Thrustmaster T300RS Review

I've had my T300 GTE for a couple of weeks and had no issues. Really pleased with it so far, performance is great. It has a sharp, positive feel to the steering and the FFB is very detailed. A step-up on the Fanatec it replaced.

My only criticism is the rim is a little too small and looks and feels cheap, but it is comfortable and can always be swapped for a custom rim at some point.

Upvote 0
I've had my T300 GTE for a couple of weeks and had no issues. Really pleased with it so far, performance is great. It has a sharp, positive feel to the steering and the FFB is very detailed. A step-up on the Fanatec it replaced.

My only criticism is the rim is a little too small and looks and feels cheap, but it is comfortable and can always be swapped for a custom rim at some point.
In what way cheap, isn't it wrapped in leather like the G27? And aren't the spokes metal/aluminum? It's 11" diameter, right?

Upvote 0
In what way cheap, isn't it wrapped in leather like the G27? And aren't the spokes metal/aluminum? It's 11" diameter, right?
It's a rubber grip like the DFGT whereas my Fanatec had some alcantara which was more like real race wheel. As I said, it's comfortable to use so it doesn't bother me.

The hub and paddles are metal so it feels pretty solid. The wheel diameter is 280mm I think, so it's on the small side.

Upvote 0
It's a rubber grip like the DFGT whereas my Fanatec had some alcantara which was more like real race wheel. As I said, it's comfortable to use so it doesn't bother me.

The hub and paddles are metal so it feels pretty solid. The wheel diameter is 280mm I think, so it's on the small side.

I see, thanks. So it's rubber like w/ the DFGT. OTOH, the 280mm diameter would be fine for me, as the G27 is the same.

Anyone here using the G27 pedals and this wheel, know which pedal cable is better, ricmotec or Leo bodnar?

Upvote 0
its very close to the dfgt one ;) thats the only thing i dont like on my t300, theres a edge around the wheel... so it feels very cheap... you can cut this edge but then it will look very ugly :(

Upvote 0
Is it comparable to fanatec csw v2 or v1 ? I'm planning to upgrade from g27 and I am thinging about fanatec but I thing it is overpriced and have to wait for it, so how is the t300rs compared to csw v2 ?

Upvote 0
Is it comparable to fanatec csw v2 or v1 ? I'm planning to upgrade from g27 and I am thinging about fanatec but I thing it is overpriced and have to wait for it, so how is the t300rs compared to csw v2 ?
It's very good, not as fast and not as strong as the CSW v2, and for sure does not offer that feeling of quality materials that the CSW v2 does, but it's a VERY good wheel for the price asked.
I'd go for the CSW v2 only if you are prepared to pay extra for that premium look and feel, which is what I was so I returned my T300 and bought the v2 and I'm VERY happy that I did, I LOVE my wheel. :)

Upvote 0
To me, it was so worth the wait, I waited 3 months for mine.
Better? Yes I think it's a better wheel, but the price difference does not reflect how much better it is, it's quite expensive compared to the T300.

Something to think of is whether or not you think you'll be happy with the stock wheel on the T300.
I wasn't, I found it too small (280mm, compared to 300mm on my previous GT3 wheel and 320mm on the BMW GT2 rim I now have) and the rubber made it feel really cheap, after playing for 20-30 mins it made my hands sticky. Now I race with gloves so perhaps that wouldn't matter anymore but it would still be too small.
So I started looking at buying a DSD adapter to fit a custom rim, but when I started adding up the costs, rim, adapter, paddles for shifting, some buttons on the wheel, a plate to hold buttons and paddles, electronics to run it through, it all started adding up to costs approaching a CSW v2 with a BMW rim, and that's when doing all the work myself.
So I figured I might just as well return my T300 on a refund and buy the CSW v2 instead.

One more thing that pushed the decision over for me was the fact that I knew that even if I modified my T300 and got happy with that, I would still drool over the CSW v2, and we all know that buying cheap is expensive cos you end up getting the expensive option anyways. :p

Upvote 0
I've had my CSW v2 for about 6 months now, and I still don't feel the urge to drool over anything else like OSW or AccuForce, which is a very rare thing for me, I usually start looking at the next upgrade quite soon after getting something (it's a disease I tell you :p).
I'm just THAT happy with my wheel, I don't see the need for anything better, yet... :p

Upvote 0
Dang @Kjell Eilertsen, you're a bad tempter! :) I've until end-Sept before deciding to buy a T300 (when my brother can take it back from the US) to upgrade from my G27, and have read mixed reactions on whether to upgrade (nice and smooth and removes the rattle, while some say there's little change from G27). Closing my ears. :)

Upvote 0
Dang @Kjell Eilertsen, you're a bad tempter! :) I've until end-Sept before deciding to buy a T300 (when my brother can take it back from the US) to upgrade from my G27, and have read mixed reactions on whether to upgrade (nice and smooth and removes the rattle, while some say there's little change from G27). Closing my ears. :)
T300 is a massive upgrade from the G27 as far as I am concerned, FFB wise that is, the rim on a G27 is quite nice tbh even if is a bit small.

Upvote 0
I have just upgraded to a T300RS, which so far feels fantastic compared to a DFGT. My only issue is I could do with a longer power lead and so I thought I would be able to just get a replacement off ebay, but Thrustmaster in their wisdom have decided to fit a crazy connector that fits in their wheel base.

Does anyone have a clue what type of connector this is as I have searched in vain online.

Upvote 0
I have just upgraded to a T300RS, which so far feels fantastic compared to a DFGT. My only issue is I could do with a longer power lead and so I thought I would be able to just get a replacement off ebay, but Thrustmaster in their wisdom have decided to fit a crazy connector that fits in their wheel base.

Does anyone have a clue what type of connector this is as I have searched in vain online.
How long is the stock power lead?

Upvote 0
How long is the stock power lead?
2 Meters. The obvious thing is use a extension which I am doing but I thought I would be able to just get the correct length lead I need off ebay, but I have never seen a connector like it.

Definitely a first world problem :rolleyes:.

The wheel itself is fantastic, a massive upgrade from what I was used to.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years