The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Getting close to unleash the beast. ;)
preview_702.jpg

preview_704.jpg

Nice, from what ive seen alcantara is a damn hard thing to replicate nicely in games for whatever reason. Its shiny in pcars for some reason.

Well mostly because it's hard to get it right using a tileable texture. The perfect solution would be to use a huge map (4k at least) and avoid using a tile, but that'll be overkill.

In this case I've used the NM_Detail shader as any other car, tried to get as close as possible without using too much tile or losing detail.

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_2-5-2017-9-59-15.jpg

Still not perfect, but close. Haven't seen a good example of this in AC yet.

What about using a small tileable detail texture for the grain, and then a larger texture (say, the whole dash as one non-tiling texture) for some colour/specular variation to make it look like the grain is brushed in a different direction? The change in look as the grain is brushed in a different direction is, to me, the biggest thing that makes Alcantara look like Alcantara.

Similarly to how the roads are textured.

What about using a small tileable detail texture for the grain, and then a larger texture (say, the whole dash as one non-tiling texture) for some colour/specular variation to make it look like the grain is brushed in a different direction? The change in look as the grain is brushed in a different direction is, to me, the biggest thing that makes Alcantara look like Alcantara.

Similarly to how the roads are textured.

That gave me an idea, so I messed with the map texture channels, added some variation to the AO, some adjustments to the shader, and I'm pleased with the result now, here it is:
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_2-5-2017-13-37-25.jpg

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_2-5-2017-13-37-35.jpg

My reference:
LAMBORGHINIDiabloSE30-2799_1.jpg

Might have to lose a bit of the contrast there but I think that does it.

No trade secrets here:
alcantara.jpg

That gave me an idea, so I messed with the map texture channels, added some variation to the AO, some adjustments to the shader, and I'm pleased with the result now, here it is:
View attachment 194465
View attachment 194464

My reference:
View attachment 194466

Might have to lose a bit of the contrast there but I think that does it.

No trade secrets here:
View attachment 194468

Exactly what I was thinking. Beauty. Get the stitching on there and it'll be perfect. :inlove: Great stuff!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%