The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I don't hear anyone crying.

The fact that we miss the old forum doesn't mean we're not also happy here. There are fewer participants and less activity, but the average mod quality is higher and more things actually reach completion, as it was mostly those who were "serious" that kept at it.

Sometimes it's OK to just keep your mouth shut and not share what you're thinking, especially when it has no constructive purpose.

Might not look like much progress, but the front wing/nose cone which was previously a turbosmoothed jobbie is now less than half the amount of tris and is now all one piece.

Also, we now have functioning headlights, taillights and brake lights. Had to compromise a bit at the rear' I wanted to have the taillight clusters mounted on the wheel covers, but it seems they don't function if they are within the suspension dummys - a bit of a shame.

CxnQVFmh.jpg

2SRW8Leh.jpg

wb7XXT2h.jpg

Might not look like much progress, but the front wing/nose cone which was previously a turbosmoothed jobbie is now less than half the amount of tris and is now all one piece.

Also, we now have functioning headlights, taillights and brake lights. Had to compromise a bit at the rear' I wanted to have the taillight clusters mounted on the wheel covers, but it seems they don't function if they are within the suspension dummys - a bit of a shame.

CxnQVFmh.jpg

2SRW8Leh.jpg

wb7XXT2h.jpg

Question :

Whats the engine type of your concept ?

Edit:

Bit more progress although will need to get it more round

ClzMdkV.png

EDIT 2:

Fixed
z89YGDN.png

Last edited:
BMW 1000cc 4 cylinder from this:

p90162337_highres.jpg
That is one of the craziest bikes ever to exist. The only thing wrong with it is the asymetrical front lights :( BMW really dropped the ball there. But mechanically and functionally, unless you're a manufacturer fanboy, this is the fastest litre bike ever made :inlove:

That is one of the craziest bikes ever to exist. The only thing wrong with it is the asymetrical front lights :( BMW really dropped the ball there. But mechanically and functionally, unless you're a manufacturer fanboy, this is the fastest litre bike ever made :inlove:

Lol, I know very very little about bikes (or this type of bike, anyway). All I knew was what sort of power figures and engine characteristics (high revving, top end) I was looking for, and this sort of presented itself.

Got some decent dimensions too, so I could actually package it, though I fully admit it'd be very costly to implement like i have done, but then that's what virtual cars are for. :roflmao: Mounted longitudinally it'd need a brand new gearbox casing, and differential obviously. Plus I've implemented a electric motor, which again would probably cause a lot of headaches irl... :p

Lol, I know very very little about bikes (or this type of bike, anyway). All I knew was what sort of power figures and engine characteristics (high revving, top end) I was looking for, and this sort of presented itself.

Got some decent dimensions too, so I could actually package it, though I fully admit it'd be very costly to implement like i have done, but then that's what virtual cars are for. :roflmao: Mounted longitudinally it'd need a brand new gearbox casing, and differential obviously. Plus I've implemented a electric motor, which again would probably cause a lot of headaches irl... :p
It's an absolute beaut'. BMW came in to the supersport market (having not made supersports for years (if ever)) in 2009 and blew away everyone else away with one bike. To this day it's the only supersport they make and they nailed it on their first and, so far, final attempt.

And why does it need an electric motor? :p It's 0-60 time is already 2.7 seconds. I guess your car weighs a little more than the Beamer dry?

It's an absolute beaut'. BMW came in to the supersport market (having not made supersports for years (if ever)) in 2009 and blew away everyone else away with one bike. To this day it's the only supersport they make and they nailed it on their first and, so far, final attempt.

And why does it need an electric motor? :p It's 0-60 time is already 2.7 seconds. I guess your car weighs a little more than the Beamer dry?

Yeah, the car weighs in around 600kg - that coupled with the bikes original gearing (very long first gear (compared to a car), quite close ratios), it really struggles to get going. There's really not much torque, and obviously uses the revs to get the power. The electric motor helps normal driving at lower revs, and just adds to the torque curve throughout in the racey-er mode, meaning it brings power up a fair chunk (50bhp if i remember correctly, bringing the 170bhp (at the wheel) up to 220bhp).

I'd expect it weighs more than 2x what the Beamer does. Twice the wheels, brakes, has a full canopy plus aero package. Would think the electrics would help a lot with low end torque.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back