Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hmm, have you checked this thread at Codemasters website?

In short, you need to know the IP address of the computer, where you run the Telemetry tool. Then you make the game to send the UDP traffic to that IP address. If you are not sure, the installation of the Telemetry Tool works ok, you could use the FeedTester (see in the ReadMe.txt) to ensure that at least the tool receives data.

Got it all working thank you! :D
I was putting the wrong IP Address into my Xbox, i did say i didn't really know what i was doing xD

This application is brilliant mate thank you! Just noticed an issue when trying to open a reference lap though, everything appears as a flat line as apposed to correct read outs?

Hii you all..

Im having an issue with the "data at cursor"

When im trying to move the cursor to a certain x-axis i dont see the parameters updating/changing to the current graphs (cursor) .. And my position in the map doesn't update too.. Its happened only after i finished the lap.. On live data everything works fine?

Any ideas?

Thanks

For a live lap the cursor can only be moved along part, which you have driven, i.e. for which you have data. So if you just started new lap, you can move the cursor for a very short part.

If you want to use the cursor for the previous lap, you could set the RED LINE as prev. lap.

I was putting the wrong IP Address into my Xbox, i did say i didn't really know what i was doing xD

This application is brilliant mate thank you! Just noticed an issue when trying to open a reference lap though, everything appears as a flat line as apposed to correct read outs?

Have those laps been stored with 5.0? There was a problem with stored online laps, which was fixed. The laps were not stored fully. If you look at the lap data directory, you might see that some of the stored data files are pretty small. The typical size of a lap is 2k - 3k KB, for Monaco and other shorter tracks it could be bit under 2k KB. So if your reference file is less than 2000 KB, most likely it wasn't stored correctly.

For 5.2 I rewrote the way, how the data is collected and now it should be more robust and such things shouldn't happen anymore with the output.

So I recommend you use the 5.2 version (and you might remove/delete the small bad laps from the lapdata).

If you want to use the cursor for the previous lap, you could set the RED LINE as prev. lap.

Thanks for the quick reply, i did 2 laps but i cant see any telemetry graphs on previous lap , its empty, im using ps4, v5.2 any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, i did 2 laps but i cant see any telemetry graphs on previous lap , its empty, im using ps4, v5.2 any suggestions?

First, does it work at all, i.e. when you start the tool and you start driving around, in Telemetry tab does the red dot (bottom-right map) move along the map? If it does, on "live data", when you pass the start line, do you see the graphs forming? If you have prev lap on (meaning, on the RED LINE button the text says "prev lap"), you will see just flat lines, until you have completed the first lap.

First, does it work at all, i.e. when you start the tool and you start driving around, in Telemetry tab does the red dot (bottom-right map) move along the map? If it does, on "live data", when you pass the start line, do you see the graphs forming? If you have prev lap on (meaning, on the RED LINE button the text says "prev lap"), you will see just flat lines, until you have completed the first lap.

Its working great, live data is streaming well, its looks like that,
the live data that you will see at the picture is the 4th lap ( i did only small part of it), you will see nothing at the prev lap..

am i missing something?

Attachments

• livedata.JPG
    livedata.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 467
  • prev.JPG
    prev.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Its working great, live data is streaming well, its looks like that,
the live data that you will see at the picture is the 4th lap ( i did only small part of it), you will see nothing at the prev lap..

am i missing something?

After starting the Telemetry tool/changing track, did you drive only part of the lap? The "prev lap" only shows previous lap of that session. So if you start the tool and drive partially one lap, you get the view in your second screenshot. The "prev lap" gets reset, if you change track, change event or close the application.

I use 'prev lap' typically in Time Trial, where just when I have passed the start-finish line after a full lap, I check, how my previous lap compared to the fastest lap, especially on the Time Diff graph and how e.g. my earlier/later braking in different corners affects the time delta (Time Diff). I seldom use the 'live lap' graphs as for me the graphs tend to distract my driving, if I keep looking at them on a hot lap.

After starting the Telemetry tool/changing track, did you drive only part of the lap? The "prev lap" only shows previous lap of that session. So if you start the tool and drive partially one lap, you get the view in your second screenshot. The "prev lap" gets reset, if you change track, change event or close the application.

I did 3 full laps in a row (practice 2 at career mode) ...the partial lap in the pic is the 4th lap just to show that it recording..

Have those laps been stored with 5.0? There was a problem with stored online laps, which was fixed. The laps were not stored fully. If you look at the lap data directory, you might see that some of the stored data files are pretty small. The typical size of a lap is 2k - 3k KB, for Monaco and other shorter tracks it could be bit under 2k KB. So if your reference file is less than 2000 KB, most likely it wasn't stored correctly.

For 5.2 I rewrote the way, how the data is collected and now it should be more robust and such things shouldn't happen anymore with the output.

So I recommend you use the 5.2 version (and you might remove/delete the small bad laps from the lapdata).

I only downloaded it a couple of days ago so i've only been using 5.2, the lap data file sizes seem ok (3560KB for Australia) yet when i open them either as a Blue Line Reference Lap or Red Line From File they are displayed like this.
EDIT- Previous Laps are also only displayed as flat lines.
Reference Lap.jpg
Prev Lap.jpg

Last edited:
I only downloaded it a couple of days ago so i've only been using 5.2, the lap data file sizes seem ok (3560KB for Australia) yet when i open them either as a Blue Line Reference Lap or Red Line From File they are displayed like this.
EDIT- Previous Laps are also only displayed as flat lines.

View attachment 155563View attachment 155564

Was it that you run F1 2016 in Xbox?

The thing is, I cannot replicate this in 5.2 with a PC 2016 - PC Telemetry Tool usage.

I just have a feeling, that there is occasional garbage coming out from PS4/Xbox UDP stream. This was happening on online events with F1 2016 on PC, i.e. there was some data coming in strange order, which then broke my tool. I did some fixes to 5.1 and for 5.2. rewrote the whole UDP packet receiving end to tackle such situations. Clearly there is some other data coming out, which makes my tool think, the lap changes and this clears/messes the prev lap and other data.

I will PM you too to get some more data.

Woodsy - sorry to be a pain, any chance you could post a step by step guide for an idiot? Got the software installed and ok on my Mac and have tried the same steps as you I think (UDP Telemetry on, Broadcast off) and IP address right (internal one - e.g. 192.168...) but no joy in terms of getting data from the Xbox to the laptop?

Would massively appreciate it!

Woodsy - sorry to be a pain, any chance you could post a step by step guide for an idiot? Got the software installed and ok on my Mac and have tried the same steps as you I think (UDP Telemetry on, Broadcast off) and IP address right (internal one - e.g. 192.168...) but no joy in terms of getting data from the Xbox to the laptop?

Would massively appreciate it!

Really sorry mate but I'm actually having the same issue myself at moment and i have no idea why :unsure:
My Xbox updated last night, i'd be surprised but i wonder if that might have something to do with it.

EDIT- It's working alright with my PC version of the game so it's clearly an issue with the Xbox.

Last edited:
Really sorry mate but I'm actually having the same issue myself at moment and i have no idea why :unsure:
My Xbox updated last night, i'd be surprised but i wonder if that might have something to do with it.

EDIT- It's working alright with my PC version of the game so it's clearly an issue with the Xbox.
Yep, PC version is fine, but it seems XBOX and PS4 send each packet twice, which at the start of new lap removes the previous lap. I have an idea for fix, but it will take bit time before I can do new release, as I am travelling at the moment and cannot release a properly tested version.

Iko, just a quick question, is there any way to change the font size in Raw Data tab? On my laptop monitor (1366x768) I can't see all the stuff. Was wondering is there any way to reduce the size of font.

Iko, just a quick question, is there any way to change the font size in Raw Data tab? On my laptop monitor (1366x768) I can't see all the stuff. Was wondering is there any way to reduce the size of font.

I could make it smaller. I will look into that.

The raw data panel was never meant to be used constantly, only if you really need to see the data for some special reason.

We have found and tested a way to get the tool work with data from XBOX/PS4. I will do a new release mid/end next week, when I have bit more time to do some more testing. In the mean time, if there is someone with a super urgent need to get the data from consoles, please drop me PM and I will provide you a interim (working) fixed version.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

New version of the Telemetry application. Fixes console (PS & XBOX) UDP feed related bugs

Hello,

New version is here. I expect this to be the final version for F1 2016.

Key fix:
The key fix is that the tool now works with the UDP feed from the consoles (PS4 & XBOX).

Other changes/fixes in this release
  • Added revs/gear overlay to Telemetry tab. You can activate this with key 'R' in the Telemetry tab
  • In Raw Data tab you can adjust the font size with mouse wheel
  • Removed out_1 and out_2 from the 'General Options' as you can now do this from the game...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iko,
If you're finished with this, what are you going to work on next? Do you have any other F1 2016 projects in mind? I know my add-on projects end up taking priority over actually racing because sometimes I find doing those more interesting than running laps. If you're looking for other project suggestions, I'd like to see an add-on like the RFactor2 Spotter2.0 mod, which has a a member of the pit crew give you information via the headset (like your last lap time, tire temps, etc.) while you're racing so you don't have to navigate the MFD or navigate the Talk menu.

Iko,
If you're finished with this, what are you going to work on next? Do you have any other F1 2016 projects in mind?

At the moment in my mind the only F1 2016 related project is to just drive more and enjoy the telemetry data.

On the project side I would like to rewrite the UI of my tool for F1 2017. After 5 years of development there so so much things, that are no very good or easy to handle. But I know it will be a big undertaking, so depending bit on the real life schedules, it will either happen or then not.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back