Team ORSM

thanks

thanks bro, that seemed to have fixed it, very happy

That's good news Kris. It was a hard one to fix but it just goes to show despite how simple the fix can be the finding can be hard. A lot of these video card settings are coming out a lot to try and get our older or less powerful machines to run rF2 better.

Hey krunch, there is 2 ripple strips up the top that could be switched around. As they are incorrect to the proper track.

1. This ripple here is to big ingame where its rather flat at the track.
ripple_01.jpg

OX8A0958.jpg

2. Where this is too flat ingame and should be bigger. As in real life if you smack the curb you 2 wheel it, whereas ingame you can cut that corner without it bothering the car.
ripple_02.jpg

OX8A1188_2.jpg

(Photos taken by me at the track, and screenshots by me)

Guys this is prob the right thread for my noob question.
New to Rfactor and have downloaded a fresh (and only) copy and paid my money.
Have downloaded the V8 Unleashed. all good,
except the other cars are now nowhere to be seen (2007 Sauber F1, Rfactor trainer etc)
Do I need a separate copy of the game for the V8s?

Cant wait to drive Bathurst, I come from Sydney and have watched the race live, ridden t etrack on fast Bikes and also won a very small footrace around Mt Panorama as a schoolboy. She is a big climb on foot I am here to tell you and when you look left at Skyline you are looking down a mountain! The cutting (I think, the very tight left on descent) is so steep a descent that running on foot you struggle to keep up with your speed.
Anyway I digress, keep up the good work.

Once you select a series (eg the V8Factor Mod), then all other cars will disappear. If you want the others, you can select one of the
other seasons from the menu, and they will appear. There is an all cars selection that you can select that will allow access to everything. Either way...... Have fun....

Heres the basic layer look or RGB

FIRST remember that chrome will work with all colours although Red chrome looks Pink green has a real lime look to it, etc.

Real looking chrome will work best with Black but you will not see it in PhotoShop, only once you have loaded your skin into the game

RGB.jpg

Note all that I want to be Chrome is BLACK

It is hard to see there but here's a screenie of the ALPHA Channel in the Channels tab.
Alpha.jpg

Everything that is meant to be CHROME is WHITE in this channel.

Select all the black parts in your skin you want to be chrome by using the Magic Wand tool and holding down SHIFT to keep selecting.

When you are happy with what you have selected move to the channels tab and HIGHLIGHT only the ALPHA Channel at the bottom, the other eyes will go off and the Alpha Channel is now active.

What you have selected should still be there, I just used a large white paintbrush to whiten those areas.

EDIT:
Once you have whitened those areas in the Alpha1 layer make sure you tick in the top RGB layer in the Channels tab.
The Alpha1 layer eye will go out and the others will come back on.

You should now see the skin as it should be but you wont see the chrome until it's ingame.

I may have gone a little overboard here but here's what I got.
Chrome.jpg

Geeeez it's hard to stop now..

MemWIP.jpg

MemWIP02.jpg

I am putting together a combined skin pack for V8FU 1.1 consisting of FDG, ADF, FOG, TTR and XFactor packs.
A problem arises with the Pitgroups, when someone without a skin enters with a standard car.
Obviously because they have the same pitgroup.
I have sorted FDG, ADF & FOG and I have to add the TTR and XFactor packs.
There is basically going to be about 60 cars in the pack once the installer is compiled

My question is, Is there a limit to how many pitgroups I can assign in the one pack?

Thanks in advance
FDG Stitch

Just to clarify the question Woody if we have 60 cars in the skin pack, Can I assign a "Group60" pitgroup in the veh file???

Of course there is not 60 pit bays, but to avoid cars bouncing all over the place in the pits, is this possible??

The 2010 EAO skin pack which has a Gazillion cars in it, and they seem to double, triple and even quadruple up on pitgroups.

ie many many many "Group16" s

The pitgroups will be limited by the tracks capacity.. Eg if you have a track that has been configured with 50 bays, and each team has 3 cars then you can only have 16 bays without it becoming a shambles with cars trying to occupy the same physical space. eg 2 cars in the same spot at the same time....

format is: PitGroup = <# of vehicles sharing pit>, <groupname>

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yearly

• Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events