The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

when you use the old driver rig from the Audi as basis and realise just how much lower the Lotus is :D (and again a shout out to Stereo's driver rig and exporter)
chLuJTX.jpg

geiZHkS.jpg

Last edited:
Its Coming ...... modelled pretty much everything, am happy with the performance up to now, pretty sure the layout is set, ignore the wide field of view (Flattens out the elevation changes) tested loaads in VR they are really there, its so much fun. wont be long. just gotta populate and 30s crowds are a headache. physics mesh is work in progress, am happy with the larger bumps and jolts. just gotta work on the the subtle stuff, soon guys

Jim, I am so excited about this circuit ! I love old tracks and find them much more of a challenge than modern tracks (both in the driving and the modelling of them). Your Donington is looking great already; really atmospheric, and I can almost feel the undulations watching your vid. I can't wait to start adding the trees to my Feldbergring track, now I have watched your video.

Keep us updated with your progress - really looking forward to the release of this one :thumbsup:

Its Coming ...... modelled pretty much everything, am happy with the performance up to now, pretty sure the layout is set, ignore the wide field of view (Flattens out the elevation changes) tested loaads in VR they are really there, its so much fun. wont be long. just gotta populate and 30s crowds are a headache. physics mesh is work in progress, am happy with the larger bumps and jolts. just gotta work on the the subtle stuff, soon guys

Depending on how you UV mapped the terrain you should try to bake in some AO under those trees. It will make the wooded area look much more natural. Looks great thus far though!

EDIT: Oh and it looks like the trees are X trees instead of Y trees. Y works best.

How do you get on adding 3D grass to those areas though? I came up against that problem on my Deutschlandring track (and will again on my Feldbergring track too) - when you add an AO effect to the terrain the 3D grass no longer matches / blends. You either have to forego the shadows, or have a range of 3D grass with various tones and position them meticulously :(

How do you get on adding 3D grass to those areas though? I came up against that problem on my Deutschlandring track (and will again on my Feldbergring track too) - when you add an AO effect to the terrain the 3D grass no longer matches / blends. You either have to forego the shadows, or have a range of 3D grass with various tones and position them meticulously :(
Forgot about 3D grass honestly. Maybe you could have a plane float just over the 3D grass to create AO. Sort of like the horizontal planes for the tree shadow for some AO.

Awesome, simply awesome both tracks.
After watching all this terrible motorsport news last days, it shows one strange fact: May FIA and manifacturers fool around in real motorsports - here is the place and the poeple who do it better in AC.:thumbsup:

Crazy fact .. sim racing regains something in motorsports, that seems to get more and more lost in real motorsports in our times: the pure thrill made out of power, sound, danger and speed.

By the way ... someone planning to mod an Auto Union Type C? I think 16 cylinders, supercharged in combination with old times tyres, breaks and steering would be fun on the historic tracks...:whistling:

Last edited:
3d grass uses a overall color/brightness map, I think it uses world coordinates? Should be possible to replicate in your 3d editor and bake onto.

3d grass uses a overall color/brightness map, I think it uses world coordinates? Should be possible to replicate in your 3d editor and bake onto.
It uses a variation file that may be able to be utilized to do this but I am not sure. It would be highly dependent on how the terrain is mapped.

By the way ... someone planning to mod an Auto Union Type C? I think 16 cylinders, suoercharged in combination with old times tyres, breaks and steering would be fun on the historic tracks...:whistling:
The local museum still has the Awtowelo, a unique Auto Union variant build for Stalin...but it's a car that would require photogrammetry to get it somewhat right. And I'd have no idea how to do physics for a car like that.

Jim, I am so excited about this circuit ! I love old tracks and find them much more of a challenge than modern tracks (both in the driving and the modelling of them). Your Donington is looking great already; really atmospheric, and I can almost feel the undulations watching your vid. I can't wait to start adding the trees to my Feldbergring track, now I have watched your video.

Keep us updated with your progress - really looking forward to the release of this one :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy. More fuel to keep going

The local museum still has the Awtowelo, a unique Auto Union variant build for Stalin...but it's a car that would require photogrammetry to get it somewhat right. And I'd have no idea how to do physics for a car like that.

There is one gifted 1937 in Munich (Deutsches Museum) which was a cut model. It was reassembeld 1979. The Horch Museum has made a copy(without an engine), they must have something for the model. But for the physiscs... there will be only Audi i fear, they are running, for example, in Goodwood with those machines(the replicas made in england).

There is one gifted 1937 in Munich (Deutsches Museum) which was a cut model. It was reassembeld 1979. The Horch Museum has made a copy(without an engine), they must have something for the model. But for the physiscs... there will be only Audi i fear, they are running, for example, in Goodwood with those machines(the replicas made in england).
I stood next to 1 of those at FOS as they fired it up and revved it a bit, pure madness, it was so loud you could feel the sound in your vocal cords and I assume they run on tear gas or something, made my eyes and nose water like crazy!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back