Technology (merged)

PSP how do i connect it to the net?

Ive got all the router wep key and everything put in but it wont connect it comes up with a connection error "please check router security settings".

I dont't know whats going on. This morning i want to race. But again me accelerator pedal was always on full power. So i reinstalled Profiler but now he doesn't react to the accelerator and brake at all. Do i need to change in the profiler the left pedal right pedal thing, and how do i do that?

Updates under Vista / external drivers

Hi all,

when I run under Vista the Update function, i have the impression they do not check for external drivers (at least they never offered me one to install). This was done under XP, is it possible to bring this back without bringing XP back or installing Windows 7 (dont know how they do it there :) )?

Thanks!

Intel to be Slapped with Greatest Fine in EU History

They could get fined 1 billion euros!

AMD have also set up a site with lots of information.

http://breakfree.amd.com/en-us/default.aspx

http://www.techpowerup.com/93051/Int...U_History.html

It is predicted that silicon giant Intel may face the greatest fine for its alleged anti-competitive practices, in a case heard in the European Union. Intel is currently being investigated for irregularities including encouraging hardware vendors not to use AMD products, and offering discounts. Legal analysts estimate the fine to be well over 1,000,000,000 EUR, over double that of what is heading Microsoft's way. In a statement to the New York Times, says Howard Cartlidge, head of the EU competition group at law firm Olswang in London, "I would be surprised if the fine isn't as high or higher than in the Microsoft case. Technology markets are where the European Commission has perceived particular problems due to dominant companies."

The ongoing trial in EU runs parallel to similar anti-competition trials in Japan and Korea, where Intel is found guilty. It is a joint effort between EU and United States Federal Trade Commission investogators. Despite previous convictions, Intel maintains that it has done nothing wrong and is confident of being found innocent. Says Intel spokesperson Robert Manetta, "Overall, Intel's conduct is lawful, pro-competitive and beneficial to consumers." Naturally, AMD begs to differ. Sources in AMD reveal that Intel conducted anti-competitive practices throughout, to maintain an 80-20 competition. The number took very little change even when AMD was at the peak of technology advancement over Intel.
For the PC fans :p

its not as if they cant afford it, and AMD products suck anyway, especially their stupid graphics cards.

That's over 2.6% of their revenue from the 2008 fiscal year. That may not sound like much, but it is. They'll just raise prices to make up for it, though. In the end, the customer gets screwed...

And AMD / ATi products don't suck, Intel / Nvidia have the edge but the competition from AMD / ATi is only good for us who buy the products.

Last thing we want is just one company supplying everything, prices will be a joke.

I wonder what comes out of this. Big companies are not always clean and try to compete in a "nasty" way.

its not as if they cant afford it, and AMD products suck anyway, especially their stupid graphics cards.

I don't think it is a good idea to start like that. Both brands have quality stuff, and I don't see what AMD has to do with this article other that Intel trying to get them off the market(for a bit).

6 years ago AMD was the dogs bollocks. Better performance than Intel at 1/3 the price. Prices have come up though, and performance hasn't gone anywhere really. ATI cards just anger me. I'd buy AMD still though. Their products aren't bad at all.

Can't quite remember where exactly but copy the .gcf files in the steam directory to copy the game itself. Then backup documents/SimBin and move that over, this is your profiles, setups etc. Then Steam/steamapps/username/race07/[gamedata & uidata] over as well (Tracks,Mods etc):)

Graphic card - what one

Hi,

I have £185 (£200 if you include postage) to buy a graphic card.
I can only pay by PayPal so I am really look at either eBuyer or Novatech.

I have a PCI-E x16 (Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L)

What should I get ?

I was looking on Novatech and have seen:

ATI
£155.24 - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 Toxic 1024MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI PCI-Express - Retail - LINK

£183.99 - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 Vapour-X 2GB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI PCI-Express - Retail - LINK

£172.49 - XFX ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB GDDR5 (PCI-Express) Graphics Card - Retail - LINK

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%