Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
How noticeable are ACs map size / precision problems on this track? I'd like to get in but on some of the other ultra long tracks I tried I found the constant shaking on the outer limits quite impossible to ignore.

How noticeable are ACs map size / precision problems on this track? I'd like to get in but on some of the other ultra long tracks I tried I found the constant shaking on the outer limits quite impossible to ignore.
I found it the worst physics shake from the major large tracks I drive regularly (LAC is a great benchmark here as of its size).

Now that the bad news is out of the way ...

If you are into historic racing and want to be experiencing the very best Targa Florio we will have in sim racing, this is THE ONLY valid game in town and to top it off, it is a true labor of looove.
The amount of work Abulzz is putting into this one, especially to make it as historically accurate as possible is mind boggling.

That last point is actually one reason why the physics shake likely wont be reduced much more as Abulzz does not cut corners (literally) by reducing the overall map size through "bending" the track into a smaller footprint but he keeps the layout true to the actual track as raced in 1973.

The physics shake really is only obvious when you are just sitting in the pits and looking at the cockpit.
When you are actually taking an appropriate car as raced in period onto the track and attack the corners for three quarters of an hour you will never even once think about physics shake ;-)

Other good news are that Abulzz has now finally finished the creation of all major buildings (again, true to their accurate position and shape of the 1973 race) and he is commencing on texturing and .... rebuilding the road mesh ;-)

Anyone with a heart and soul and anyone at all into historic GT racing pretty much should go and support Abulzz with as little as a dollar a month as this is such an important piece of racing history and he is putting a lot of love into this one.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for everyone and maybe some extra motivation for the author: In the very latest patreon version of the shaders patch a new thing called "origin shift" has been implemented, which 100% eliminates shaking on big tracks including this one.

I think it is singleplayer only for now, but it is incredible.
It is some amazing breakthrough for sure,

This was my most hated flaw of the Assetto engine for years, has now been completely fixed visually and to solve it physically also. This alongside the continued progress of Florio on the Patreon is continuing to be building to something real special in past few months.

Hard to convey how happy I am about this development, future is really bright for Assetto!

Just a heads up for everyone and maybe some extra motivation for the author: In the very latest patreon version of the shaders patch a new thing called "origin shift" has been implemented, which 100% eliminates shaking on big tracks including this one.

I think it is singleplayer only for now, but it is incredible.
I had read about this too. Were you able to try it?

Get it from the Patreon and it works perfectly with my install. Not single shake this side, a little more CPU usage but I got headroom with my Ryzen CPU so hasn't affected FPS for me.
I am really tempted, I am addicted to LA Canyons and this would make it possible to finally enjoy the farthest roads on that track. Is there a plan on when it will be enabled for multiplayer?

Hello hello everyone,
and welcome back to Targa FLorio!

I hope you guys are all safe and healthy

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't been very active in the forums. And I also apologize that it takes quite a long time to update this track here.
Been wanting to update the resource here, but keep thinking that I should make more progress before doing so, and finally i think it is the right time to update the public release version.

A little bit of news regarding the development of this track is that we're finally able to get the LIDAR data around the region.
So a big update is coming. We're still working on it to put all the data together, since it's not coming as a standard GeoTiff, but as thousands of chunk of meshes.
It doesn't mean that we will start from scratch, but we will need to move and adjust the already made models to fit the new landscape model.

I hope you guys enjoy this track as much as we do!

Thanks!

Abulzz

Hello hello everyone,
and welcome back to Targa FLorio!

I hope you guys are all safe and healthy

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't been very active in the forums. And I also apologize that it takes quite a long time to update this track here.
Been wanting to update the resource here, but keep thinking that I should make more progress before doing so, and finally i think it is the right time to update the public release version.

A little bit of news regarding the development of this track is that we're finally able to get the LIDAR data around the region.
So a big update is coming. We're still working on it to put all the data together, since it's not coming as a standard GeoTiff, but as thousands of chunk of meshes.
It doesn't mean that we will start from scratch, but we will need to move and adjust the already made models to fit the new landscape model.

I hope you guys enjoy this track as much as we do!

Thanks!

Abulzz
Great news to see an update posted here :)
Glad you still have the energy to continue working on such a project.

A word of advice if i may,
Since i came across many projects for work where new models were made available, and it's always the question of redoing the model versus editing the existing.
From my experience, it's very time consuming to edit a model. It's often faster to remodel.
which is always difficult to explain to the client, that after a certain amount of changes, it's starting to add up to the initial price of the job XD
You probably need to balance what's easier depending on the process that led to said model. For instance, if you've spent time doing maping/unwrapping, it's probably simpler to edit rather than remodel, as the unwrap process by itself can be very demanding.
And keep in mind to have some freedom in your edits, nobody will ever know if that turn, or that bump is one meter higher or not :p
Some freedom for the modeler, means you might have some sanity left at the end of the project :roflmao:

Being a patron supporter has been a great experience!
The people in the Discord are informative and fun to talk with.
There is even a best time thread updated by Cherno-A with a long list of original cars that had raced there back in the day!
And Abulzz is friendly with answers and even manages to do some update requests!

Thank you Abulzz for this beautiful work!
Much appreciated!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea