The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Hi guys, a quick headsup, the SDK pipeline and relating template scenes, tools etc. got updated to version 2.0 with hotfix 1.14.3. The document should cover plenty of previously unreleased instructions and guidelines to modding in AC, including our most recent quality requirements that we use for the creation of official content. Of course, it's not comprehensive, I still urge you to keep the community spirit going and also visit the modding section on the official support forum to give and receive more information and support. Thanks for your efforts, apologies for the delay, it'd been long due, and keep up the good work. Happy modding!
So the Formula K again loads without modifications? :D Thanks, can't wait to check it out.

So the Formula K again loads without modifications? :D Thanks, can't wait to check it out.
Erm, I'm not entirely sure about that, for this release I only concentrated on the document itself and the artist tools. If there's a specific bug with the Formula K, please let us know on the official forums, and we'll take a look.

oev9g6y.jpg

Most convoluted thing I had to join... 5 tubes coming together. Right where you can see it from the cockpit too. But now it's done.

ylQ0tF0.jpg

Went straight for 'all the blur', I do have an intermediate level but I'm not happy with how blurry it is atm. Only front-left until I decide if the intermediate level even helps cause the extra objects are kinda a pain to set up in the editor.

Fantasy Caterham skin, with some inspiration from 2012 and 2013, with more sponsors :D
Its my second skin for AC, its far from perfect and i dont even know if i should publish it (Because of the Sponsors/Logos, i dont want any problems with them^^ ) once its done.
Any tipps/tricks to make it better?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 182
I have run into problem and can't figure out what I did wrong.

Created 4K skin.
Saved as DDS DX5 in folder west_racing_4k
Opened the Skin_00.dds 4096x4096.

Changed image size to 2048X2048.
Saved it to west_racing_2k

And this happens.
jwqlJHF.png

edit: just to add to this

that rear wing support and front turning vane
has
txDetail: MAT_Carbon

so even if I did paint it white it shouldn't change color to white.

but I didn't do anything just resized 4k skin to 2k.

for some reason in 2k version it goes white.

while original skin is normal.

Last edited:
Aside from my "Nords2" project I have been working on (26km long real roads circuit), I have also decided to try and make this real life circuit, used between 1953-1956 :) It is the Battenbergring, in Germany (trust me to fall in love with the only known circuit to be named after a cake :p)

Battenbergring_01.jpg

The track is 12.6km long and has elevation changes that remind me a lot of Bilster Berg :inlove: (beta testers welcome ;))

Last edited:
For the first time in... I don't even know how long, I'm not working this weekend! Go me!

So I did a couple things. The first is based on a (rejected) proposal I did several months ago, and the second is based on James Deane's Formula D car. Have some things to clean up around the edges and whatnot, but the liveries themselves are more or less finished.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 233
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 216
First video of my new project. I am already in love with this track, which bodes well for me completing it :inlove: When I re-started work on my Deutschlandring track (after Thomson Road) I liked it, but it never really gave me a rush driving around it. This track does.

Ironically, I have spent weeks looking for real roads to make a fictional track that gives me the buzz that the Nordschleife does, and this 12.5km track was there all along :whistling:

I just did a test race using the Porsche 962, and was surprised to see how well the AI cope with the elevation changes - and I haven't even made a start on the camber changes yet :confused:

This is my favourite section by far :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Cake? It's the name of the hill and an aristocratic family named after it (which in turn probably named the cake). Can't find a meaning for "Batten" here on mobile.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 532 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 331 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 353 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 176 22.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 208 26.8%
Back