• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

v1.50 / v1.51 CTDs, crashdumps and general game start-up troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Guys , I didn't delete or create any user files at all , I just went strait into the files and launched the game from the launcher and it seemed to work. Maybe things have been updated since this thread was made?

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,286
    The game will work with your old profile but you will miss new lines that are added now when you create a new profile, meaning you will not have all the new features working properly… Back up you old profile (in case you want to get back your old setups for exemple) but I would suggest you to make a new one. Please have a look at the release thread first, there are valuable info and troubleshooting in there. This 1.50 is a pretty major update! It is worth an extra time for updating… ;)

3. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways (steam: Enzo98) Premium

Ratings:
    +481
    I don't want to be pushy, but any word on this? :)

4. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways (steam: Enzo98) Premium

Ratings:
    +481
    So, I tried the ingame 'Create Game' button, and that worked, sort of. @Tal saw it in the servers list but kept on getting a 'join timed out' message. Any help for this? I forwarded the ports, turned off fire wall and all that.
    @Renato Simioni

5. Tal

Tal

Ratings:
    +416
    It wasn't only me, it was some other dudes too, so it was definitely on @Enzo Fazzi 's side

6. TurcoMaldade_

TurcoMaldade_
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    I'm having this problem with my game:

It just CTD sundely.

7. TurcoMaldade_

TurcoMaldade_
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    One more video:

8. TurcoMaldade_

TurcoMaldade_
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
  9. John Lock

John Lock
    Lockinvar

Ratings:
    +71
    Finally got it working with 5 mins to spare:) take their time sending the activation codes:sick:

10. Peevee88

Peevee88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    @enzo
    I have a similar problem with a fresh install on my dedi server. Wondering if you got this sorted and what was the problem? Any ideas?

11. John Lock

John Lock
    Lockinvar

Ratings:
    +71
    It depends which version of GSCE you are using & which tracks as they altered a lot when updated to 1.52, if your using a non default track some can cause a crash, also if you are using Linkmagic to have locations on another drive some tracks will cause a crash (I've stopped using it as it caused more problems than it was worth), if you let me know what version of SCE & which tracks your using, I'll try to help. john@lockinvarj.plus.com

12. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Oops, nevermind.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  13. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Oops, nevermind.

14. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    The AMS beta isn't live yet. It might be that you're too late to install it now and it won't give you a working GSCE build anymore

15. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    Oops, nevermind. I will maybe uninstall my current GSCE-beta install and wait for AMS beta. I was under the impression that my GSCE-beta install was/is the same as the official V1.52 release and that my install would keep working ?

16. Ricardo Campos

Ricardo Campos

Ratings:
    +28
    Pls,
    How do I change the steam to the root folder of the game?

17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +3,605
    First you need to add an alternative folder for your Steam installs - click on Steam -> Configuration -> Downloads -> Content libraries, there you can add another local folder for new installations. Once that´s done, when (re)installing SCE you can select that folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ricardo Campos

Ricardo Campos

Ratings:
    +28
    Ok
    Thanks, Simi ;)

19. Jordan Pene

Jordan Pene
    Kiwi Racer

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, has anyone experienced stock car extreme lagging lately? I usually get over 100fps and now its crawling at 17fps - 25fps max. There is always a tell tale sign the game is not going to run properly when first starting the game, the intro video is super laggy, broken up like a slideshow of photos. I have found out recently that it was caused by a windows update on windows 10, which as soon as i unistalled it (security update for adobe flash player i think) stock car ran normally again. The problem i have now is it's started doing it again. I've verified integrity of local game cache in steam, disabled antivirus, uninstalled further microsoft updates, checked my video resolution in setup, i have the latest video driver installed etc but nothing seems to want to fix it. I've even managed to get it running fine a couple of times but after 5mins it went from 100fps straight down to 25fps as if some background application starting up is causing the extreme lag. Even the force feedback lags and doesn't work properly to thepoint the game is unusable. I've also noticed the same problem is shared with Automobilista but no other games. Please someone help me run my favourite sim again, i dont want to play Assetto Corsa.

20. pinkimo

pinkimo

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

I've just bought and installed the game from steam.

The game doesn't start. If I run it directly, I get the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018). Click OK to close the application.".

If I try with -trace=5 as launch option, I don't get any log file in UserData.

Windows 7 64 on admin account, I5 2500k, GTX 560 Ti, G27 plugged.
    I've checked everything recommended (cache integrity, dx9, config.exe...) except the drivers update (I'm stuck to 314.22 with my GTX 560 Ti). Tried to close Comodo firewall "just in case", no antivirus.

I've not tested the demo or standalone install and I've no time today to try more things.

Posted here and on steam.

Thanks.