The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Saving the technical info makes it easier to work with it offline and there aren't a lot of pages that I save.
As far as bandwidth is concernd it takes les time to save a page than to open it which means I'm saving it from my cache.

When the problem came up there were a lot of changes going on with the forum software so when the guys in the back room are finished fiddling around all should be good.

We haven't changed anything in the back room. And saving pages is just really a waste of bandwidth as you are not just saving the text but everything displayed (and the stuff that you can visually see).

I really hope we have passed the dial-up connection era :D

Or the forums that disappear and lose all our valuable posts from over the years :D ;)

All my many many many long long long posts that I invested hours in whinging, I mean writing, lost forever on High Gear, RSC etc... ;)

Dave

Or the forums that disappear and lose all our valuable posts from over the years :D ;)

All my many many many long long long posts that I invested hours in whinging, I mean writing, lost forever on High Gear, RSC etc... ;)

Dave

Actually if you ask Boomer he might have a collection of your whinging, I mean writing :p

I think I have found the problem. The pages don't like to be saved in the .mht format but can be saved in the .hml/html format.

As the pages are stored in my cache I tried saving the stored .hml page in the mht format and it wouldn't save.

Like I've said, there is something wrong with the forum that would let me save in .mht format but doesn't now.

Problem solved!

oh...next site is gone....:cry:
...iroker.com...
bnnl8jlv.jpg

I've just updated my nvidia drivers (320.49) and now the "red bug" is back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I've got one worse then that even, now it seems the driver occasionally crashes itself with the newest version, and sometimes doesn't recover, but it only happens when I'm using firefox, and scrolling sometimes. Still have the red bug though.

I've got one worse then that even, now it seems the driver occasionally crashes itself with the newest version, and sometimes doesn't recover, but it only happens when I'm using firefox, and scrolling sometimes. Still have the red bug though.
Hum with 306.XX drivers i think i had this problem once, was on youtube (with firefox) then the computer frooze, and i had the blue screen crash (i still use XP :D)
Btw i think it's from my nvidia audio drivers too but when i listen a music sometimes i've few (not more than 2) seconds jump, like 0:30->0:32 lol

I have an nVidia GTX560 TI running nVidia driver 360.18 and had red tint which was eliminated with an adjustment to the exposure factor TOD curve.

Of course there are problems with the TOD curves in ver 090 RC6, but no red tint(bug).

Just thought it might help.

So after 4-5 times of trying to buy my new computer.. I give up. Transaction declined every time, yet I know I have enough money because I checked an hour before... Guess my bank would prefer me not to spend it.:thumbsdown:

Have you tried buying the more expensive components individually?
Or better yet I might suggest asking your bank what is wrong.

I think I might know why now... will just have to wait a few (working) days (which sucks). Anyhow.. the basic spec is Intel i5 3570K, 8Gb ram, GTX650Ti.. although that might change on next week's payday... :p

I think I might know why now... will just have to wait a few (working) days (which sucks). Anyhow.. the basic spec is Intel i5 3570K, 8Gb ram, GTX650Ti.. although that might change on next week's payday... :p
Sounds about like mine, apart from the slightly better graphics card lol. Just so you know, I'm able to run my CPU at 4 Ghz with no issues, was at 4.3 Ghz, but after moving my computer to my room I found it was getting too hot for its own good so I pulled it back. Can't wait to see pictures of your new computer though! I've been thinking about getting a second monitor, just been lazy.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 154 65.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 105 44.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 111 47.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 65 27.8%
Back