Cars The Need For Speed

New modding features are all optional and none are gimmicky (like pop-up light aero - though that would be kind of cool). Some of the beta testers seem to have been a bit noisy about it.

The only thing that's objectively wrong with AC in terms of car behavior at the moment is the issue with torque's application on the suspension. This only affects the speed of load transfer under braking (and for most cars, not by that much); actual cornering is correct.

To get back on topic (sorry for derailing but wanted to clarify some things), even current Ferrari race cars are pretty soft relative to others. The 458 Challenge Evo's front end is usually run at a 60k wheel rate, which is nothing for a race car (not to mention its practically nonexistent ARBs). Historically, Ferrari has always been on the softer end of things.

The only thing that's objectively wrong with AC in terms of car behavior at the moment is the issue with torque's application on the suspension. This only affects the speed of load transfer under braking (and for most cars, not by that much); actual cornering is correct.
(OT, sorry) - Might that be the cause of the extreme nose dive (or more specifically the rear lifting up) on this under braking? Could just be that I've got huge travel in the bumpstops at the minute. (edit, smaller bumpstops certainly helps with this, so seems reasonably under control.)

vMPGn0Ah.jpg

5Bulowlh.jpg

Last edited:
Same here, Jason revised the front suspension to keep the nose from diving too much but the handling is still what you'd expect from this car. Some guys think this should handle as a race car, so they complain about their lack of skills, like what happens with any car that's difficult to drive. Note how they don't post in the support thread or here, only worry about bitchin' in the ratings section.

First thing I did before driving the F40 in AC was check out old reviews from that era, the Road and Track review in particular. I did the same thing with the 512TR as well. For me its the only way to get a clue on how these old cars should handle. I found Chris Harris's review of the F40 and more specifically his conversation with Mark Hales extremely informative regarding how difficult the car is to drive at speed.

I suppose some are foolish enough to think the Testarossa should handle like a 458 Italia. :laugh::roflmao:

Might have had the epic Paul Ricard B filter on by accident...disco style. Works magic on the track though.

Natural_mod is pretty cool. How come you don't have any (or at least much less) alaising visible?

Tty3ukC.jpg

lDhCGM6.jpg
That shot of the 512 was with stock settings, it still has some jagged edges here and there.

This is using DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution), as good as it gets:

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_6-8-2017-19-1-43.jpg

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_6-8-2017-19-8-0.jpg

And thanks to that last screenshot found that small bug on the Airbag logo (already fixed)

He maybe painted it?
Talking about painting the Diablo, is there a possibility that we could have a 3D template for the VT? Cheers.:thumbsup:

Hmm I really don't want to see this in a racing livery, different colors are good but it doesn't deserves to be full of racing stickers :roflmao:

Great job so far! I loved the NFS 1 game too. After NFS 2 it became a bit strange feeling and lost it's edge.

The only small thing, is for hood view (the one after outside views), the Ferrari 512TR has the cam off center. Diablo VT is centered well though.

Hmm I really don't want to see this in a racing livery, different colors are good but it doesn't deserves to be full of racing stickers :roflmao:
I confess to have the itch of making a racing skin for the Jota, to mimic the White/blue SE Jota R P.01 that raced in Japan. I haven't seem stuff from Xedrox lately, but he's the perfect artist to make some retro racing skin packs for these cars.

It's not about just throwing "racing stickers" on them. I don't need a 3D template for that.
There's more out there then just racing liveries. The only other 3D template out there that I know of is the Sera, which is a car I'm unfortunately not interested in, so I thought it would be nice to have one for the Diablo, mainly because of the overall quality and accuracy of the model and because I'm learning how to use 3D templates. I very much doubt I would ever release anything I do in public. And even if I would, nobody forces you to download and use them if you don't like them. Just the same as nobody forces you to make the car or release a template.
Edit:
Here's what I mean. All done in 2D. Now does it look good? I think it looks pretty nice. Is it good enough for a public release? Probably not. But I'm having a lot of fun painting it.
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_7_8_2017_12_37_37.jpg

I would still do the majority of my painting in 2D, but having a 3D template allows me to check on how things look without having to close and open things and going into showroom all the time. I just like to paint your car, that's all. Because of the superb quality. When learning something it's nice to learn with good tools. Laters!

Last edited:
It's not about just throwing "racing stickers" on them. I don't need a 3D template for that.
There's more out there then just racing liveries. The only other 3D template out there that I know of is the Sera, which is a car I'm unfortunately not interested in, so I thought it would be nice to have one for the Diablo, mainly because of the overall quality and accuracy of the model and because I'm learning how to use 3D templates. I very much doubt I would ever release anything I do in public. And even if I would, nobody forces you to download and use them if you don't like them. Just the same as nobody forces you to make the car or release a template.

Sorry, didn't mean to come out the wrong way, I was just joking about the fact of painting a street car with racing colors, that's all (without any real racing mods).
The Sera has it's own 3D template for the time attack car, being a full race car (at least on the outside) it deserves to be messed with.

Haha, I was editing when you posted. I know you don't mean to come out the wrong way. Neither do I.:)
One last edit:

I was actually thinking about doing a couple of police liveries for it to stay with the fictional (racing) theme of NFS. And once they are ok, I might release those. Just to give a little something back. But without the 3D template it will take ages.

Last edited:
Haha, I was editing when you posted. I know you don't mean to come out the wrong way. Neither do I.:)
One last edit:

I was actually thinking about doing a couple of police liveries for it to stay with the fictional (racing) theme of NFS. And once they are ok, I might release those. Just to give a little something back. But without the 3D template it will take ages.

Ok, ok, since you asked for it :D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5f5ZhOWxHVBX0RqN2xwd1ZHUGs

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes