The W.I.P Thread

Never ever aim to please anyone but yourself. If you are happy with what you have done....that's enough. Comments or ratings in a positive way are of course nice, in a negative way as far as you should be concerned.....just simply water off a ducks back.

Personally speaking if I am 100% happy with what I have done, and think it may be of some value....up it goes for download. If people like it too....all is well, if people have an opinion on why they don't like it....fair enough also. What I do not like, never have, never will is the ability to hit dislike or disagree without having to leave a reason why. This serves no purpose at all, doesn't help the modder or the general community.

exemple: ML2166 can rate badly a car skin who made really poorly but ML2166 wont rate sound part of the game because he didnt really know how its work, but can post hes negative comment
You just saw his post, and decided to put it :p Anyway I agree on both of your opinions. Some people don't apprechiate the hard work it seems

Calm down, post your opinion its ok, even if its negative, but badly rating a work when you did really know how to mod a part of the mod its uploaded.... its wrong.

exemple: ML2166 can rate badly a car skin who made really poorly but ML2166 wont rate sound part of the game because he didnt really know how its work, but can post hes negative comment

Trust me I know how the sound files work, same as database and ctf files etc etc.....I don't just mod them as they do not interest me 1%.

You can't just come here and say these are stupid ratings and comments when people share their honest opinion with you ... (which you usually ask for)
If you can't stand anything else beside 5* ratings and super awesome nice comments, you may should stop modding.
I have released 120 mods , I have over 100 personal mod that I love but do not share , my ultimate realizm mod ,
about 1 hour before it went to #2 all time mod on rd , hawian man , left a 1 star rating saying is this a joke I can not hear the mod over the music ?
I was going to complain but did not bother , he then went down and left a 1 star rating on about 15 of my mods without anyone bothering ,
My personal opinions then changed to what I should and should not release ,
I have a 2014 Ultimate realizm mod on my PC
I created this over the last 4 months its a 5gb mod , it has
every single track in max res with all textures , all the 2014 cars that I created but most are not that accurate but ok for my projects , all my hd wheels , new tires reworked better than before all my audio mods updated cameras all car ,
and too many things I can not remember ,
I have shared with 2 people my 5gb mod , and they enjoy it , making mods is not about being popular for me or neither anything else ,
I enjoy expressing myself when creating what I consider artwork ,
I could share but what is the point , I might just stop uploading altogether makes no difference at all to me ,
I would still be happy making work for myself and individual people even if only ever 3 people saw it and enjoyed it that is totally fine by me :thumbsup:

I have released 120 mods , I have over 100 personal mod that I love but do not share , my ultimate realizm mod ,
about 1 hour before it went to #2 all time mod on rd , hawian man , left a 1 star rating saying is this a joke I can not hear the mod over the music ?
I was going to complain but did not bother , he then went down and left a 1 star rating on about 15 of my mods without anyone bothering ,
My personal opinions then changed to what I should and should not release ,
I have a 2014 Ultimate realizm mod on my PC
I created this over the last 4 months its a 5gb mod , it has
every single track in max res with all textures , all the 2014 cars that I created but most are not that accurate but ok for my projects , all my hd wheels , new tires reworked better than before all my audio mods updated cameras all car ,
and too many things I can not remember ,
I have shared with 2 people my 5gb mod , and they enjoy it , making mods is not about being popular for me or neither anything else ,
I enjoy expressing myself when creating what I consider artwork ,
I could share but what is the point , I might just stop uploading altogether makes no difference at all to me ,
I would still be happy making work for myself and individual people even if only ever 3 people saw it and enjoyed it that is totally fine by me :thumbsup:
Just because of some trolls like hawaian guy, we can't see your mods? Why should we guys, who apprechiate ur effort pay the price because of some trolls?
If ML stopps modding I might just shoot myself in the head lol. Seriously without him skinning would be nowhere. Also chargincar is one kind of modder whose retirement would have a big negative effect on modding.
Agree

Doubt it would have been No2 all time, there was some pretty **** hot mods on the old style RD website, before you was even here. But I get your gist.

I have had 1* 2* ratings also, your or my work or anyones work for that matter will never be a 5* rating all the time. Some of my stuff hasn't been that good, some has, I accept the various ratings as people will see things differently to other people. Way life is.

But just because you release a mod, doesn't mean you should be worthy of a 5* rating.....it might actually be shite!!

As I said, if you are happy....good.....if others aren't.....meh.

If ML stopps modding I might just shoot myself in the head lol. Seriously without him skinning would be nowhere. Also chargincar is one kind of modder whose retirement would have a big negative effect on modding.
I just wish that they would remove more than half the rating things ,
I like how ac do it its just simple , but uses the same software from the same company ,
All ratings should have to be at least commented on ,
All I want to know is how I went wrong and where to improve , I do not need to know that the last mouthful had a bone in it or left a bad taste in your mouth ,
Yes 99% of people are great and appreciate things 1% is awesome to me ,
Reworking skins in DHD is fine but very boring I like to have more of a challenge , reworking a DHD skin on another car is 100 times more difficult to achieve ,
2013 game is dead , the audio manger is garbage compared to 2012 only now 1% of settings 2012 had a nicer setup ,
I think now that f1 is hard to mod ,
when 2014 comes out I will just make DHD standard boring skin and get respected more maybe and just not make anything else

Doubt it would have been No2 all time, there was some pretty **** hot mods on the old style RD website, before you was even here. But I get your gist.

