Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for the data. The Mac UI part was written for 2.0 (I think), i.e. 3 years ago. I wanted to use the native Mac look and feel and it seems something there changed. I need to look into this, to ensure there is a way to run the tool also on mac. That was anyway the original reason to select Java, as I wanted to make it multi-platform, as many people might have a separate laptop around running Mac or Linux.

I test each release on Xubuntu, so I think getting it working on Mac should not be overly complicated. I will most likely get back to you with a PM.

//Iko
If you end up making this work on Mac please let me know. I tried playing around with it for a while and had no luck. I am a rookie when it comes to Java but I asked my cousin who is a developer and his suggestions didnt work. I will test on Mac if you end up tweeking it to work. Thanks for everything!

If you end up making this work on Mac please let me know. I tried playing around with it for a while and had no luck. I am a rookie when it comes to Java but I asked my cousin who is a developer and his suggestions didnt work. I will test on Mac if you end up tweeking it to work. Thanks for everything!
I have worked bit on virtualboxed OS El Capitan to see, how to get it working. If you PM me, I can send you also a test version and how I got it working.

If you have version 5.1, it won't work. I don't think Iko has officially released the version that does work on a Mac.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application 5.2 (Multiplatform)

Here is a new version.

There are two main fixes
1) A total rewrite of the way, how the UDP data is received from the game. This is now much more robust and should ensure, there are no gaps in the received data.
2) Mac compatibility fixes. This should now work on Macs. It has been tested on Yosemite and El Capitan.

There are some other small fixes + some additions. See the ReadMe.txt for them.

In Windows:
For users of 5.0 and 5.1, you can just take the Telemetry.jar from the .zip...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So the update is out. Here is the SHA265 checksum
---------------------------
Checksum information
Name: Telemetry_v5.2.zip
Size: 6260006 bytes (5 MB)

SHA256: 874965914BB9FE6AE3C08FB4EE62811126857989C5E30F01D8C1F81EEE6D4107

Hi, sorry to be a pain but would somebody be able to tell me how to get this working with my Xbox, not really sure what i'm doing. Thanks :)

EDIT- It works fine when i play the game on my PC but it wont pick up any information when i'm using my Xbox, I've entered my PC ip address on the Xbox but it's not working?

Last edited:
@Iko Rein : Cool stuff this, very much appreciated.

I'm planning to use the JSON services that are exposed to create a tablet app for evaluation how I perform in practice stints, how laptimes develop etc. I have a couple of questions:

1. /JSON/wheels - I don't understand the data in here? I refer to these:
{"fl": 0,
"fr": 0,
"rl": 0,
"rr": 0,
"flsusp": 0,
"frsusp": 0,
"rlsusp": 0,
"rrsusp": 0,
"flbt": 0,
"frbt": 0,
"rlbt": 0,
"rrbt": 0}

2. Is there any way to find out which compound you are on at the moment? I could not find anything.

3. Am I correct that I would have to poll these APIs constantly? I'm mostly interested in sector times and laptimes, so it would be nice to know when the driver goes from one sector and into the next. At which frequency is this known in the actual app?

Thanks again,
Fredrik

Hi, sorry to be a pain but would somebody be able to tell me how to get this working with my Xbox, not really sure what i'm doing. Thanks :)

EDIT- It works fine when i play the game on my PC but it wont pick up any information when i'm using my Xbox, I've entered my PC ip address on the Xbox but it's not working?
I'm not 100% sure with Xbox but I know on PS4 you have to turn UDP Broadcast off. So you leave the first UDP option on, but turn the second off and then put your computers IP as the IP.

@Iko Rein : Cool stuff this, very much appreciated.

I'm planning to use the JSON services that are exposed to create a tablet app for evaluation how I perform in practice stints, how laptimes develop etc. I have a couple of questions:

1. /JSON/wheels - I don't understand the data in here? I refer to these:

2. Is there any way to find out which compound you are on at the moment? I could not find anything.

3. Am I correct that I would have to poll these APIs constantly? I'm mostly interested in sector times and laptimes, so it would be nice to know when the driver goes from one sector and into the next. At which frequency is this known in the actual app?

Thanks again,
Fredrik
!) /JSON/wheels gives the data for wheels, fl (front left), rr (rear right) etc. The data is the suspension position and speed + temperature. I might add the wheel pressure there later.

2) No, the compound data is not available via the UDP stream.

3. You don't have to poll it constantly. For your use the /JSON/laptimes might be the best option.
You might want to check /JSON/sectortimes and /JSON/sessionbest too. The first one will give you the data you are looking for. Similar data with fuel usage is also saved into the laptimes directory, if you enable that from the settings (Save laptimes also to separate file (*)).

//Cheers

!)
3. You don't have to poll it constantly. For your use the /JSON/laptimes might be the best option.
You might want to check /JSON/sectortimes and /JSON/sessionbest too. The first one will give you the data you are looking for. Similar data with fuel usage is also saved into the laptimes directory, if you enable that from the settings (Save laptimes also to separate file (*)).

Thanks for the quick feedback! Regarding the last question I should have explained myself a bit clearer. All the data that I'm currently interested in are in laptimes (and as you say sectortimes/sessionbest might be useful too). What I would like is for my application to be able to update lap data as soon as I cross a sector boundary on track. I.e. it might flash the sector time just as you make it, show a diff to best/last etc. The way the API is constructed my understanding is that I have no way to see that there are new data available (in for example /JSON/laptimes) without polling that data and comparing it to the last poll?

Thanks for the quick feedback! Regarding the last question I should have explained myself a bit clearer. All the data that I'm currently interested in are in laptimes (and as you say sectortimes/sessionbest might be useful too). What I would like is for my application to be able to update lap data as soon as I cross a sector boundary on track. I.e. it might flash the sector time just as you make it, show a diff to best/last etc. The way the API is constructed my understanding is that I have no way to see that there are new data available (in for example /JSON/laptimes) without polling that data and comparing it to the last poll?

You need to keep polling the data and the see if data has changed, because most of the fields in the data change from one packet to another.

Didn't work unfortunately.

Is there anything else I need to change on my PC?

Hmm, have you checked this thread at Codemasters website?

In short, you need to know the IP address of the computer, where you run the Telemetry tool. Then you make the game to send the UDP traffic to that IP address. If you are not sure, the installation of the Telemetry Tool works ok, you could use the FeedTester (see in the ReadMe.txt) to ensure that at least the tool receives data.

Hii you all..

Im having an issue with the "data at cursor"

When im trying to move the cursor to a certain x-axis i dont see the parameters updating/changing to the current graphs (cursor) .. And my position in the map doesn't update too.. Its happened only after i finished the lap.. On live data everything works fine?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back