The ideas, wishes & suggestions thread

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
This is a thread for general ideas, recommendations, wishes and suggestions you all might have for GSC Extreme, Formula Truck & future Reiza titles, or even for Reiza in general.

The goal is to concentrate all good thoughts such as this recommendation about the MR18 windshield or this about mirrors, along with wishes / suggestions such as which cars / tracks you´d like to see in a single place us devs can go for inspiration :)

Forum member Leon_90 has kindly created a fairly extensive survey here - if you may take the time to fill it up, we´d also be interested in the results.

While not all suggestions (and certainly not all wishes) might be doable for the current titles, we´ll try to absorb as many of the popular ideas as we possibly can as we move foward.

EDIT: We will exceptionally allow posts in portuguese in this topic, for the sake of keeping all ideas in the same place.

Excepcionalmente postagens em português serão permitidas neste tópico, para mantermos todas as idéias no mesmo local.

Last edited:
Hm... a full immersion. We lack this in ALL sims.
Fitting 3D animations are still a big challenge for game devs.
Bodyparts are still glitching through objects, feet are magically sliding over the ground, ...

Geoff Crammond always had more details in his games than most others.
Weather system in GP3, in F1GP your wrecked car was removed from track with a crane, pitstops always had all pitcrews out and with GP4 the animated pitcrews...

I love ProjectCARS' approach to use real world data for track time and weather condition.

So ya ... offering such things on top of what we already got would be absolute winner.

And to add on that, my wish:
When you drive you should get visuals like if you were driving yourself, if you're watching a replay you should get the visuals as if watching on TV.
You know, eyes and camera lenses are completely different, although many game devs seem to not understand that :D

Fitting 3D animations are still a big challenge for game devs.
Bodyparts are still glitching through objects, feet are magically sliding over the ground, ...

Geoff Crammond always had more details in his games than most others.
Weather system in GP3, in F1GP your wrecked car was removed from track with a crane, pitstops always had all pitcrews out and with GP4 the animated pitcrews...
Does not have to be perfect. I'd be happy with a GTR2 ish animation but with a bit more moves than what they do. Or GTA SA level animation xD
Would just like to have it visible in online races, and it should have an option to make it forced by the server so the conditions are the same for everyone, just add a level of detail on this due to different PC specs of course. :)
I loved when I was driving GTR2 against the AI and I had a pit stop with 4 or 5 other pit crew teams around my car.
I know it's not a easy job but man... it's 2015, we should have it :(
I really dislike the empty tracks we have in pretty much all sims. Even the new ones like rFactor 2 and AC still don't have it (the animation AC added is a joke).

Edit: ops... sorry for double post

I like to have brighter leds on the open wheelers steering wheels. Sometimes hard to see during daytime hours. And illuminated lcds in the closed cockpit cars for night racing. Other than that...im pretty stoked with this sim! :thumbsup::)

Oh I didn't know this thread existed (I'm new here) so I'm copying a post from another thread because I am requesting a change. This is in regards to the pit menu; with some cars the Damage item is hidden because there are too many items in that car's pit menu.

I've been racing in a CART Extreme league, and I got burned by this a couple of times because I hit the pit request button and didn't realize I had damage because the Damage item did not appear in the menu (and the car was driving fine), so my pit stops were unnecessarily long. At first I thought there was a bug but then I noticed with another car that the Damage item appeared without scrolling. That's when I realized the pit menu was just showing a maximum of seven items, and some cars had more than seven items in their menu. And when the Damage item appeared, it appeared at the bottom of the menu. So now I've learned that every time I hit pit request (when in the CART), I have to scroll down to see if the Damage item is there.

pit_menus.jpg

So I was hoping one of three things could be implemented by Reiza:

1. Put the Damage item just below the Stop/Go item, because when there is damage (and you have a long pit menu) you want to be aware of it to make a decision.

2. Have the Stop/Go and Damage items hidden when they are in the "N/A" state. If one or both items are active, have them appear at the top of the pit menu. This is my preferred solution.

3. Dynamically allocate the size of the pit menu based on the length of car's pit menu, with a maximum of maybe 9 or 10 items.

This would be a real helpful improvement. :)

Was just about to post the same thing Enzo. No point having a day/night cycle if the headlights don't light up more than two meters ahead of you. Would love to see that fixed.

Generally there's a bit of a problem with night racing as the monitor settings make a massive difference, and the ambient lighting is already much brighter than it would be in real life - and I can see quite well with out any lights (comparatively). Not to mention anyone can overwrite the default car nightlights as they're just a texture with out causing mismatches.

Generally there's a bit of a problem with night racing as the monitor settings make a massive difference, and the ambient lighting is already much brighter than it would be in real life - and I can see quite well with out any lights (comparatively). Not to mention anyone can overwrite the default car nightlights as they're just a texture with out causing mismatches.
I'll have a look at that, thanks!

I completely agree with Spinellis wish to make notes when saving setups. I raced Race07 for a very long time and it's a natural thing the amount of setups increases with time.

When you come back to a track where you have a few setups with different approaches it's extremely helpful to read the notes. In Race07 I always noted the best lap time for a setup and the important changes I made compared to an earlier development stage, so you can go back one or two steps and go for another try, even if there are a few days between the tests...

Thx in advance! Great game Reiza!

Another personal wish is to keep the onboard immersion the same for replays as when driving. The real experience with all the cockpit movements looks so good but the onboard replay is very static and doesn't reflect the real thing.

So, is it possible to let the game show the onboard replay using my game parameters for head movements. Or to make it easier: Can an onboard replay exactly show a carbon copy of the live driving?

Thx in advance!

I have this question since I moved to GSC, and now that reiza have the licensing for ISIMotor source code, i think its right moment to put a end to the only downside I have in GSC:
I play in single monitor with a fov of 30, so i cant see all the mirrors in car without looking to the other side, and cant run stably enought fps´s with the virtual mirrors on.. and when I find myself fighting for positions I dont have enough information about my opponent's position,

The real question - Is it possible in ISIMotor to have a spotter or other similar resource to warn the driver if theres a car on is right or left? and even three wide like other simulators have

The real question - Is it possible in ISIMotor to have a spotter or other similar resource to warn the driver if theres a car on is right or left? and even three wide like other simulators have

While we wait for an official answer, there is a spotter mod in the download section. It works fairly well, but it has a few issues - namely, the only thing that works during races is exactly the feature you want (stay right, three wide, keep left, etc.), but it won't give you timing info (although it does during practice/quali). You need to enable "NASCAR mode" for the position feature to work.

Wow, FoV of 30 ...
I've also used rather low FoVs when i started out, but with 30 you're limiting yourself extremely, aren't you?
Is there any real requirement to do so? (My eyes are a complete waste, so i could understand very well why you'd set it up like that as for "medical reasons")
Because if it's only to get a better view on the track than just looking through a tiny hole that should be the windshield, then i'd highly recommend getting used to playing with a FoV of at least 50.
It really helps a ton.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back