Team ORSM

Wow Mighty, That's a short rF2 list. If only you were right. Though you did cover most in there simplest form I suppose.

Have been trying to get my head around this rFModID, vMod and rFcomp thing with others. We can see so many thing wrong with it in it's current form. I would think you'll see much in the way of mods for quite awhile for rF2. Many teams are standing back for awhile to see were it develops. There's so much that hasn't been implemented full or at all so things should move forward quite quickly at first. From there is anyone's guess.

yep was a rather short list but that alone is stuff that isn't even discovered properly so stepping back is really the key until somebody give proper instruction on how to fully mod it. Right now it's anyone's harm to discover the file structure system. That is something alright but really just for the programmers of tools imo. There quite a bunch of support tools needed at first before you can think about a migration from 1 to 2 so I think working on rF1 or platform unspecific in the meantime would be the best choice,
I just mentioned the big facts I heard that were new. The Tools for that to be developed are even harder and will take some time which will of course then speed the modding process in general quite more than try and error results on a changing build anyway.
Some figured it out how to bring in stuff already but probably none of the content is taken completely done yet at all. Neither ISI Content is fully done but the main structure isn't changing I guess.

I was mucking around with the guys. Seriously it's not as difficult as everyone is describing here. Sure there are bits that are unavailable but they can be added at a later date. Its very similar to rFactor1 apart from some addons. Getting the car from MAX to rF2 is a matter of opening the max file, changing a few materials and exporting it. The file structure is exactly the same. The tools are developed and the tutorials are far more advanced than rF1 as they were done inhouse and are quite self explanatory. It all depends on how much time they have. The tyre tool may be the hardest to get your head around and the physics will be affected. The deformable tyre is 5 minutes work to the existing tyre structure and is only a material change. The biped max animation for the driver arms, well yes that is a bit of an issue but there is a tutrorial on that and its not that hard.to do if you know max. Tracks are a little harder but knowing how Krunch has done his track structure it will work out quite well, the real road structure is very easy to implement. Anyone that had done the tracks through BTB will have a real issue of course and it will be hard going, but max created tracks easy. We did a conv ersion of a track of ours and a Codemaster/MMM track a few weeks back, the Codies track didn't work correctly because of the way it was created therefore Realroad didn't work. All due to the materials channels. Anyway its all so easy guys. Just got to want to do it, feel like doing it or actually doing it. Cheers guys Jeremy

Yeah I am assuming he has but it shouldn't CTD on that, hence why we get him to say what his issues are as the CTD could be a hardware issue depending on when it happens, it could be a software issue depending on his operating system or his hardware specs. I

I admit I was disappointed a little when so hyped mod was released, but I must've been dumb, obviously. Today, it's in the top 3 of my all time favorite mods (and I tested 99% of all rF1 mods). I am waiting impatiently for every update you can share with us, especially new cockpits - though I know there's "no guarantee they will be released."

Top work for which I'm much grateful!

Hey guys, I'm thinking it didn't like me having multiple installs (one for mod testing, one stock). Now I've killed one install the other seems to be running fine. FYI, it would get to the track selection screen and then ctd, particually with the vintage F1 and Monaco.

Interesting. I'll try that - I do have a couple of versions installed but I only use the one although I know a guy that has two. It's an interesting concept now with the mod dev section inside - its sort of like two versions in one. Well glad you got it going.

Whether or not its 'hard' to mod in rF2 probably depends on how refined or finished you want to make your mod at this stage. As Flash has said converting content over to rF2 and get it running in-game isn't terribly difficult. But updating textures, materials/shaders, models, physics, etc. to suit the potential of the new game is going to be very time consuming if you want it to work correctly. It's no big issue though - that's what modding is all about! :)

Exactly as Krunch said. When you said "IS" going to be time consuming, I think it is better as "Could" be time consuming because the cars materials are very similar - mind you it depends I guess also to how much time one spends doing it as well. All those variables. It's no big issue though - that's what modding is all about! :)

There are a few factors that will delay the release of any Rf2 content from us:

It's summer............the beach is calling me.

It's summer.............the cricket is on the telly.

It's summer.............there's beer in the fridge and snags on the BBQ.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events