I have had 1* 2* ratings also, your or my work or anyones work for that matter will never be a 5* rating all the time. Some of my stuff hasn't been that good, some has, I accept the various ratings as people will see things differently to other people. Way life is.

But just because you release a mod, doesn't mean you should be worthy of a 5* rating.....it might actually be shite!!

people just like DHD skins m8 ,
anything that takes time they do not understand , I only upload things people understand from now on :thumbsup:

Thinking about doing a professional 3d course for 3 years and just creating my own things , for my own projects ,
you have really helped me understand a lot about certain things and I really appreciate your help and support over the last year or so ,
If anything at all my experience is still good overhaul as I have learned many new things and techniques ,
I only create things to learn about it and take it all onboard ,
now I get bored doing the same things , I still do not know all there is about 1 subject but know a little about everything on all subjects ,
So now like 3d modelling I want to create a personal game for myself at least with 1 car and 1 track and do everything myself , that is all I want in life when it comes to modding :thumbsup:

people just like DHD skins m8 ,
anything that takes time they do not understand , I only upload things people understand from now on :thumbsup:

You know, everbody can register here for free, rate and comment.
There are quite a lot (too) young people there, too.
And they cant understand your work, of course. We had it in 2012, were people were askind nearly every minute in the F1 2006 mod: When it will be released, we want it now, we want it now. They dont know how much time is in it.

There are always people like that. We are here... in the interenet. Nearly everyone can come to this site.

---

But here on RD are also people who really appreciate hard work, how much time is invested and so on.
If you have done something for yourself, it still would be great to share it for the few people on here who understand it.
But... That is your decision. You have to decide what you want to do with your stuff.

And i also think: The rating system shold be... Updated, so you cant just rate without commenting.

You are doing good stuff, i still have no idea how to edit sounds.
Im impressed.
I still dont know how to... make decent skins in f1 2013... (Yes, there are not really possible...) Still: aagancia did two nice skins for it. I was impressed aswell.

Tbh... I dont often rate or comment under the mods. Maybe i should do that. To give the people who are doing it... More feedback. More motivation.
Because most of the time just the idiots are rating and commenting (without feedback). Which is a shame.

If you find it boring.......just don't do it.....simples!

And saying that people don't understand certain things, and that you'll stick to the boring DHD skins to gain some kind of recognition, well that won't gain you many friends.....kind of condescending a wee bit.

What I do is enough for me with the spare time that I have, what I could do is very different, but I just don't have the amount of time that you appear to have as you seem to spend so much time on everything you do. Me I do not have that luxury. Might be boring to you perhaps, but it's what I can and enjoy doing.

Yes I do recognise a sly dig when I see it.

I just wish that they would remove more than half the rating things ,
I like how ac do it its just simple , but uses the same software from the same company ,
All ratings should have to be at least commented on ,
All I want to know is how I went wrong and where to improve , I do not need to know that the last mouthful had a bone in it or left a bad taste in your mouth ,
Yes 99% of people are great and appreciate things 1% is awesome to me ,
Reworking skins in DHD is fine but very boring I like to have more of a challenge , reworking a DHD skin on another car is 100 times more difficult to achieve ,
2013 game is dead , the audio manger is garbage compared to 2012 only now 1% of settings 2012 had a nicer setup ,
I think now that f1 is hard to mod ,
when 2014 comes out I will just make DHD standard boring skin and get respected more maybe and just not make anything else
I know. Reworking a standard skin to DHD is hella boring. I almost fell asleep when I was working with the ferrari and Sauber. I'm currently doing a DHD C33 and see what I can accomplish for this game.

Agree about the second part. Making a DHD skin to an older model which has completely different paint is hard. I want to make the c33 for the 2012 game too because that's much more challange. I also did some 2003 skins for the 2012 game and I can really say that I enjoyed doing them.
Learning every little part of the model and figuring out how to make the stripes line up correctly to the parts are really enjoyable.

I know. Reworking a standard skin to DHD is hella boring. I almost fell asleep when I was working with the ferrari and Sauber. I'm currently doing a DHD C33 and see what I can accomplish for this game.

Agree about the second part. Making a DHD skin to an older model which has completely different paint is hard. I want to make the c33 for the 2012 game too because that's much more challange. I also did some 2003 skins for the 2012 game and I can really say that I enjoyed doing them.
Learning every little part of the model and figuring out how to make the stripes line up correctly to the parts are really enjoyable.
That is the best creative part ,
working out the lines and everything , standard DHD skins are the most popular and the easiest thing to possibly make ,
I might just upload them in 2014 game ,
Apart from me making other types of mods I can only work with what the game as to offer , people do not realize with the audio that you can not edit the files just the settings ,
so rather than just listening to complaining would rather not have the hassle of uploading ,
my mod 5gb , rd limit 300mb , so would either have to split into about 7-8 files then explain how to repackage everything a nightmare m8 ,
Just wish that I could upload just the one file , I planned on making my 2014 mod the entire game just replace my folder with yours and swap the database , but that would only work for people with the full game like myself I think ,
I have never upto now done a DHD rework of a standard skin I do believe ,
I have some kind of mental block that does not allow me to even start one :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.