The ideas, wishes & suggestions thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
This is a thread for general ideas, recommendations, wishes and suggestions you all might have for GSC Extreme, Formula Truck & future Reiza titles, or even for Reiza in general.

The goal is to concentrate all good thoughts such as this recommendation about the MR18 windshield or this about mirrors, along with wishes / suggestions such as which cars / tracks you´d like to see in a single place us devs can go for inspiration :)

Forum member Leon_90 has kindly created a fairly extensive survey here - if you may take the time to fill it up, we´d also be interested in the results.

While not all suggestions (and certainly not all wishes) might be doable for the current titles, we´ll try to absorb as many of the popular ideas as we possibly can as we move foward.

EDIT: We will exceptionally allow posts in portuguese in this topic, for the sake of keeping all ideas in the same place.

Excepcionalmente postagens em português serão permitidas neste tópico, para mantermos todas as idéias no mesmo local.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that is not what i'm looking for. I want to have something like rF2 has. Direct, in sim access to rewind options, some progress bar. I hope You understand. ;)

That would be great.

Also, as we are at it, what about Buenos Aires Historic? It would be similar to the 15 track, but, aside from the different ambiance, the last few corners were a bit different...

Around 2:15 here...

You can see it in your video as well, after the last corner, the track does not go straight into the start/finish, but take a slight right, and then left (it is there in the current Reiza track as well, but it is mostly not used anymore). Your video may be confusing, because it seems as it is only used for entering the pits but that was the layout back then (you can see it in the video I posted also).

Anyway, it is not a huge change, but mostly to have another historic track, which is actually an interesting trend the Devs are following...

Also, the 9 circuit is very interesting, as it has the back infield section, but a first very fast right hander that connects directly to the back part of the track (and it was also used for F1 back in the 70's I believe)

I am wondering, maybe someone from Reiza can let me know, whether there are any plans to update the existing circuits with the alternate layouts? For example in Taruma they ran Stock Cars with a new chicane between turns 3 and 4; and with some cars they run the circuit using the chicane in the last turn (in fact they sometimes run the track backwards). Would love to see the extra layouts available. And of course Interlagos has a whole new pit entry.

There will be some layout adittions for existing tracks in future updates, though they are not high priority at this stage nor is there a firm definition as to which will be done. I´ll be completely frank and say we´re in no rush to add that horrid Tarumã chicane, needed as it may be...

Sorry for the double post, but I see now I should have posted it here. Elaborated a bit:
Game Stock Car Extreme is, to my opinion, the best racing sim today. I would be even better if it supports the Oculus Rift: combine the best FFB and physics with VR! GSCE is light on the graphics card, so it is a perfect candidate for VR HMDs like the Rift. Although GSCE is a DX9 game it can be done now Oculus Rift SDK 0.6 is out: see this ETS2 post on Reddit (ETS2 is a DX9 title too).
Please Reiza, will you add Rift support, now the consumer version of the Rift will ship in Q1 2016? Nothing would please me more. GSCE in VR + SimVibe = sim racing heaven :cool:.

okay. I watched the GSCE live race the other day. I was awed.
I downloaded the demo & the full version.

Here are some notes of a new customer coming to GSCE. Maybe the developers can look to see where things need to be tweaked from the perspective of someone with zero experience with GSCE. It could help to attract more new drivers.

Menus were confusing.
Some pictures, some buttons, some arrows, some words.....:O_o:
Add a flow, Simplify, Standardize buttons for the next sim - please.
Took a very long time to setup my DFGT (2 hours). I almost gave up.:mad:
Exit!
Back in again later.
Did I miss the "pit speed limiter ON" on screen message?:mad:
EXIT!!!!
Found internet post - someone made the same mistake I did. "turn off pit speed limiter".
Back into the sim.:cautious:
Watching the replay, the cars look great. Why does it look better watching a race than actually racing?:unsure:

Put in a couple slow laps just to see how the steering & brakes worked. Love Interlagos so I know it pretty well from F1 2011. Put in a couple of semi-hot laps.:thumbsup:

Need to look for other people's settings. Don't have 2 more hours just to setup steering. Which leads me here. And wouldn't you know.... my first attempt at GSCE wasn't recorded by my recorder. :mad: Don't know how to get back to setting up windowed mode so the sim doesn't minimize when I alt-tab to adjust the recorder.

As you can see...lots of negatives up there ^^^^^ from a new user point of view.:sleep:
---------------------------
But....

WOW V8 engine sound!!!! I think I "turtled" in my pants alittle. Sounded surprisingly good.
Missed my food delivery. He was banging at the door, but I couldn't hear him over the V8!!!!! :D

Driving impression:
It's how much? with crappy menu system and old graphics ur gonna charge $100.00? -
Where do I send my money!
Was kidding about the price - I don't know how much it costs.
First time I wasn't disappointed with a driving sim.....EVER (the driving part). Loose rear end could benefit with just a hair more feel but maybe that comes with more rear downforce. I don't know.

Then again, I had no expectations either - Not like Grid Autosport, R3E or pCars which equals about a $250.00 investment (since April) for those three including extra content, additional packs, and extra cars. And two of those, I no longer use (Autosport & pCars) and no way to refund either.:cry:
It seems that sims I had a chance to demo, I kept. The others I didn't.

So I'm on the fence. I love driving the cars, but I don't want to spend hours and hours and hours deciphering menus and settings. If I could get a refund for Grid Autosport and the Legends touring car pack with it ($80.00 right there), I would get GSCE.

That's my first impression.

***edit: I bought it anyway. It's just too good to pass up.

Last edited:
A good rally car :inlove:
Agree, but somethig from golden era of rally, the Group B. Like this...

s1michael_gerber_02.jpg

Renault_5_Maxi_Turbo_-_Race_Retro_2008_02.jpg

That would be awesome!!! :rolleyes:

Hm... a full immersion. We lack this in ALL sims.
Need 3d animations, we need to be able to see all pit crew from other cars (specially in online races). We need to be able to set parts of a track where if a car crash and can't move a rescue team will go there and either bring it back to pit for repairs (american style, full course yellow) or push them to the side (euro, local yellow). We should have an animation with driver changes in case of online leagues that run longer races. :)
You could have pre set pit stop styles, if they refuel and change tires at the same time or not, how many people working per tire, etc. You could allow moders to point to the game where is the center of the wheel and how big it is so the animations can be more accurate, etc. If parts of the car could be changed too (for repairs) during a race would be nice.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I apreciate the job everyone does on the driving part. But I feel we are in a point where all other stuff should be in there too. Would be nice to feel in a professional race when I'm having fun with the guys online. And for this we need the details. We are in 2015 folks... some stuff should be already there. Specially when you consider the fact that in racing the number of possibilities (in rescue teams, yellow flags, etc) would be far smaller than what you have in games like GTA

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back