The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Well, maybe everything has to be UV'd, but a lot of stuff can be UV'd quite randomly. It depends.

For me possibility of using multiplied detail was a great deal. It was easier. Much more rational way for a lot of materials. And probably saved about 40Mb of kn5 model file because of that, plus got better looks. Another thing which I discovered was that not every texture needs to have Alpha channel, this helped to reach even lower weight of the model file.

One thing which is a bit puzzling for me is, how to make rivets using normal maps, I have no idea. Done one trick for interior aluminum part rivets, but couldn't do it very clearly without distortions.

If anyone could explain me that, I would be happy :)

Edit: One more thing which I learned, which allowed me to use multiplied detail in the first place. I have a lot of impact labels on the dash, at first I was trying to do it on same material. And it was absolutely wrong and horrible. Later I created separate material for impact labels, and made them as separate objects, planes to be exact, with edges extruded towards the dash.

Last edited:
But how did you guys live without AO baking, it makes such a huge difference :D

Small thing I found while doing the KRB main shell UV, I did it BEFORE applying the Mirror modifier, and had put an image with a black line right in teh midle as UV background image to align that half-UV to.
2.jpg

I had checked those buttons here
1.jpg

after doing that half UV I applied the Mirror, and then just had to align the other half to the first, which is made easier if you use 'G' and than either 'x' or 'y' to lock movement to either axis.

To get stuff seamless across the middle in blender, I manually move the 2d cursor (somewhere in the T-tab for UV editing) to the halfway point of the image (512, 1024, whatever) then select the vertices along the center and set 2d-cursor coordinates and scale to 0 in X.

• Deleted member 130869

I'll start with the 1988 Porsche (17 and 19)

7e7749812c668b46ab24cf274998c9fe.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

porsche962c19_89-1.jpg

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-1989-11-porsche-kremer-racing-porsche-962c-george-fouch-hideki.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the very first shot. I had less time than I thought to work on it tonight.
31288054846_76dd9a2922_c.jpg

I'll do white wheels. The best would be BBS wheels but I can't on the short tail and I found one photo where she had white (5 strokes - I'm not quite certain of "stroke" but my technical english is limited) wheels.

Looking good so far! Not sure why Kunos didn't include the BBS wheels with the short tail. So many of the real ones had those wheels on them. I'm guessing there's no way to use the texture from the long tail though.

Think this'll be my last real-world livery for a while. I already know the pinstripes on the top are going to be a pain in the ass and I haven't even started them yet.
NICeYcg.jpg

That's the very first shot. I had less time than I thought to work on it tonight.
31288054846_76dd9a2922_c.jpg

I'll do white wheels. The best would be BBS wheels but I can't on the short tail and I found one photo where she had white (5 strokes - I'm not quite certain of "stroke" but my technical english is limited) wheels.
Close. "Spoke" not "stroke" :)

I think your wheels are just set in slightly too far. I think the wing shape looks correct. Try moving both the front and back wheels outwards by about 40mm and re-render, see how that looks :)

EDIT - looking again at the real / render, I think the problem might be the width of the front wing in front and behind the front wheel, like it doesn't taper enough going towards the front of the car. The distance between the tyre and back of the wing looks ok, but at the front the tyre looks set too far in. That says to me that the wing sticks too far out, not that the wheel is set too far in.

Last edited:
By the way guys, if any of you attented Spa Classic 2015 or Le Mans Classic 2016 (or any other recent race in fact) and have detailed photos off the TicTac livery I'm interested in.
I found several pictures from Spa 2015 with some detailed logos (race specific - the livery logos are easy to find) but not all so I'm looking for the small details now :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.