The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Meditative and relaxing...

Today I remembered why I started to do modeling.. for the greater part of
the day I have been doing simple stuff, like snap-to-vertice, moving surfaces,
and just basically playing around.. and it is so peaceful and tranquil. Days like
this don't come often, so I intend to enjoy it to the full. Indeed. :)

well my wheels are starting to act up, just today had to swap the handbrake and clutch pedal around (yes my handbrake is a foot pedal right now). because the clutch worked great 1 time. so I'm starting to look into a new wheel, kind of leaning towards a Fanatec GT3 RS wheel with the standard pedals and the shifter set. I'm kind of also looking at the G27, but to me its only real good things is the shifter, and price. (the fanatec setup I'm looking at is 280$ without shipping, G27 is 200$ without shipping)

I really want to get the GT3 RS wheel with the clubsport pedals and the shifter set, but that was like 360$, which I don't feel like is entirely worth it, though I'd get some nice fully aluminum adjustable pedals. Now you see my problem, I want a good wheel that has the 6+1 gear shifter and gas brake and clutch pedals.

Getting a G25 is my plan, assuming they're still around when I have the money for it!

Currently, I plan to buy a new guitar, so no money for controllers :( Badly needed though.. I'm playing guitar for a production of We Will Rock You in my school, I gotta have a good guitar for that!

Buy an used G25! Some are in prestine condition!

I made an hell of a deal with a Momo Logitech a few months ago. 60US$ and it even smells new! eheh
want to make a hell of a deal with two more? lol

not being serious... yet... but the only reason I'm really looking into the Fanatec wheel is because its belt driven (as opposed to gear driven) so it should be smoother and quieter which I would like. and its my money I spent it how I want, but the new controller won't happen yet, just bought a new mp3 player, that I needed comes in handy at work for sure. for those wondering what I bought its a Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 gb model in black.

Fanatec wheel is because its belt driven (as opposed to gear driven) so it should be smoother and quieter which I would like.

What really bugs me on my wheel is that while I'm driving, it gets decentered and the "straight forward" in the game is like 10º to the right or left on the wheel. But I think that it's sometihng like dust in the sensor...

What really bugs me on my wheel is that while I'm driving, it gets decentered and the "straight forward" in the game is like 10º to the right or left on the wheel. But I think that it's sometihng like dust in the sensor...
oh yeah thats happened to me, annoying as crap really, especially when your trying to do a fast lap time. my fix was to pause and turn full lock left and right... then it would happen with in a few minutes again, argh. but its a cheap wheel, what do you expect? lol

Yeah I already got the patch, it does work, which is good.

and last night i very narrowly escaped a tragedy. browsing the internet minding my own business goto download something from another site java starts to open (thats when I was like wtf?) then my browser shuts down, and microsoft security essentials pops up saying i have a virus, now I don't have microsoft security essentials so I knew that was a virus, so quickly started up a scan with McAfee, and a scan with Malware Anti-Bytes. Then I disconnected the internet, let them run over night (McAfee is still running the scan). they have found and killed stuff.

Lol, that was lucky.

I once got a virus on my old dell, it helped to slowly kill it basically. I eventually stopped it using like 6 different pieces of software. I couldn't get rid of it though, it was everywhere, but I stopped it from doing anything, so it was alright.

At the moment I use MSE and PC Tools Spyware Doctor, seems to keep things safe :)

Lol, that was lucky.

At the moment I use MSE and PC Tools Spyware Doctor, seems to keep things safe :)
Yeah it was lucky lol. I use McAfee Zonealarm and from time to time scan with Malware. and I'm also behind a router with a firewall. still got like 7 viruses that McAfee and Malware found. :eek:

Any of you seen Motor World Online yet? If you remember MCO then you should be able to work out what it is xD

It's free and there's an alpha release out atm.

Tie up the libertine in a field of feasts,
Keep his brain fuming; Epicurean cooks
Sharpen with cloyless sauce his appetite;
That sleep and feeding may prorogue his honour
Even till a Lethe'd dulness!

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Better structured forum