The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I think people who make a storm about whether the mod is paid or not should quietly think twice what they write. Personally I try to buy all the mods which are cool because i know how much work they cost them to make and those few euros are nothing.
Examples? Recently I went to measure manta, what cost? Fuel, rent a garage with a lift, test drive, disassembly of the suspension, lunch with the mantas owner .Over 200E. It will never be appreciated non returned, but I have a faze to do so I do it :) @A3DR does a very good job and it's sad that he has to go into such discussions. Sorry for my eng if I wrote something not understandable

And gathering those rare, decades old books with their precious informations costs alot of money... they are expansive and it costs alot of work and time to get them, believe me.;):)

But ask yourself:
Is it fair to get yourself these informations without paying, when you want to be paid for the thing you want to make of it? In addition not mentioning, that those informations will be used for a paid mod. Is this the correct way? And what about the copyrights issue?

Just to make it clear: Informations are always given happily for free to people making free mods. They will never be given for paid mods. I´m not interested in making only one cent or any other benefit with it.

But incidents like this, forcing me to close the library...:(

Last edited:
I do not know the case, but if you helped with a project that suddenly became paid, something is wrong here and the guys should give you some redress.

But it isn't free advertisement for software developing companies either, now is it?
I mean, it's a thread for modders isn't it? Once you start selling product, you're a company, not a modder.
Not everyone who makes and sells something is automatically a company.
If someone wants to charge people in order to download their content, that's entirely fine. After all, they spent a lot of time and effort in order to create that content in the first place.
If someone doesn't want to pay for that mod, then they don't have to buy it.

Nobody - absolutely nobody - is entitled to have access to someone's work simply because "it's a mod, it should be free". No - you're looking at the product of someone's time, work, and passion, and I think it's only fair to pay a small amount so that the creators have a little compensation for their efforts.

Those who produce paid content don't charge a fortune. We're talking about something between 2 and maybe, at the utmost, 10 €. If that's too much for you in order to have some high-quality content, then maybe you don't really want/need it after all. I've always been happy to pay for content, for example the RSS Formula Hybrid.

I couldn't care less if it was 1 cent. It's money, period. When you sell product, you're a company. With all the obligations that come with it. I don't have anything against payware.
But if this would be my website, I would most certainly not allow ppl to promote payware content. They should do that on their own website.

Oh noes it's the controversy car again!
__custom_showroom_1502631629.jpg

Out of curiosity what mods have you released? I have completely lost track of which modders are responsible for which mods.
@garyjpaterson

@After_Midnight might not have "released" a mod, but trust me, his work has been totally invaluable to me with the Audi TT, Seat Leon and the Ginetta, as he does loads and loads of texture work for me.

Shaun

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%