The W.I.P Thread

on the specocc file, when you open Photoshop, you should see the channels tab (I hope). And in there is "green", so green channel

that's how you make specocc files, how did you make them for other cars?

whole specocc is example blue. i tried than this too but its was not good. or you didn't see track, or to dark. toro rosso speccocc is so tricky, white is a bad colour for it..
2015-02-26_00001.jpg
this is the whole white specocc you don't see the track :p

Nice, nice. Happy to see people still putting effort into this game ^__^

Am thinking currently of fixing all Team Box Entries (as CM screwed them up for many tracks, it's annoying to see your car full braking and shaking being pushed into the pit due the wrong box coordinates being assigned) and maybe based on that work on a manual pit stop mod for 2013, too.

Nice, nice. Happy to see people still putting effort into this game ^__^

Am thinking currently of fixing all Team Box Entries (as CM screwed them up for many tracks, it's annoying to see your car full braking and shaking being pushed into the pit due the wrong box coordinates being assigned) and maybe based on that work on a manual pit stop mod for 2013, too.
Would you mind making that telemetry application that showed throttle, brake etc. that was created for F1 2012? I can't find any working version.

Oh boy, I think now I know why there was this big flipping issue, player_box_entrance is actually not what it sounds like, the player uses ai_box_entrance the same way, the AI does ...
No wonder it has playeronly=true, but when I make it to false, the AI does no stop ...

So fixing all those wrong entrances means to touch more than I thought, so it's almost the same work as creating the manual pit stop itself ... meh, codemasters learn to code.

E: So after a few more test I can say: player_box_entrance is utterly useless and not used at all.
Codemasters, seriously. You have two parameters just to not divide AI from player?

Last edited:
Oh man, why 2013 doesn't work like I want it to? I wanted to avoid using raceload.jpk for manual pit stop as I found out the game recognizes LimiterOn_numberoftheteamgarage. Though for some teams it's not working, like with Lotus.

2015-04-11_00009.jpg

And LimiterOff actually never works for a team's specific setting. And as fixing all the box entrance scenes would actually mean recreating them in AutoCAD and adjusting each of them for each circuit per hand ... I think I will abandon that project even before it started because I never had the intention of starting a project that runs over weeks and weeks and maybe months.

Hoped it would go easier. Well, the box fix would in one way but then the car would turn 90° right before the crew and that looks totally unrealistic and weird.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.