Thruxton

Tracks Thruxton 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey James, I love Thruxton have been there and had the pleasure of driving there on a few occasions. I’m looking forward to trying this new version. Where did you get the Lidar from?

Hi Ben,

Yes driven a few laps there myself, but not for a few years now and never tried to take Church corner almost flat like you can in the sim! LiDAR came from the UK national LiDAR programme here:

They now have various resolutions covering pretty much the whole country - it's got me wondering what track to do next!

Best,

James

Last edited:
I would love to see an updated BROOKLANDS or a 60's version of Brands Hatch, would it be possible to convert the one we have to make it look like the 60's version.

There is an issue that when leaving the track you don't get any penalties. So you can cut the chicanes quite a lot.
I had a look inside your build but still don't know what the problem might be. AI looks fine. Maybe it's because you have two road surfaces over each other?
physical mesh plus the visual road mesh which also is defined as drivable (0ASPHALT1, 0ASPHALT2)
Try to rename it to ASPHALT1, ASPHALT2, edit surfaces.ini and redo the AI?

'0' makes it non drivable too! I just took a look and you do get a penalty in race, but not in Hotlap for some reason, so I'll try to find a fix, you can cut that a fair bit though as all of the green is defined as valid track so I might tighten that up a bit - or add a tyre stack like they had at last years' BTCC race - although I worry that might give the ai a headache!

Sorry about this got me thinking now about what needs updating, Snetterton 67 could do with a good rework as well. Zolder 67 could do with a rework.

I only want to do scratch build tracks as don’t like revisiting someone else’s work. I also prefer modern tracks I’m afraid - although haven’t ruled out a historic version of Thruxton. I can say that I have now started a scratch build of Castle Coombe from LiDAR scan data...

I only want to do scratch build tracks as don’t like revisiting someone else’s work. I also prefer modern tracks I’m afraid - although haven’t ruled out a historic version of Thruxton. I can say that I have now started a scratch build of Castle Coombe from LiDAR scan data...
Classic Thruxton would be fantastic and a really nice Castle Combe would be great I shall look forward to those.
Thank you for the response, keep up the excellent work.

Regards

Mark

Great news about Castle Combe! My local track too! Off to the track in late July driving a Caterham and have been around the track in the past in a Morgan plus 8. If you need any ref pics give me a shout.

Last edited:
Castle Combe beginning to take shape in Blender, loads of work still to do though - would love some ref pics if you have any Tom, it's always the innocuous stuff that you can't find!

castlecombe.jpg

Must admit had no time at all for the Combe mod lately - I might try and get it to an early release beta stage if people are up for that, it would still be more accurate than others out there as it’s from LiDAR data, but would be far from finished. That said I do want to finish it to a high standard at some point as I don’t want all the work I’ve put in so far to go to waste!

Must admit had no time at all for the Combe mod lately - I might try and get it to an early release beta stage if people are up for that, it would still be more accurate than others out there as it’s from LiDAR data, but would be far from finished. That said I do want to finish it to a high standard at some point as I don’t want all the work I’ve put in so far to go to waste!
I'll take a beta version :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea