URD eGT mod

You guys know that it has been posted an placeholder fix for the sounds in the download section?

The fix needs to to fixed after the 1.03 update but I posted instructions how to fix it in the thread!

The mods need to be updated to be able to show and simulate damage.
Oh yeah, that is something we are working on allready. They look good on AC cars.
The wobbling hoods, bumpers and rear wing are looking really nice.
EGT cars will get a massive update overall with AC 1.0 out. From cockpit materials overworked to damage and new Fmod sounds.
Right now we are preparing just quick fix with sound placeholders and driver arms.

Oh yeah, that is something we are working on allready. They look good on AC cars.
The wobbling hoods, bumpers and rear wing are looking really nice.
EGT cars will get a massive update overall with AC 1.0 out. From cockpit materials overworked to damage and new Fmod sounds.
Right now we are preparing just quick fix with sound placeholders and driver arms.
Very nice, can't wait to see it :thumbsup:

I really can only faintly hear the sound from the Darche sitting inside. What can I do?

edit: Would be great if we could mix and match the cars with the original GT3 content of AC. Right now the URD-drving-AI is two seconds faster with their cars. I don't know how difficult that is to fix, but it would be a nice addition. And since this is in Beta, I thought I might suggest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Si
I really can only faintly hear the sound from the Darche sitting inside. What can I do?

edit: Would be great if we could mix and match the cars with the original GT3 content of AC. Right now the URD-drving-AI is two seconds faster with their cars. I don't know how difficult that is to fix, but it would be a nice addition. And since this is in Beta, I thought I might suggest.

Do you mean put them in the same race as each other? That can be done now, or do you mean to adjust the URD eGT speed? My understanding is they are GT2 cars so should be slightly faster....

I put them in the same race, but I didn't know they are GT2 cars. Therefore: Yes, they are faster. Now I know why. Bummer. Would have liked to have a really cool Blancpain EGT series.

Thanks for the information.

I put them in the same race, but I didn't know they are GT2 cars. Therefore: Yes, they are faster. Now I know why. Bummer. Would have liked to have a really cool Blancpain EGT series.

Thanks for the information.

Yep GTLM cars are the eGT cars. Heres the difference between them -

Speed

The first thing that is obvious from the time sheets is the speed. For example, at Sebring, the GTLM class Ferrari was approximately 4.5 sec quicker than the GTD spec version. And at Silverstone, the GTLM version is about 2 seconds quicker than the GT3 spec car. These gaps are similar in all the cars. GTLM is the fastest, GT3 is the next quickest and GTD being the slowest.

Downforce

Downforce is one way to that speed differential is created. Let look at the rear wings of the Ferrari 458 cars. GTD runs a spec wing produced by Crawford performance. This wing has a constant profile with a certain width no matter what the car in the class. The GT3 wing is mounted much higher but has a non-constant profile. The same shape is also seen in the GTLM car. This shape increases the efficiency of the outer portions of the wing which is in cleaner air than the parts of the wing behind the driver’s area. The location, size, angle, camber and chord of a wing are all things that can greatly affect the performance of the car. (stay tuned for a future post on wing design)

On the front, downforce gets a little different. For this example we will look at the BMW Z4. This is a perfect example because both the GTD and GTLM versions of the car are based off of the GT3 spec car. The GT3 spec car, which was developed first, has large fender flares and multiple dive planes. The GTD and GTLM versions of the car share the same fender flares as the GT3 car but lack the dive planes of the GT3 model.
Other rules for each series can affect the cars performance. For example, in 2013 the Audi R8 that ran in Grand Am started out as GT3 spec car. In Grand Am the car was required to run without windows, this caused the airflow to the rear wing area to be much different than originally intended and greatly reduced the efficiency of the wing.

Engines

Engines are where we see some differences. The Ferrari 458 and BMW Z4 all use the same engine in all three cars with some minor differences. All three specs of Ferrari use a 4.5L V8 but tuned to fit each series. A similar story for the BMW Z4, all three specs use a 4.4L V8 producing similar power numbers. Performance differences will occur due to different restrictors required by each series as well as different fuels. The Aston Martin Vantage, however, is a little different. The GT3 and GTD spec cars both use a 6L V-12 engine where the GTLM variant uses a 4.5L V8. The Porsche is again similar, with the GTD spec using a 3.8L motor while the GT3 and GTLM spec using a 4L motor.

Driver Aids

Driver aids such as traction control (TC) and anti-lock braking systems (ABS) allow a driver to push the car closer to its limit with less risk of spinning or locking up a tire. GT3 allows for both of these systems to be attached to a car. GTLM does not allow ABS but does allow for traction control (engine only) to be used. GTD doesn’t allow either system to be used.

Tires

One of the largest differences in performance is the tires. Tires are the only part of the car that makes contact with the road and also has the largest effect on performance. The GTD class runs a spec continental tire and GTLM spec cars are an open tire, Michelin and Dunlop being the most popular. GT3 spec cars run on Pirellis in the Blancepain Endurance Series. While I don’t know the differences in construction between all the different types of tires, it is safe to say that whatever the differences are they greatly affect the cars performance.

Yep GTLM cars are the eGT cars. Heres the difference between them -

Speed

The first thing that is obvious from the time sheets is the speed. For example, at Sebring, the GTLM class Ferrari was approximately 4.5 sec quicker than the GTD spec version. And at Silverstone, the GTLM version is about 2 seconds quicker than the GT3 spec car. These gaps are similar in all the cars. GTLM is the fastest, GT3 is the next quickest and GTD being the slowest.

Downforce

Downforce is one way to that speed differential is created. Let look at the rear wings of the Ferrari 458 cars. GTD runs a spec wing produced by Crawford performance. This wing has a constant profile with a certain width no matter what the car in the class. The GT3 wing is mounted much higher but has a non-constant profile. The same shape is also seen in the GTLM car. This shape increases the efficiency of the outer portions of the wing which is in cleaner air than the parts of the wing behind the driver’s area. The location, size, angle, camber and chord of a wing are all things that can greatly affect the performance of the car. (stay tuned for a future post on wing design)

On the front, downforce gets a little different. For this example we will look at the BMW Z4. This is a perfect example because both the GTD and GTLM versions of the car are based off of the GT3 spec car. The GT3 spec car, which was developed first, has large fender flares and multiple dive planes. The GTD and GTLM versions of the car share the same fender flares as the GT3 car but lack the dive planes of the GT3 model.
Other rules for each series can affect the cars performance. For example, in 2013 the Audi R8 that ran in Grand Am started out as GT3 spec car. In Grand Am the car was required to run without windows, this caused the airflow to the rear wing area to be much different than originally intended and greatly reduced the efficiency of the wing.

Engines

Engines are where we see some differences. The Ferrari 458 and BMW Z4 all use the same engine in all three cars with some minor differences. All three specs of Ferrari use a 4.5L V8 but tuned to fit each series. A similar story for the BMW Z4, all three specs use a 4.4L V8 producing similar power numbers. Performance differences will occur due to different restrictors required by each series as well as different fuels. The Aston Martin Vantage, however, is a little different. The GT3 and GTD spec cars both use a 6L V-12 engine where the GTLM variant uses a 4.5L V8. The Porsche is again similar, with the GTD spec using a 3.8L motor while the GT3 and GTLM spec using a 4L motor.

Driver Aids

Driver aids such as traction control (TC) and anti-lock braking systems (ABS) allow a driver to push the car closer to its limit with less risk of spinning or locking up a tire. GT3 allows for both of these systems to be attached to a car. GTLM does not allow ABS but does allow for traction control (engine only) to be used. GTD doesn’t allow either system to be used.

Tires

One of the largest differences in performance is the tires. Tires are the only part of the car that makes contact with the road and also has the largest effect on performance. The GTD class runs a spec continental tire and GTLM spec cars are an open tire, Michelin and Dunlop being the most popular. GT3 spec cars run on Pirellis in the Blancepain Endurance Series. While I don’t know the differences in construction between all the different types of tires, it is safe to say that whatever the differences are they greatly affect the cars performance.
I would like to correct you on the speed diffrence between GTE and GT3 actually the GT3 cars were a tiny bit quicker in Spa the last two years, but it is very circuit dependant as both cars generate the laptime in diffrent places and GT3 has reduced potential due to strict BOP. That is the big problem for GTE. GT3 cars are usually just as fast at a much lower cost.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 402 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back