Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Excuse my language, english isn't my native.

This tool is exacly wat I want, but have a serious problem.
I allready use a Fanatec wheel with Fanaled and to get this working i allready added these lines in the xml file, which workes fine:
<udp0 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" />
<udp1 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<udp2 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<udp3 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
What can i do to make these both (Fanaleds & Telementry App) to work properly.
Please help...

This is probably a Java problem, but it has not allowed me to run your app, or even see it, since I downloaded it two months ago. I have the latest (ver. 8, update 111) Java downloaded on my laptop.

I download Java from: https://www.java.com/en/download/

I install Java...green progress bar runs...

I uninstalled ver. 101 at the suggestion of the Setup tool.

Says: You have successfully installed Java!

I then go check to see that I have the correct version as suggested by the Java site.

Java says: congratulations!

I then go back to the telemetry app and try to open the .jar file.

Then I just get into an infinite save/open/save/open loop when trying to open the telemetry app in Internet explorer.

Is there another app we should use? Usually (at least Apple) the correct application would be chosen for you.

Is this an internet application?

So, when I follow your instructions to "double tap" the telemetry .jar file (to open), an Explorer box pops up and says "What do you want to do with Telemetry.jar?"

There is an option to "Open" (and save under that) but this gets me nowhere, other than to a "view and track" downloads page, whcih will just send me back to the explorer box.

So,,,,

Sorry for the run on, but Windows is not the O/S I am comfortable with. Too many steps, and I'm probably not doing something right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Excuse my language, english isn't my native.

This tool is exacly wat I want, but have a serious problem.
I allready use a Fanatec wheel with Fanaled and to get this working i allready added these lines in the xml file, which workes fine:
<udp0 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" />
<udp1 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<udp2 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
<udp3 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
What can i do to make these both (Fanaleds & Telementry App) to work properly.
Please help...

If the above setting works already for Fanaled, then just enable the udp1 too. If you run the Telemetry on the same computer, then the other settings are fine.

Cheers.

This is probably a Java problem, ..

Then I just get into an infinite save/open/save/open loop when trying to open the telemetry app in Internet explorer.

Is this an internet application?

This is not an internet application, as there is no webstart. So you cannot run this via IE or Edge.

You run it from the Windows Explorer. If double-clicking in Windows Explorer doesn't open it, you should associate the .jar file with the Java Platform. I.e. right-click (with right-handed mouse) the .jar file, select 'Open With ...' and then choose the Java platform.

Cheers.

This is not an internet application, as there is no webstart. So you cannot run this via IE or Edge.

You run it from the Windows Explorer. If double-clicking in Windows Explorer doesn't open it, you should associate the .jar file with the Java Platform. I.e. right-click (with right-handed mouse) the .jar file, select 'Open With ...' and then choose the Java platform.

Cheers.

Something is haywire, but thanks for the effort. Although I have installed the correct version of Java and I have Java loaded and installed (at least as much as I can tell), which says JavaSetup8u111. However, there is no .exe or any way to "open with" that Java app when I right click. It's almost as it Java is clearly on the computer, but useless to do anything. Never had this happen before. Java has always been automatic, even with prior Windows OS. If I force it and search out Java from the "open with" file search option, I can try, but then get a box -- "Unable to install Java, These are errors in the following switches: XXXXXXXXXX/Downloads/Telemetry jar, etc etc. Check that the commands are valid and try again."

Seems to be a never ending loop.

Hi,

Im trying to use this with my PS4 version of F1 2016. I have found my IPV4 adress, and entered that ingame, as well as the port that is displayed in the settings menu, 20777. But I cant get it to work. Do I have to do something else? My PS4 is connected to my wifi, while my pc is connected with a cable. Does this cause any problems?

-TheLarsinator

Hi,

Im trying to use this with my PS4 version of F1 2016. I have found my IPV4 adress, and entered that ingame, as well as the port that is displayed in the settings menu, 20777. But I cant get it to work. Do I have to do something else? My PS4 is connected to my wifi, while my pc is connected with a cable. Does this cause any problems?

-TheLarsinator

You have to set the PC's IP address into the PS4 settings, so that the PS4 sends the data to the PC, where you run the Telemetry tool. If the PC and PS4 are on the same network (regardless of wifi or cable), then it should work.

Some firewalls might also cause problems, so you need to let the Telemetry tool to receive connections.

And you can test the connectivity of the Telemetry tool with the F1FeedTester. See the ReadMe.Txt for details.

Cheers.

I really like the program! Works smoothly, and show quite detailed info! Do you have a public git where we can submit bug fixes? Also wanted to let you know that it doesn't seperate wet and dry, they all get called dry. No big issue, but makes sorting lap files a bit harder, and it shows the fastest dry lap as blue line for wet sessions as well, unless I find it and set it as reference.

Thanks for making such a cool and usefull tool! Makes driving even more fun!

You have to set the PC's IP address into the PS4 settings, so that the PS4 sends the data to the PC, where you run the Telemetry tool. If the PC and PS4 are on the same network (regardless of wifi or cable), then it should work.

Some firewalls might also cause problems, so you need to let the Telemetry tool to receive connections.

And you can test the connectivity of the Telemetry tool with the F1FeedTester. See the ReadMe.Txt for details.

Cheers.

Found the problem! If anyone else has problems:

The PS4 version has two options in the UDP menu:
- Toggle UDP Telemetry
- Toggle UDP Telemetry Broadcast Mode

I had turned both on, but you should only enable the first one. Not really sure what the Broadcast Mode does, but it stops the data from being found by the PC.

Just to give some info - tool still worked fine for the two Betas I currently had for F1 2017.
Also, to prepare the tool for the next game... Here's something you might find interesting: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53139/f1-2017-d-box-and-udp-output-specification
And yes, if you read closely, there's some spoilers already...

(And also we should be able to actually get the info for all drivers now, so that's a plus.)
@Iko Rein if you want, you could make something already - I'd be up to help test the "next" app!

Edit: Still works well on Beta 3.
(It's fun since it's a Multiplayer test too...)

Last edited:
Just to give some info - tool still worked fine for the two Betas I currently had for F1 2017.
Also, to prepare the tool for the next game... Here's something you might find interesting: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53139/f1-2017-d-box-and-udp-output-specification
And yes, if you read closely, there's some spoilers already...

(And also we should be able to actually get the info for all drivers now, so that's a plus.)
@Iko Rein if you want, you could make something already - I'd be up to help test the "next" app! (Not currently though, Beta 2 just ended and I can't play currently until next beta, hopefully next one will be a quick race or something)

Good to know that it works. Based on the released UDP data I need to make some fixes/changes to the udp feed reading/handling and internal data. I have looked around and did some preliminary preparations, and I think it will take maybe 1.5 days to get it tested and working. My plan was to do initial version in July while travelling, but my travel laptop's harddrive failed so I can start work only at the end of July, but the program should still be ready when the game is released.

//Cheers

i am trying to get this to work, have the latest java installed, when i double click, nothing happens
when i run from command prompt i get this error:

Exception in thread "IconLoader" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.stream.StreamCloser$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

help?

i am trying to get this to work, have the latest java installed, when i double click, nothing happens
when i run from command prompt i get this error:

Exception in thread "IconLoader" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.imageio.stream.StreamCloser$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

help?
Are you running this on Mac? And with which game? The IconLoader thread failure should not take down the system.

I just posted new version for F1 2017. You can find it at the F1 2017 mods section.

//Iko

I wish it had support for multiple monitors/windows open. I would like to have Race data and telemetry up at the same time.

There is one short term solution, which you could use.

The short term solution is to use the proxy tool to forward the UDP fraffic to 2 different ports and then run two instances of the Telemetry Tool

I will also fix in upcoming 6.1. version the UDP forward from my tool, so that you can forward the UDP feed to two other addresses. This was somehow broken in 5.2 and I now have fixed it in my test version and it will be fixed in public 6.1.

I will do some research, if there is an easy way to run the tabs in separate windows and how that would work, but I cannot promise anything.

Cheers.

There is one short term solution, which you could use.

The short term solution is to use the proxy tool to forward the UDP fraffic to 2 different ports and then run two instances of the Telemetry Tool

I will also fix in upcoming 6.1. version the UDP forward from my tool, so that you can forward the UDP feed to two other addresses. This was somehow broken in 5.2 and I now have fixed it in my test version and it will be fixed in public 6.1.

I will do some research, if there is an easy way to run the tabs in separate windows and how that would work, but I cannot promise anything.

Cheers.

Thanks man... didn't see this until know. Ignore the request on my other post.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back