Thrustmaster T300RS Review

Kjell, I feel 99% confident the T300 is going to be identical to the TX except one notable feature, since the T300 is the successor to the T500, it has 1080 degrees of rotation instead of the TX's 900 degrees but that's absolutely pointless in my opinion. They use the same motor, belt system, and even the base is practically the same size. There's really no reason to think they would use a different wheel than the TX when its cheaper to repackage a TX as a T300 with PS3/PS4 compatibility. I assume the 1080 DOR was probably a requirement to replace the T500 since PS3 games are already coded with 1080 degrees of rotation for the T500.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed, I'd just like to hear it from someone who's actually tested both ^^
As I see it the T300 might just save me buying a upgrade wheel short term, it would also probably work better as a donor for shifter and buttons for a aftermarket rim I reckon. (than the TX stock wheel that is).

Upvote 0
I had planned to get a T300 to replace my T500 when they're available in the US, but I'm hearing that might be October. If I end up with one, I'll be able to do a comparison unless someone else ends up with both before I do.

Upvote 0
Yes connect your clubsport V2 pedals to USB, they work great together with the T300 wheel. I have both and they put my old G27 to shame. I wish I could connect the pedals to the wheel in some way, would be even better.

Upvote 0
I have a question:
When my wheel's fan start (I have the T300rs) , this never stops, I waited 3 hours and the fan didn't stop.
I must to unplug the usb wire for the fan stop.
Is normal it?

Note: I use Windows 8.1 64 bits and the last firmware and drivers.
thanks

Upvote 0
Antonio.
No this is not normal. My T300RS fan stops after about 3-5minutes.
Bikout.
Looked at the CPX but the postage to Australia might be a bit high. Will look into it a bit more, I like the idea of the CPX.

Upvote 0
Can somebody tell me how much space is needed below the desk when I mount the T300 to a desk? My keyboard slides underneath the desk and I'm afraid I cannot slide the keyboard in anymore when the T300 is mounted. Or maybe there is even too little room between desk and slider to mount the T300 at all. Can anybody give me some measurements?

Upvote 0
To answer my own question: I have asked Thrustmaster about this. This is the reply I got:
The clamping mechanism supplied with the unit needs a minimum of 6 cm of space, under the surface to which the unit has been clamped.
You will need, in the beginning, some additional centimeters to fasten the wheel by hand.
When this is done you will get to the dimension specified (6 cm).
FYI.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back