweaking the calculation is going to make too much of a difference. I think you can perfect it simply by reshuffling the sponsors a little.

I say that because I feel there’s only one problem with marketability, as it stands right now, that makes it feel like we’re being unfairly punished by the new calculations. Namely, that level 2 and level 3 sponsors often aren’t an upgrade over many of the common level 1 sponsors like Carne (200K a race) or Peach Plum (350K a race, that’s on par with many level 4 sponsors!), or the three-year Rusjet deal (In ERS and APS that works out to around 200K a race, not counting the placement bonus).

Although I know there are some very powerful sponsors to be found at level 2 and 3 (Ravelli at 400K a race for instance) these appear to be rare. Maybe the Random Number Generator Gods just hate me, but I always seem to get the crappy 150K - 175K offers. Because of that, I’m now in the crazy situation where I employ a 0% marketability reserve whom I sub in to suppress my marketability whenever a good 1-star contract is about to run out.

Finally, I think there should be high-level variants of placement sponsors like Rusjet. At level 4 or 5 there should be a sponsor with a placement bonus of something like 100K for finishing 16th or above. Nothing extravagant, just something that’s achievable, even for a newly promoted team. Because another problem I’ve run into is that high-level sponsors also have much higher placement requirements. I believe that once you’re at level 4 marketability the lowest possible placement sponsor is at 7th or better and even the upfront cash you get from them can be disappointing compared to that of low-level sponsors like Rusjet or Wan Chai.

Oh, and I also enjoy the critical parts the way they are implemented right now.

I've never actually looked at how much net cash you get from each tier of sponsor. I'll have a quick look at this as tonight I plan on going over the assets in in prep for making this

Got same bug with another interview question. Look in the Interviews.txt and found that instead {InterviewSubject:Name} there was {SubjectName} (all in the other languages was {InterviewSubject:Name} written). So changed it and everything went to normal.
View attachment 178908

Fixed One
View attachment 178909

EDIT: Here is something new for me. I saw people talking about that placing drivers in Car1 and Car2 didn't matter. But I thing that's not true. As you can see in the pics at first Tamara(Main Driver-Reserve Status) was in the Car1 and Valery(Main Driver-Number 2 Driver Status) in Car2.
View attachment 178915 View attachment 178913

I gave Tamara Car2 (and her old parts that was in Car1 before) and Valery Car1 (also gave her old parts). So basically I only changed Car numbers while drivers and parts was the same.
View attachment 178916 View attachment 178914

As a result Tamara's projected morale change numbers didn't change but her morale comments did changed. While Valery's overall projected morale change number and her overall comment did change. So what do you thing people? Do you saw anything in the .dll or assets file that would suggest something like this? I would appreciate if you could try it and share your thoughts about it.

Hi Brian, got your new file will try out soon.

By the way there are 2 interview bugs(@calvg found one of them) where {Subject:Name} was used while all in the other language description {InterviewSubject:Name} is used. I did change them myself in the Interviews.txt and so far it seems it did work. If you changed them already don't mind this post.;)

Interview Bug {Subject:Name}-{InterviewSubject:Name}

Oooh, I wonder why these didn't get changed. I assume this might solve it a bit.

Also, never noticed the morale thing before.

Another thing i just remembered small and cosmetic thou.
the components when designing a part, the 10% red zone could do with a +/- in front of it to be inline with all the other attributes which have have them.

That's the kind of thing I could fix tonight. thanks

Ps. We are a "no go" on the helipad causing other sponsors to not spawn. Thats Base Type data which cannot be added to.

However, we can change it so that "Exiting the pit means you start with cooler tyres"
And we can make punctures happen in low wear (say 10% ish + a randomised amount of time) - untested how AI handles this.

Last edited:
Good news is that you can skip post-race interviews. So the save game isn't damaged.
Could you please see what interview question(s) you got before the crash? Did the crash occur when you hit a particular answer? Please provide as much detail as possible.

I'll probably update this mod to the beta branch over the next couple of days
Good news is that you can skip post-race interviews. So the save game isn't damaged.
Could you please see what interview question(s) you got before the crash? Did the crash occur when you hit a particular answer? Please provide as much detail as possible.

I'll probably update this mod to the beta branch over the next couple of days

I did a new save. I don't exactly remember the interview question. But I think I completed 4/4 questions, then hit continue, where I got the error.

I did a new save. I don't exactly remember the interview question. But I think I completed 4/4 questions, then hit continue, where I got the error.
Odd, normally the crash comes before it. It should have autosaved literally after the race (unless you turned that off, ill advised when running any mod in any game). So you should be able to reload it and test it again for me.

FlamingRed,

Few observations/comments:

1. I had way too many spuns during races. Is there a way to limit that?

2. Forecast center - I think my team does not have a forecast center, hence I'm not able to see the forecast for even the next lap (1/20th - that's really really challenging - have u thought about being liberal there? Can we change the difficulty setting using Assembly-CSharp file?). As the current lap progresses it'd be nice to gradually show the weather conditions of the next lap. It does not happen now. Only when the current lap ends, one can see the forecast for next lap.

3. Unlocking Simulator by upgrading Staff center is good. Does that apply to AIs as well? Can we make it step by step? As in Staff level 1 Simulator unlocks, Staff level 2 "x" unlocks? Just a thought!

Thanks for all ur support!

FlamingRed,

Few observations/comments:

1. I had way too many spuns during races. Is there a way to limit that?

2. Forecast center - I think my team does not have a forecast center, hence I'm not able to see the forecast for even the next lap (1/20th - that's really really challenging - have u thought about being liberal there? Can we change the difficulty setting using Assembly-CSharp file?). As the current lap progresses it'd be nice to gradually show the weather conditions of the next lap. It does not happen now. Only when the current lap ends, one can see the forecast for next lap.

3. Unlocking Simulator by upgrading Staff center is good. Does that apply to AIs as well? Can we make it step by step? As in Staff level 1 Simulator unlocks, Staff level 2 "x" unlocks? Just a thought!

Thanks for all ur support!
1. Spin chance is being lowered in the next update.

3. The AI has the same as you. The exception is for any AI who has it built pre_game star.t.
I don't believe you can set building upgrades to unlock (just unlock new buildings). Y

I'll address 2 with this quote I've not addressed yet
Not being to see at least one future block of weather if you have no forecasting centre feels a bit harsh to me, as surely you could just look at local news station if you don't have a fancy satellite

The thing is, that next block is determined on a lap (or 2 or 3 or 4) basis. Any non specific Weather forecasts will only tell you what (they estimate) is going to happen (on average) over a (broad) area (with sketchy boundaries6, over the next (minimum) hour (with a varying degree of accuracy).

There's really not any weather forecast which tells you 'in exactly 1 minutes time it's going to begin raining x millimetres over the 2mile^2 area you're interested in'. So really, unless you've dedicated your own resources to it, you can't really have that data. Even then, they could be seen as a bit overpowered due to their high certainty..

I'm also a big meanie.

Last edited:
They were some difference lines at the Investors section (also at the other sections in the file). I just changed the PSGxxxxxx and at first it seems to be working.
Seems Okey.jpg

But I guess It didn't. Because at the description it says Pre-Built Test Track, but when I look up at my HQ it wasn't there
But is not.jpg

Also if I am not wrong FlamingRed's and your Investor have different effects(at least I believe that I saw it in boot your Frontend.txt files). So I am not sure which one to use.

@Beynasuh could you PM me Red's latest Frontend so I can merge, please? I don't seem to have the latest assets for whatever reason and my internet is going incredibly slow tonight for some reason...

EDIT: Got it, I hadn't pulled the new one out of the assets, that's why I was missing it...

Last edited:
First of all here is the Frontend.txt from FlamingRed's 1.3b Asset File
Frontend 1.3b.rar

Second, I have a question if you all could help. How is the Performance and Reliability per day system working. I calculate myself but I can't get the days right. Are those per days for every part alone or for all them together. I mean Part1 (1.4+0.9) and Part2 (1.4+0.9) or Part1 (1.4+0.9)/2 and Part2 (1.4+0.9)/2?
How.jpg

1. Spin chance is being lowered in the next update.

3. The AI has the same as you. The exception is for any AI who has it built pre_game star.t.
I don't believe you can set building upgrades to unlock (just unlock new buildings). Y

I'll address 2 with this quote I've not addressed yet

The thing is, that next block is determined on a lap (or 2 or 3 or 4) basis. Any non specific Weather forecasts will only tell you what (they estimate) is going to happen (on average) over a (broad) area (with sketchy boundaries6, over the next (minimum) hour (with a varying degree of accuracy).

There's really not any weather forecast which tells you 'in exactly 1 minutes time it's going to begin raining x millimetres over the 2mile^2 area you're interested in'. So really, unless you've dedicated your own resources to it, you can't really have that data. Even then, they could be seen as a bit overpowered due to their high certainty..

I'm also a big meanie.
Valid thoughts! But to make the game interesting/playable, I think if you reveal the next 1 or 2 laps, and graudually reveal the upcoming laps (instead of going block by block) that wud be great...

Between, Does this apply to AI as well? or just for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes