Cars The Need For Speed

That IS the VT. Not a Jota. And actually it was and I believe still is being used by the South Korean Police. (Coming Soon™️)
car-photo-1998-lamborghini-diablo-korean-police-car-from-korea.jpg

Well, not exactly the VT, but a standard 95 Diablo. Same as the Gallardo and now Huracan. Still in every day use by the Italians. Mainly for urgent transplant organ delivery.

Well, not exactly the VT, but a standard 95 Diablo. Same as the Gallardo and now Huracan. Still in every day use by the Italians. Mainly for urgent transplant organ delivery.
Man, I wish the transplant team of doctors I see had one of those. Let's go pick ourselves up a pancreas! It's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10. :D

@aphidgod - Are you able to provide any insight into Lamborghini Diablo VT with or without the wing? I know the wing on the Countach was actually terrible for the car at high speeds, but it looked so much cooler. :cool: With the Diablo I would guess the rear wing actually serves a purpose and I'm curious to hear any facts/stats you came across while building this car's innards.

Yep, it's just beautiful that livery. Will take me a while though probably. I really need to learn AI. So I can draw my own vectorized graphics. Anyway, I'm on the right track, not in the least because of the 3D template. Thanks for that again...

I have some experience with illustrator, if you need anything done in vectors, I'll be happy to do it for you :thumbsup:

Man, I wish the transplant team of doctors I see had one of those. Let's go pick ourselves up a pancreas! It's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10. :D

@aphidgod - Are you able to provide any insight into Lamborghini Diablo VT with or without the wing? I know the wing on the Countach was actually terrible for the car at high speeds, but it looked so much cooler. :cool: With the Diablo I would guess the rear wing actually serves a purpose and I'm curious to hear any facts/stats you came across while building this car's innards.

Yeah the Countach suffered front lifting on speed, so downforce in the rear was not desirable. Customers still liked the wing, so the engineers designed one with zero downforce. As the car already had been legally approved without the wing, they actually rolled the cars out of factory to a parking lot and installed the wing there.

That IS the VT. Not a Jota. And actually it was and I believe still is being used by the South Korean Police. (Coming Soon™️)

Well, not exactly a standard Diablo either, that's a Roadster... weird choice for a cop car? :roflmao:

Anyway, about the rear wing, I'm sure Jason will have a more technical explanation but as far as I know, it's useless on the Diablo, only for aesthetics. Just look at the shape, zero downforce. Not on the SE30 though, as it has a different shape and adjustable section.

I have noticed that the rubber trim isn't fully done, you can look through the car, not sure if this was noted yet, it is on both sides btw.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1504905445.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1504905445.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 239
Well, not exactly a standard Diablo either, that's a Roadster... weird choice for a cop car? :roflmao:

Yeah ok, already thought there was something funny with the roof. And indeed a weird choice. But it's out there. Unfortunately I can't find any other picture of that car. If anybody finds some, pls drop em here.

Many times those exotic police cars were apprehensions. Anyway, on that particular case it's fortunate that only a removable (and easily replaceable) roof was mangled to install the police equipment.

Anyway, about the rear wing, I'm sure Jason will have a more technical explanation but as far as I know, it's useless on the Diablo, only for aesthetics. Just look at the shape, zero downforce. Not on the SE30 though, as it has a different shape and adjustable section.

Yeah, well that's Italians, it's not only about if you'll get them. It's about the style you have when you get them.

I was just thinking about the weird choice of car because of the removable roof but when I was a kid in the Netherlands in the late 60's and 70's these were a common sight on Dutch roads.
P-8.jpg

De-Porsche-van-de-Rijksrecherche.jpg
Porsche003.ashx

They used Targas so they could easily regulate traffic and it gave them more contact with what happened on the road they said.

I was just thinking about the weird choice of car because of the removable roof but when I was a kid in the Netherlands in the late 60's and 70's these were a common sight on Dutch roads.
P-8.jpg

De-Porsche-van-de-Rijksrecherche.jpg
Porsche003.ashx

They used Targas so they could easily regulate traffic and it gave them more contact with what happened on the road they said.
Alex! Leuk om te zien! (cool to see in dutch) Porsche actually released a version of some 911 4s thing called the alex, and only here in the netherlands, 25 we're made, the interior had orange accents on some things and some other bits and bobs. These go for a pretty penny now too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back