Team ORSM

Hi ORSM, I am having a problem with selecting the correct wheels for your mod. I can buy them and install them fine in the "lobby" for all the cars, but when I load a track all the wheels have reverted back to the stock 5 spoke rims. This is for an add on pack for myself with the 2009 skins.

When you buy and install a upgrade it only stays on the car your using at the time. This isn't unique to this mod. They're all the same in this respect. To get the wheel to become a standard or default you'll need to do the Upgrades ini for each 2009 team. You can then set the exhaust outlet type and with the VE the model. 2009 you want the VE not the VE 2. You'll also need to set the veh files for all the cars to look for the teams upgrades ini.

Example; 09_FPR_Upgrades

In the veh file;
HDVehicle=09_FG.hdv
Graphics=FG_Upgrades.gen
Spinner=FG_Spinner.gen
Upgrades=09_FPR_Upgrades.ini
GenString=
Cameras=FG_cams.cam
Sounds=FG.sfx
HeadPhysics=headphysics.ini
Cockpit=FG_cockpitinfo.ini

Mark Winterbottom 2007 Cobra Bathurst
Mark Winterbottom 2007.jpg

Nice one Dav. Just one thing. If you move the Dunlop up and turn it slightly on the front fender (wing in US) it'll sit better and want stretch if you get it just above the flair of the fender.

If I am reading your question correctly Paul it's the trackconfig file you need to edit in your V8factor folder,

Ours resides in the V8factor11 folder.

If this is still a problem, let me know and I can send you a link to our trackconfig that allows all gear ratios and sprint or control tyres for any track.

This trackconfig needs to be installed on the server and any trying to race on your server.

Hi Guys,

I recently got rfactor and word has it that this mod was the one to get. Well I got this one and FSONE 2009. I'm using my Logitech G27 to play the game. I configured everything according to the manuals etc. Then I played some FSONE 2009, and the steering feels as it should; smooth and tight when steering. When I switched over V8 unleashed (setting set as per the installation instructions, realfeel included), the steering is unbelievably twitchy. With about 10-15 degrees of steering either way, the wheel just jerks itself to turn fully either way. While browsing the forums, I read its best to set the wheel rotation to 540 with 18-20 (I set it to 18) of steering lock, and didn't really made a difference.

With regards to this, is this how V8 cars are suppose to handle? I just got into V8 supercars since the sounds are quite addicting, and I saw a race briefly on TV that got me hooked.

Thanks in advance!

thanks for the quick replies,

Reversing the FFB really did the trick (thought you were only suppose to do that if the steering was pulling in the wrong direction), but that steering jerkiness still occurs when the car is stalled or before the engine is started. (minor detail).

Would someone care to explain steering lock? Since William mentioned steering ratio I did some searching and it relates the rotation of the steering wheel to the angle of the wheels turned; thinking it through, would the steering lock be the maximum amount the wheels can turn? (I just started getting into cars)

I myself am running 35 degrees in game with 540 on my wheel, which ends up equal to 14.5:1 roughly for steering ratio. But yes the steering lock is the maximum amount the wheels will turn, the more you run the easier it is to save as you have more wheel to work with so I always run max and then adjust with the profiler to stay around 15:1 on the ratio as that is what I run on my real life race car.

In the V8s you can only use a certain ratio and tyre. So ORSM has set the mod up to replicate that.
That's not quite 100% right.
We have set up the SEASONS like that so THEY replicate the seasons format that the real series ran for that year.

HOWEVER! We have also given you all what we called the COMMUNITY section. In this section all rules are OFF!
This section WAS/IS meant for leagues to produce their own seasons with custom liveries and upgrades.ini files to suit those liveries. These car then have NO such track config in play so the choice become yours or if the leagues wish to implement similar rules for certain tracks they have the option to do so.

We've spent a great amount of time to get the seasons to replay as best as we possibly could. We know there's still some issue with that like the wrong cars leading the pack but again Still-Bacon has spent MANY hours working on the AI trying all sorts of things to get this as close as possible.

So now we give it to you guy's and you can build your own League seasons. Liveries and teams. Set up your own trackconfig if wanted. We can't do it ALL for you!

Dave;
I see AusFactor are going to do a skin pack for their 2012 season. This is fantastic news! I for one really enjoy seeing the liveries coming out of the community league painters. It has been surely mist of late. I am really looking forward to seeing what you guy's come up with. Just be sure to use the COMMUNITY section and you'll be free to use tires and ratios combos on any track however you wish.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.