The W.I.P Thread

w90v.png

:sneaky:

Looks like you didn't give up on the models :).Hopefulyl this will go the same for the cars too.I just looked with pssg editor in the car's livery and the first thing i noticed is that the parts are much larger in the texture file, meaning that you can't skin so many little parts like in the last game but i can be wrong too. It looks like CM finally used far better resolution logos for the textures so they don't look that crap like last year's.

@w1n1x the reason the parts look larger is that only half of them are there.

With the textures this year CM's are relying on a lot of mirroring of single parts.....a bit like the single glove idea within the helmet texture from 2012.

This will in itself make custom skins very difficult to do becaus if you need to put a logo on a certain part of the body that doesn't have the coding attactched to mirror correctly it will be the wrong way round in game.

Take the Richard Mille logo on the front nose of the Lotus for example. If you place it on the texture it gets reversed wrong way round in game, so it cannot be put on the car.

This mirroring that CM's has adopted for textures this year, will make things very difficult, and I think this is also the reason the textures are not applying to the models correctly too.

@w1n1x the reason the parts look larger is that only half of them are there.

With the textures this year CM's are relying on a lot of mirroring of single parts.....a bit like the single glove idea within the helmet texture from 2012.

This will in itself make custom skins very difficult to do becaus if you need to put a logo on a certain part of the body that doesn't have the coding attactched to mirror correctly it will be the wrong way round in game.

Take the Richard Mille logo on the front nose of the Lotus for example. If you place it on the texture it gets reversed wrong way round in game, so it cannot be put on the car.

This mirroring that CM's has adopted for textures this year, will make things very difficult, and I think this is also the reason the textures are not applying to the models correctly too.
So basically unlike last year's texture there are only 1 of each logo in the texture file meaning that they will be mirrored? That makes modding harder yes but still not impossible. It will take lot of practice to get used to that .

No the single of everything idea doesn't make the modding harder, providing you copy the stock texture exactly.....the problem is what happens when you need to place a logo on the car in a certain place and then it gets mirrored the wrong way round on the other side.....that makes it 100% impossible to skin a car correctly.......unless you are happy driving around with reversed logos on one side of the car.....like people did with the gloves in 2012.

No the single of everything idea doesn't make the modding harder, providing you copy the stock texture exactly.....the problem is what happens when you need to place a logo on the car in a certain place and then it gets mirrored the wrong way round on the other side.....that makes it 100% impossible to skin a car correctly.......unless you are happy driving around with reversed logos on one side of the car.....like people did with the gloves in 2012.
Agree.I meant placing another logo over the default one which is not problem.I was wondering about what would happen if i would place it on a place i want like you said.It makes things harder, but we will just have to get used to the new textures :) that's all. getting used to each part of a car texture makes it better.

I have already done a DHD version of the Lotus.....I wanted to see if....
(A) it would run in game okay.....yes is the answer
(B) see if I could do a skin like for instance Daft Punk Monaco.......not possible is the answer.

I couldn't even find the black side parts of the rear wing!!

Modding the skins will be very limited....almost bordering on not being worth it!

Wow a lot of thing happen when i was sleeping, i will buy later this day so i will know more on everything you said.

So if i've understand, every car skin are in half so they will be mirrored? Or juste some car and part like McLaren rear wing on 2011 game?

Wow a lot of thing happen when i was sleeping, i will buy later this day so i will know more on everything you said.

So if i've understand, every car skin are in half so they will be mirrored? Or juste some car and part like McLaren rear wing on 2011 game?

This is the original template for the Lotus....look how many single logos are on here that would be mirrored......makes doing something different very difficult.

1llg.jpg

Wait, surely something is something else, i cant figure out with least part like that can make in the game everything on place
No that is the full texture.

Just parts of it have coding in place to mirror it on the same part of the car from the left to the right part.

But I have had an idea.....not sure if it will work but I am going to give it a try.

Basically remove all the parts of the model that do not have a reversed part assigned from the texture to see if the texture will then line up correctly on the model with the missing body parts. If it does then I will just make a copy of the parts left to replace the ones I had taken away to re-create a full model for skinning.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%