The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Sounds about like mine, apart from the slightly better graphics card lol. Just so you know, I'm able to run my CPU at 4 Ghz with no issues, was at 4.3 Ghz, but after moving my computer to my room I found it was getting too hot for its own good so I pulled it back. Can't wait to see pictures of your new computer though! I've been thinking about getting a second monitor, just been lazy.

Yeah me too :D It's going to be a big step up from my Celeron E3200 @ 2.4Ghz, 2Gb ram, GT210 512mb.. :p Can't wait, just disappointed that I wont have it for another week and a half. But I may upgrade a part to something better or just get the external HDD I need. And yeah I've heard it runs well at 4.0Ghz+.

What size is your current monitor btw?

Yeah me too :D It's going to be a big step up from my Celeron E3200 @ 2.4Ghz, 2Gb ram, GT210 512mb.. :p Can't wait, just disappointed that I wont have it for another week and a half. But I may upgrade a part to something better or just get the external HDD I need. And yeah I've heard it runs well at 4.0Ghz+.

What size is your current monitor btw?
Its just a 20" monitor. Would love to go dual at some point (also would love to do dual SLI gfx cards eventually)

Yeah for a 20" you either want to upgrade to something bigger or add another.. I'm the same (19"). Was considering getting a decent TV that I can use my xbox and PC on.

Yeah for a 20" you either want to upgrade to something bigger or add another.. I'm the same (19"). Was considering getting a decent TV that I can use my xbox and PC on.
well when I built my desk I sized the hutch to be able to fit 2 20" monitors, with a bit of extra room. I could of made the hutch the same width as the desk itself, but that would of cost me more money, and I would of had more wasted materials (I barely wasted anything building my desk, off cuts were turned into bracing for it)

so Simraceway had their Bentley 4.5l Blower for a free "test drive" and i just drove a couple laps in it and made a mental note, should really write it down though, of what is different, about it, in comparison to mine, and more crucially what is wrong with mine currently, watching some videos on You Tube more or less confirms what specs need to be adjusted to more proper settings. Not sure what doofus there set up the engine, but its wrong, totally; while mine is right.

Boomer... before you say it.. yes... looks like the admins have been playing again! :p
and they removed a feature that shouldn't be removed, can't remember the exact name off the top of my head, but there's no real way to click back to the Racer forum if you're already in a sub forum (Racer cars for example).

...i wonder how many times we have to "accept" this changes....i can't understand why it's needed to change it all the time....
Öhm...btw Scott can you ask the devs if they can implement the on/off switch for facebook and others? The code is pretty simple and it's already exsist a template with a free to use licens....look here: http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/2-Klicks-fuer-mehr-Datenschutz-1333879.html
and here: http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/

...it's all for free and gives us the choise to give ouer private data to google or fb for free (to earn money with it!) or NOT!

THX
Alex

...i wonder how many times we have to "accept" this changes....i can't understand why it's needed to change it all the time....
Öhm...btw Scott can you ask the devs if they can implement the on/off switch for facebook and others? The code is pretty simple and it's already exsist a template with a free to use licens....look here: http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/2-Klicks-fuer-mehr-Datenschutz-1333879.html
and here: http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/

...it's all for free and gives us the choise to give ouer private data to google or fb for free (to earn money with it!) or NOT!

THX
Alex

Can't you already choose to associate your account with FB or not here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/account/facebook ?

Also, just looked at the changelog for the updates:

• As expected the custom theme I made for the forums that matched our frontpage (which is another software) is broken and needs to be fixed or redone completely (i think the latter is best but takes some days to build from scratch)

Looks like this is just temporary :)

Can't you already choose to associate your account with FB or not here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/account/facebook ?
Scott, in witch world do you live? :rolleyes:
This is NOT the same! :devilish:
At the moment you enter a site with a fb button, like or log in or what else, google and fb grab data from YOU! :poop:
You need no fb acc or any thing else, they grab your data!
But if you can switch fb...etc.. ON or Off they grab NO data!! :D
Look for the example:
fb_on-off.jpg

...now you understand the difference?

Last edited:
Scott, in witch world do you live? :rolleyes:
This is NOT the same! :devilish:
At the moment you enter a site with a fb button, like or log in or what else, google and fb grab data from YOU! :poop:
You need no fb acc or any thing else, they grab your data!
But if you can switch fb...etc.. ON or Off they grab NO data!! :D
Look for the example:
fb_on-off.jpg

...now you anderstand the difference?

Not really but I'll forward this on to Bram and hopefully he'll understand :p

Got reply from Bram,

"Apart from upgrading the software to version 1.2 and adding responsiveness for mobile phone and tablet support nothing has changed.

Facebook is a default feature of the forum and you don't need it at all if you just login in the traditional way with username + password."

He said the same as I did, if you don't want FB collecting your data just don't sign in to the FB integration.

Information and feedback on the update here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/forum-upgraded-to-v1-2.72824/

Yes, the oragutans in the back room have been playing, I've just been patient waitng for them to finish.

Clicking the left arrow in the upper left of my screen using MSIE8 it works fine.

What browser are you using Harey?
oh yeah I could use the back/forward arrows on the browser but I was talking about something they already fixed it looks like.

Just above the thread title you'll notice " News Forums > Driving & Racing Games > Racer" that wasn't there last night, and was what I was talking about.

oh yeah I could use the back/forward arrows on the browser but I was talking about something they already fixed it looks like.

Just above the thread title you'll notice " News Forums > Driving & Racing Games > Racer" that wasn't there last night, and was what I was talking about.

Haha yeah I saw that earlier and thought "he must need glasses.." :p Can't wait to get the custom theme again, this one is making my eyes sore.

Good news! I just spent lots of monies on that computing dream machine I mentioned last week. Can't wait to have a computer that doesn't crash when you download things.. or turn it on... or touch it.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 102 70.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 29 20.1%