Cars The Need For Speed

Differences are not subtle, the car has a completely different bodykit and the way the car drives is very different from a normal RX-7, the spirit r has about 20-30 more hp depending on which model you compare it too, it is lighter and has better suspension, there are also interior differences such as the seats and the gauge cluster. So it would definitely be worth the effort making a scratch made one :)
Yeah but it would be a huge waste of time to remake the model with such minor visual differences.

Again, it's a different car from every angle that you look at it. And it would only make the need for speed feel more authentic.

Yeah but it would be a huge waste of time to remake the model with such minor visual differences.

I'll have to agree with Gary on this one, at least for the time being.
I'll consider doing the original RX7 for that year (94-95) once I'm done with the rest, but only because it'll give me freedom to make two different versions of it, the stock and some other tuned or special edition, something we cannot do with the Kunos one ("legally", that is). That way it might make it worth the while, but that's thinking too far ahead for now.

Shame Kunos didn't do the original car
Don't think a lot of people would say that, considering the Spirit R Type A in AC is the most thought-after stock RX-7 out there. IMHO it fits much better to the other cars in NFS than a base one too.

Great work on the Ferrari, beautiful looking model.

Don't think a lot of people would say that, considering the Spirit R Type A in AC is the most thought-after stock RX-7 out there. IMHO it fits much better to the other cars in NFS than a base one too.

Great work on the Ferrari, beautiful looking model.

But I've never said "instead of", the Spirit R could've been the S1 of the stock version. And thanks! :D

This indeed is the real challenge.:D
hqdefault.jpg

:confused::rolleyes::thumbsdown:

@A3DR Man, the quality of your work is just stunning. Absolutely cannot wait to see what you do with that Viper RT/10, as that one was always my favorite from the original game. Thanks for all you do and also to everyone else involved with the project. So stoked to see this coming together.

What donation version? :O_o: this is free, it'll be released along with the Diablo VT here on RD.
Well if you accept donations, I'm definitely tempted to donate for this awesome collection of cars, it's like a DLC. Especially the Carrera, Viper and the rework of the NSX are cars I'm looking forward to. So... if you upload the final mod don't forget to put the donation button somewhere. :p

Well if you accept donations, I'm definitely tempted to donate for this awesome collection of cars, it's like a DLC. Especially the Carrera, Viper and the rework of the NSX are cars I'm looking forward to. So... if you upload the final mod don't forget to put the donation button somewhere. :p

There's a link on each car I've released, since I've been asked for it many times, so whenever you please, it's there :D

Back on the 512, wrapping up the exterior details and making my way into the interior, already done the door sills (still missing some bits) and basic door paneling. Now it has 4 wheels too, that's something :cool:

screenshot020.jpg

screenshot019.jpg

screenshot021.jpg

Some quick, cheap reflection test
screenshot022.jpg

Got most of the interior paneling done, painful process but we all know how nice interior looks like in AC when they're properly done :D
Still no detailing, as I'm adjusting parts as I go along, making sure everything fits like it should, and trying to work around the blind spots I find along the way.
cock.jpg

screenshot024.jpg

While it might look like a bunch of boxes, they all need to make sense and fit together somehow :D

screenshot025.jpg

Model is looking better day by day, but that's something to be expected for someone that has been modelling longer than that I have been alive for. Can't wait to see what it will look like ingame.

Man you are going to town with this one. Holy smokes! Might be because it is my all time favorite Ferrari but the way this looks and how right you're getting all the proportions is a thing to behold!

Thanks! coming from you that's a huge compliment then! lots of "eye matching" to get the shapes right, so feel free to tell me if you spot anything that might look off.

Here's more on the dash:
screenshot030.jpg
screenshot029.jpg
screenshot028.jpg

I hate those rail type seatbelts, man what an ugly thing to do to a car like this. I'm doing the US version so I'm stuck with those. I guess some kind of useless regulation forced Ferrari to make them like this instead of using the regular system as the european version.

I hate those rail type seatbelts, man what an ugly thing to do to a car like this. I'm doing the US version so I'm stuck with those. I guess some kind of useless regulation forced Ferrari to make them like this instead of using the regular system as the european version.
Were typical US Americans unable to use euro style buckle-yourself belts? Never understood those rails things, and never came across any

In general I don't like modelling seatbelts, as its a hassle to fit with the Kunos driver models. Has so far always been the last parts to be modelled.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%