Team ORSM

no moo that is not curb hopping, as you can see the cars following and also the cars preceeding all handle the curbs fine and this is on lap four of twenty. It seems to be a random occurance but I have noticed that when these cars do crash they have a tendency to get airbourne and flip and bounce around , makes me wonder if there is something in the physics that is not quite right, like the mass weight is wrong or something?

Muz, you have a way of putting a dampener on a Joke!!!!!

I spose the question then becomes....

Does it happen when you are driving??
Does it happen to all cars at the same spot??
Does it happen to other humans when they are driving??

The answer to the above I suspect will be No to all!!!!

In that situation, then I would be eliminating Aero, and moving more towards AI behaviour which is not something the Mod may not have control over.

With the windscreen and windows, how do you make them clear instead of opaque?

Why would you want to do that? Oh let's see. Maybe you want to make them into dirt track stock cars? Not sure how they'd go. The physics aren't real right for that. Wet tyres might give you enough grip to maintain a side. I say might!

Anyway, just black out the alpha. That'll take care of the windows You know you could use it to make a wire mesh and bars on the drivers side.

haha.... Have fun.

Why would you want to do that? Oh let's see. Maybe you want to make them into dirt track stock cars? Not sure how they'd go. The physics aren't real right for that. Wet tyres might give you enough grip to maintain a side. I say might!

Anyway, just black out the alpha. That'll take care of the windows You know you could use it to make a wire mesh and bars on the drivers side.

haha.... Have fun.

WTF???

I'm not trying to make it into a dirt basher, all I want to do is to make all the windows translucent, not all one grey colour that makes the car IMPOSSIBLE to look into.

For example:

I've tried to black out channel Alpha without any success.

HAHAHA..... Sorry! My bad.

Ok. The alpha channels looks like what? What program are you using to save them to DDS.
Either way are you saving it using DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha / Volume Texture. This setting is from the nVidia plug-in for photoshop but setting should put you in the right direction.

It looks like your using DX1 or something like that. The alpha that's set to the template is the correct grey scale as default. Though you need to create your own using the alpha layers supplied at the top of the layers list so you can add the name and numbers you want.

Ok, it kinda solved. Although the window is translucent, it's removed anything with colour in it (like the number on the side windows and the Holden banners) and it's showing stuff up that was in the Alpha channel.

Though you need to create your own using the alpha layers supplied at the top of the layers list so you can add the name and numbers you want.

The how to do this is in the first post of this thread. Go have a read and it will explain how to make things solid on transparent windows. The layers you need are on the top of the layer list on the template. The name and number you need to create yourself.

Heres my Version Of Nz V8supertourer prototype
3156284.jpg

1635758.jpg

1936846.jpg

976732.jpg

@ Dave Oliver: A number of ripple strips have been reworked, including those two ;).
@ holden1968: I don't have a release date cos I missed out on the 'magic future vision' gene. BTW I am hurrying actually but that doesn't mean I'm particularly fast. And no I'm NOT referring to my driving (had to get that in before Bacon did :))
@ Mitchell Woodward: This is for rF1 not rF2. For rF2 I plan a complete rebuild from scratch to get the terrain and track much more accurate. As for releasing this rF1 version before Bathurst 2012 - I hope so but I can't be certain (see above).
@Hammie Stein: Yep. See above and below ;).

New pic:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%