Thrustmaster T300RS Review

I agree with Insert Coin, I have heard a lot of quality issues with both the T300 & TX Wheel. I have been lucky with my TX but saying that I would not be surprised if it goes wrong at some point just because of all of the quality control issues that both the TX & T300 have had. It is probably best to wait for revisions of the T300, hopefully Thrustmaster solve these issues out.

Upvote 0
Is true, but the support of thustmaster is amazing.
My wheel had the same problem with noise to turn left, as soon as I had phoned to thrustmaster support, they changed me the central unit.
The new unit doesn't have any problem so far

Upvote 0
Here is my T300RS review:

I bought my T300RS on 10/10/2014.
On 10/24/2014 (after two weeks) as you can see here http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...lia-edition-review.80000/page-17#post-1845535 my T300RS started to act strangely.
There is 2 years of guarantee on this product so no problem: I sent it back to the retailer then after 2 weeks later I got my steering wheel back, they said it had a "contact problem which was fixed".
On my second attempt to turn on the wheel (after about half an hour) the same error came back also the wheel started to falter when I was turning it in a direction.
So back to the retailer.
After another 3 weeks on 12/19/2014 it turned out that my wheel can't be fixed and they also can't give me a new one so I get my money back.

Now, my previous wheel which was a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 also "died" after 8 months of usage, they sent me a new one which was also dead out of the box so they sent me another one which was OK (but by that time I already bought the T300RS and I had my buyer for the brand new Fanatec :D ).

Honestly, considering these products are very expensive (especially the T300RS) and you can hear it here and there that I'm not the only one with faulty steering wheels these companies are laughable and pathetic and they can go f@ck themselves with the quality control they have. The joke is I was very hesitant before I bought the T300RS because I was aware of the problems the TX wheel has still I bought it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a question:
When my wheel's fan start (I have the T300rs) , this never stops, I waited 3 hours and the fan didn't stop.
I must to unplug the usb wire for the fan stop.
Is normal it?

Note: I use Windows 8.1 64 bits and the last firmware and drivers.
thanks
I've had my T300 GTE for a bit over a week now, and I've also noticed mine does this as well. I was doing some racing earlier, and came back to my computer a few hours later only to realise that the cooling fan had been running the entire time. It never stops.

Not sure why this is.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I plug my wheel in, it registers on the computer as a "Thrustmaster FFB Wheel", and in the control panel appears as a "Thrustmaster T500RS". When this happens the wheel doesn't work at all. Sometimes unplugging and replugging it sorts it out, but other times I need to restart my PC all together.

I've got all the latest drivers and firmware installed. I just assuming that it's down to buggy drivers by Thrustmaster.

Anyone else experienced this?

Upvote 0
If the T300 shows up as Thrustmaster FFB wheel you accidentally pushed the PS3/PS4 button to the PS4 setting. Move it back to PS3 and you'll be ok.

In your case though it seems intermittent.. Maybe the switch is broken or half way between the two settings or something like that?

Upvote 0
If the T300 shows up as Thrustmaster FFB wheel you accidentally pushed the PS3/PS4 button to the PS4 setting. Move it back to PS3 and you'll be ok.

In your case though it seems intermittent.. Maybe the switch is broken or half way between the two settings or something like that?
Nah, I've had it on PS3 setting the whole time.
It's really strange.

Upvote 0
hmm when i read this.... i will buy a new wheel soon and have an eye on the t300 but now... first i felt in love with the t500 but after i noticed the shift paddles are locked and dont move with the wheel i said no... now i read here and on some other sites that thustmasers has a "bad quality" it will end in an g27 :(

or im wrong?

this is my fav now http://www.amazon.de/Lenkrad-T300-Ferrari-GTE-Wheel/dp/B00KSXV27O/ref=pd_cp_vg_3/277-8545132-2701418
link is just an example ^^

what would you guys say? spend the money and buy or better take the g27?

