The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'm getting a little bit bored with the attitude that you're entitled to mod content for free. Every free mod is a generous gift from its creators.

Mod edit : this kind of language will not be tolerated on the forums

Content that is false, harassing, or offensive is not permitted at our site. Our staff will remove these items as soon as possible and will take appropriate actions against the poster.

do not edit or add to this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a little bit bored with the attitude that you're entitled to mod content for free. Every free mod is a generous gift from its creators. .
Only one opinion allowed here?
And why you´re getting so inappropriate unfriendly, it´s just different people have a different sight on things.

Last edited by a moderator:
@A3DR, your work is incredible. Have you considered setting up a Patreon to pursue full time modding? Do you already have something like that, or a donation page? I'd definitely like to donate as I've used your mods a lot and I want to keep seeing this level of quality work.

Thanks!, and yeah I've been considering Patreon but that'll mean I'll have to spend 100% of my time to AC, so I can't commit to that right now as I have other projects going on as well. I still think it's a good way of making a living doing mods, just like people does with videos, music, etc.

I'm getting a little bit bored with the attitude that you're entitled to mod content for free. Every free mod is a generous gift from its creators.

Mod edit : this kind of language will not be tolerated on the forums

Got late to the party but I can imagine what was edited there (and I agree of course!)

@Kasti: to make things clear, Sergio paid me to build this car, it's part of his ongoing project and he'll decide what to do with it.
I'm tired of having the same discussion so that's all I'm going to say about it, no point in wasting time doing so. Get used to it, pay mods are the future of quality content.

Thanks!, and yeah I've been considering Patreon but that'll mean I'll have to spend 100% of my time to AC, so I can't commit to that right now as I have other projects going on as well. I still think it's a good way of making a living doing mods, just like people does with videos, music, etc.

Got late to the party but I can imagine what was edited there (and I agree of course!)

@Kasti: to make things clear, Sergio paid me to build this car, it's part of his ongoing project and he'll decide what to do with it.
I'm tired of having the same discussion so that's all I'm going to say about it, no point in wasting time doing so. Get used to it, pay mods are the future of quality content.
It´s your choice. You can do and offer paid mods as many as you wish to do.
But sadly this fact wasn`t obvious the days before, it was never mentioned. I never had and i never will support commercial mods by providing infos and datas or else...

...in this particular case - i wasted my time. ;)

I would be nice if commercial mods would be marked as "paid mod" in future.

Last edited:
Here's something I'm working on then

pZEhCbEh.jpg

It´s your choice. You can do and offer paid mods as many as you wish to do.
But sadly this fact wasn`t obvious the days before, it was never mentioned. I never had and i never will support commercial mods by providing infos and datas or else...

...in this particular case - i wasted my time. ;) I would be nice if commercial mods would be marked as "paid mod" in future.

This thread is called "what you're working on", I post my free stuff as well as commissioned work for AC, and I don't need to put any labels since it doesn't makes any difference in the end result.

Be as sad as you'd like, shame you won't get to enjoy this car in the end after your valuable help on it.

This thread is called "what you're working on", I post my free stuff as well as commissioned work for AC, and I don't need to put any labels since it doesn't makes any difference in the end result.

Be as sad as you'd like, shame you won't get to enjoy this car in the end after your valuable help on it.

It´s simply not fair to do it this way, you appropriate yourself a good or something similar without paying for, in this case my work and time, plus informations i searched and gathered. Which would never be provided to you by me, if you had been open and fair about the fact, your´re gonna to use it for a paid mod. But you yourself want to be paid at last for your mod, made with the use of these goods/work, you`ve not paid for. And you getting free advertisement for it this way too.

And what about the Mitter family or Audi, are they gonna be paid by you? Come on, equal rights for everybody...

Kunos pays, SCS pays, SMS games pays, Reiza pays... They all pay for their right to use someone elses properties. Paid mods without the permission of those who own the copyrights would lead in long terms only to stricter laws and perhaps to the complete ban of modding. Donation is already a grey zone, you know... but paid mods need the permission of the copyright owners.

Do you think, the big companies don`t care using their designs without paying for? False. Good example was the guys trying sell an A380 without the permission of Airbus, Airbus has good lawyers- guess what happens...

Here is an good example for the consequences,game companies already suffer without doing something wrong themselves. Everybody playing ATS, knows about the small number of truck models, you just have to read their blogs, why it´s such a long term, hard work for them to get additional permissions for more Trucks ingame. There are still only Paccar(thanks) trucks ingame. And keep in mind that additional Trucks in SCS games are a free gift to their customers, but do you think they got the permission for free?? Ask yourself why the copyrights issue gets more and more a problem...

In long terms we are all gonna be the loosers. The big companies have the money, the lawyers and the political influence to solve their problems with a solution they want. And that simply means: no use of their designs without permission and payment and a complex contract with them.

Last edited:
oh dear. get a grip, nobody here is making MONEY, if people here want some recompense for the vast amount time this stuff takes. what of it!!, what are you offering........................if not go away

i'am so ranting now

Last edited:
Some people here seems to think that their way of thinking is the only right one. Some of you might be great modders but you're not the holders of the ultimate truth. It's just your opinion, everyone have right to have their own.

I think people who make a storm about whether the mod is paid or not should quietly think twice what they write. Personally I try to buy all the mods which are cool because i know how much work they cost them to make and those few euros are nothing.
Examples? Recently I went to measure manta, what cost? Fuel, rent a garage with a lift, test drive, disassembly of the suspension, lunch with the mantas owner .Over 200E. It will never be appreciated non returned, but I have a faze to do so I do it :) @A3DR does a very good job and it's sad that he has to go into such discussions. Sorry for my eng if I wrote something not understandable

I think people who make a storm about whether the mod is paid or not should quietly think twice what they write. Personally I try to buy all the mods which are cool because i know how much work they cost them to make and those few euros are nothing.
Examples? Recently I went to measure manta, what cost? Fuel, rent a garage with a lift, test drive, disassembly of the suspension, lunch with the mantas owner .Over 200E. It will never be appreciated non returned, but I have a faze to do so I do it :) @A3DR does a very good job and it's sad that he has to go into such discussions. Sorry for my eng if I wrote something not understandable

Yeah sure, people who doesn't like payware are creating storm and should hold back their opinion whereas propayware people are free to express their opinion how they want. How very convenient.:rolleyes:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 68 58.1%