Cars The Need For Speed

I wish! did all I could in the last couple of days but now I need to take care of something else, might get back on it on the weekend. Trust me, there's still a LOT to do :coffee:

I know, I know, just wanted to state that progress looks very good! A real pleasure to follow your WIP work.

• Deleted member 130869

That Ferrari looks great, it brings back memories of passing one in the mountains in Monaco.

Hey there, just wanna say I'm interested in getting the donation version, but since it's not an automatic process, I will probably stay away for time being. I would suggest you look into doing a sellfy account like RaceSimStudio or URD has to automate the whole process of giving a donation/sending out updates, I think this would inspire more confidence in others like myself.

Hey there, just wanna say I'm interested in getting the donation version, but since it's not an automatic process, I will probably stay away for time being. I would suggest you look into doing a sellfy account like RaceSimStudio or URD has to automate the whole process of giving a donation/sending out updates, I think this would inspire more confidence in others like myself.

What donation version? :O_o: this is free, it'll be released along with the Diablo VT here on RD.

I probably shouldn't have spend time on it today, but I couldn't let it go that easily :D

Modeled headlights, exhaust system (what's visible through the rear), worked out the low poly details on headlights and fog lamps, and closed the underside and other gaps. Oh yeah, had to do the "cavallino rampante" as well :roflmao:

screenshot011.jpg

screenshot012.jpg

screenshot013.jpg

screenshot014.jpg

Putting the finishing touches on the physics... not much to do really. This thing's pretty much been finished for a year and a half. :D

And your finest work man, no doubt about it :cool: both this and the Diablo are a joy to drive.

Come to think of it... this will be the first 2 car pack ever released...?

That's looking nice, real nice!!
That duo will sure bring a lot of memories
thanks again for bringing it to life
shame we haven't been able to do anything with the tracks yet

It would be nice to see that cavallino rampante on close up, it seems very detailed!!

That's looking nice, real nice!!
That duo will sure bring a lot of memories
thanks again for bringing it to life
shame we haven't been able to do anything with the tracks yet

It would be nice to see that cavallino rampante on close up, it seems very detailed!!

Yeah would be nice to see some of those tracks in AC just for kicks, but at least we have some very cool road tracks to race on already.

The little horsey has 1500 triangles, no big deal really, wanted to keep it as simple as possible, as well as what it took me to do it (guess 15-20 minutes?).
Not worth going crazy either, I think it looks good enough already, here's a wire to chrome comparison:

cavallino.gif

The next step would be to sculpt it in zbrush and exporting a detailed normal map, but that's something @chargingcar would do, I'm not crazy enough :roflmao:

Yeah would be nice to see some of those tracks in AC just for kicks, but at least we have some very cool road tracks to race on already.

The little horsey has 1500 triangles, no big deal really, wanted to keep it as simple as possible, as well as what it took me to do it (guess 15-20 minutes?).
Not worth going crazy either, I think it looks good enough already, here's a wire to chrome comparison:

View attachment 207209

The next step would be to sculpt it in zbrush and exporting a detailed normal map, but that's something @chargingcar would do, I'm not crazy enough :roflmao:
Looks perfect man , hit it 3 times with turbo and bake a normal map in xnormal anyways just to make sure :D:D

Yes, that RX-7 but without those ugly "hot wheels" rims, here's with the rest of them:

nfspacks-jpg.184643

Shame Kunos didn't do the original car, I don't think it's worth re-doing that since the model is already very good and the differences are subtle. Just think that the time it takes me to do the RX-7 can be spent on a completely new car (not to mention there's the entire Class B to do still :D)

C'mon man those are beautiful Volk or Rays JDM rims...matter of taste I guess :). The way they created the anti-chip paint structure on the lower 1/3 of the sidewalls is a work of art.

Anyway, that would be way cooler than the one they actually did I agree.

That was such a cool menu style, still works today even.

Last edited:
Differences are not subtle, the car has a completely different bodykit and the way the car drives is very different from a normal RX-7, the spirit r has about 20-30 more hp depending on which model you compare it too, it is lighter and has better suspension, there are also interior differences such as the seats and the gauge cluster. So it would definitely be worth the effort making a scratch made one :)

View attachment 207209

THAT.............is a piece of art. Loving the materials.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back