The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

nSwlXgp.gif

(yes I know that exhaust flame is in the wrong location and looks terrible :roflmao:)

Your F1000 is ridiculously good fun to drive! Traction is stunning, acceleration is rapid but believable (even with the ERS) and the detail (even at this early stage) is awesome - I love the air brake :) And the sounds!!

The only thing that still catches me out is under steer at low speeds (hairpins, especially). Great work though, and really enjoying watching your progress :)

Your F1000 is ridiculously good fun to drive! Traction is stunning, acceleration is rapid but believable (even with the ERS) and the detail (even at this early stage) is awesome - I love the air brake :) And the sounds!!

The only thing that still catches me out is under steer at low speeds (hairpins, especially). Great work though, and really enjoying watching your progress :)

Yeah, its actually a lot better than it was a few days ago with that low speed understeer, but its still not ideal.

Also sounds are just from the F138... only engine that revs above 14k that I had access too :p Hoping for some screaming bike engine sounds in the future!
---

EusREoMh.jpg

Bit of a cross section :D

fOeDL9vh.jpg

Last edited:
In case anyone wanted to see how it all is packaged - got a (albeit tiny, 30L) fuel tank (in blue) and energy store (pink) packaged just around the driver. You can see there should be sufficient cooling, two massive radiators (green), and then the massive air intake (purple) for the engine.

XJuBXwyh.jpg

HbCbpJrh.jpg

And yes there is pretty much no luggage space :p

Last edited:
Looks like rather good design @garyjpaterson, except that there is no space for luggage, as you pointed out. And a passenger. But nobody needs passengers lol

I've just received a lot of photos from @Flat-twin of this car (and XJ13 too). Those photos will be huge help when I'll be focusing on this beauty.

Maybe not exactly what I should do right now, but whatever :D Few more images here>> http://imgur.com/a/qJaHu. I like to do a lot of pics from a lot of angles, helps to find ways to improve.
nF9x1CN.jpg
dFHHEic.jpg

It should be fun car, something between, look how it (real one) moves:

Looks like rather good design @garyjpaterson, except that there is no space for luggage, as you pointed out. And a passenger. But nobody needs passengers lol

I've just received a lot of photos from @Flat-twin of this car (and XJ13 too). Those photos will be huge help when I'll be focusing on this beauty.

Maybe not exactly what I should do right now, but whatever :D Few more images here>> http://imgur.com/a/qJaHu. I like to do a lot of pics from a lot of angles, helps to find ways to improve.
nF9x1CN.jpg
dFHHEic.jpg

It should be fun car, something between, look how it (real one) moves:

And as if the Jag wasn't beautiful enough ... :confused: looks mega.

In case anyone wanted to see how it all is packaged - got a (albeit tiny, 30L) fuel tank (in blue) and energy store (pink) packaged just around the driver. You can see there should be sufficient cooling, two massive radiators (green), and then the massive air intake (purple) for the engine.

XJuBXwyh.jpg

HbCbpJrh.jpg

And yes there is pretty much no luggage space :p

I can live without luggage space as long as there's a cup holder. I need my coffee!

That's a surprise, thought that mod had been abandoned. I always liked it but had problems with it when handing it to the AI. Retiring after half a lap, no sound (on that full out race version, guess GUIDs weren't right yet). Still hope this may end in a future DLC.... a "Best of Modding" DLC would be a great thing, especially for the consoleros.

btw @aphidgod you are really busy, I won't bother you with KRB stuff for a while (it's fine the way it is atm, and I haven't been able to work on it or do anything AC much at all lately except of foruming :p

Oh snap, I forgot about the KRB car. :unsure:

It's no bother. All of those projects are in the "couple more things" stage so it's not really as bad as it looks. I think the Audi needs some new v10 GT3 tires - if they're indeed 1-2 sec slower than the v7s, it should put the car's pace in a really good spot.

I'll be sure to have a look at the AI files. I've only worked on the base model for now, which includes AI tweaking.

Lidar data is so freakin cool. I can't imagine what it would be like to have high res LS data.

First build of NJMP Lightning course. This is maybe 1.5 hours to lay this out after I got all the data in blender. No scaling or guesswork. Just line up the spline with the data and set the camber and done.
It is so cool to be able to virtually drive a course you have actually been on. I have to say I understand why people request their local tracks now.

That texture work, yummeeeh! Looks real.

Managed to squeeze in two small-ish luggage compartments - but you can forgot your golf club comparisons cos there's no chance in hell they'll fit :laugh: They might get a bit cosy too, being right above the engine compartment.

xkci8ONh.jpg

HoW0hr9h.jpg

Also tidied up my suspension - wishbones, push/pullrods etc. - so will hopefully begin animating them tomorrow, always an exciting part :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.