Upvote 0
hmm when i read this.... i will buy a new wheel soon and have an eye on the t300 but now... first i felt in love with the t500 but after i noticed the shift paddles are locked and dont move with the wheel i said no... now i read here and on some other sites that thustmasers has a "bad quality" it will end in an g27 :(

or im wrong?

this is my fav now http://www.amazon.de/Lenkrad-T300-Ferrari-GTE-Wheel/dp/B00KSXV27O/ref=pd_cp_vg_3/277-8545132-2701418
link is just an example ^^

what would you guys say? spend the money and buy or better take the g27?
Not at all. The quality is much higher than that of a G27.
Only the pedals are worse, but the wheel is far better in both quality and function.

Upvote 0
and everything i read is with strange sounds when steering and this calibrate "bug" :D
so the guys who showed the problems are always monday wheels? :D

one good point is the warranty, mostly 2 years in germany so it think i will give it a try...

Upvote 0
I've had my T300 GTE for a bit over a week now, and I've also noticed mine does this as well. I was doing some racing earlier, and came back to my computer a few hours later only to realise that the cooling fan had been running the entire time. It never stops.

Not sure why this is.

I've also noticed that sometimes when I plug my wheel in, it registers on the computer as a "Thrustmaster FFB Wheel", and in the control panel appears as a "Thrustmaster T500RS". When this happens the wheel doesn't work at all. Sometimes unplugging and replugging it sorts it out, but other times I need to restart my PC all together.

I've got all the latest drivers and firmware installed. I just assuming that it's down to buggy drivers by Thrustmaster.

Anyone else experienced this?
My t500 was doing this before the latest drivers, Im running windows 10 so I think that plays a part in it, but gave the exact same problem

Upvote 0
and everything i read is with strange sounds when steering and this calibrate "bug" :D
so the guys who showed the problems are always monday wheels? :D

one good point is the warranty, mostly 2 years in germany so it think i will give it a try...
Well they are all consumer wheels. T500RS is a true and tested wheel so if you are seriously worried I would get that and not a G27 or TX/T300RS. TX and T300RS new kids on the block has a bit more to proove. My G27s has been all but bulletproof but I really can´t say anything bad about logitechs support.

As for static paddles it´s just something to get used to. It took about 5 minutes for me and it was like I never driven with anything else. When you are totally out of control it may be a bit confusing but then you already lost 15 seconds going backwards been in a wall and volted 3 times what is 2 more? TBH I just as frequently get the rear gear in going out the pits with my moving paddles lol. If it´s fixed they are always on the same sides ;)

Main reason I like them though is because apart from feeling good they allow for aftermarket rims. Can argue that most cars that you really want paddles rather then sequential or H-shifter (much more fun) small 280 mm rims do the task quite well though

Upvote 0
im a paddles only driver :D no really, i dont like the locked paddles... i added some "selfmade" ones on my dfgt, used some of another older wheel... its more than 5 years old now and its running still fine without any problems... thats one reason why i would buy a g27 for sure too... i know logitech made a good job with the wheels and you will have fun for a loooong loooong time with them...

checking all the available wheels the t300 is the wheel i like most, even the buttons on the wheel itself are great placed... now i have a named button for my flashing lights :D i hope i can use a script on this wheel too like i do for my dfgt...
ok the pedals are looking not like the price they want but the dfgt dont have better ones ^^ i think its no problem to buy some better ones later...

Upvote 0
since 3 weeks now i have the t300 ferrari wheel and i have to say overall im very happy with it :thumbsup: for now i have none of the problems were people talk about and i hope it will be so for a loooong time :whistling: the ffb is great and nice smooth
the only thing what really sucks ist the very loud click of the shift paddles... on my dfgt they were nearly silently... and i dont think theres something how i can fix it...

Upvote 0
since 3 weeks now i have the t300 ferrari wheel and i have to say overall im very happy with it :thumbsup: for now i have none of the problems were people talk about and i hope it will be so for a loooong time :whistling: the ffb is great and nice smooth
the only thing what really sucks ist the very loud click of the shift paddles... on my dfgt they were nearly silently... and i dont think theres something how i can fix it...
Could the t300rs batches be newer now and not possess most of the issues related here from the earlier batches from last year? Anyone who recently acquired theirs care to chime in? I'm looking into upgrading from a G27 too but will be taking chances as I'm not in the U.S. or EU where support is much easier (but will be ordering through my brother in the US).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing