Technology (merged)

Cheers Ben.
I have also ordered some fans (1 goes at the front and takes up 3 5.25" bays and the other is an exhaust fan that takes up 2 spaces in the back of the case) from eBay as I heard the card runs hot.

No?! The ATi cards are cool compared to the current Nvidia range. My 4850 doesn't go above 66deg Celsius. And at friends their HD4870 is about 80-85 which isn't hot at all for a graphics card.

just so as you know, I had mine connected up via this method on my PC. It works ok, but for one drawback - you dont get any form of feedback or vibratin on the wheel. It seems that MS didnt creat any FFB drivers for the wheel in windows.

Would be interested to know whether you get it to work on your Mac though!

Ziggo...hell no.
Been having connectivity problems now for almost two weeks. two weeks of no racing, at least not online and i hold you responsible, Ziggo.
So when your mechanic comes on tuesday he better fix my problem. If not; be warned, he's coming to the hague and he won't leave this city alive.

first-i-lold.jpg

No Ziggo wouldn't be the one I chose for. For a stable connection I'd take DSL through a KPN line. Even tho' that's not really fast. BBned (also a DSL copper supplier) is faster but less stable.

Lol actually if I remember Bram correctly what I said to you when you told me you have Ziggo was: bleh and something like HA-HA

and now I say again.........HA-HA :)
no seriously get rid of that p.o.s. provider.......I had some really bad experience with them that I avoid them forever....(they charged me for cable while I never subscribed to them lol :))
like Johan said....go with a dsl line.....at least one that uses KPN line...
that is what I have with now Telfort 20Mbit

No I'm not really fond of the helpdesk at Telfort. My neighbours have Telfort. And well during the day they have 6mbit. (Max here). But in the evenings the speed is at 1mbit. Telfort keeps saying it's a virus.. So I tested with my own laptop and still the same. But why can I download full speed at home, and I get 80mbps at school through my laptop and in the evenings there just 1mbit..
Their helpdesk is damn expensive as they don't want to answer through mail.

I'm at Online now for 2 years (also through KPN) and never had any problems. Ping is at 9ms. And well Online has the best advert atm..
advertentie_yolanthe_online234.jpg

I don't have a KPN line anymore :) Only call mobile!
But there still is a line to your house? And as far as I know you don't need to buy Telephone anymore if you only take it for DSL.
That's at least the case in my gf's student house. They have Telfort. They only pay for DSL. It's just €4 more expensive per month than if you also use the phone line

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.