Stock Car Extreme v1.38 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
SuperV8_R01.jpg

Special evening release for our aussie friends :)

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.38 by running GSC Sync.

IMPORTANT! If you get a CTD on start-up after the update, check Gamedata\Shared folder and make sure coreshaders.mas is the only file there (may affect some 3rd party mods).

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33
v1.35
v1.38

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.38:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Super V8 series.
Tracks:
  • Added Modern Montreal.
Features & fixes:
  • Minor Jacarepagua Historic LOD fixes;
  • Updated trackside ads;
  • Fixed error with 2 F3 talent files;
  • Adjusted F-Extreme gear & final drive ratios to better match 2015 standards;
  • Updated off-track & rumblestrip sounds in closed cockpit cars.
Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

I had nothing but problems with the GSC sync method. Tried it several times, changed things in the options, rebooted my computer several times. End result is that my profile folder is corrupted and not accessible; can't enter or delete it any way. I'll go to safe mode and get rid of the little #@%*!

My advice to anyone, would be to download the 1.38 rar and update that way - no issues. I just have to reboot to safe mode and get rid of my profile.

Still love this sim and the guys at Reiza - Thank You for this outstanding work. I really hope we can get dynamic weather in the game.

All the best,

FraPP!!!

I had access to the beta but time did not allow me to do much with it – however was pleasantly surprised when the final product landed.

Just one note: My Beta version of GSCE was the one that updated to V1.38. The original version I purchased (before crowd funding) remains V1.35b.

Nevertheless was able to fire up V1.38 no problem Did a short online pick-up race at Suzuka East and must say was very impressed. No issues apart from the occasional 'temp buggy' doing laps - they are funny little things!

The OzV8s feel very different to the Brazilian V8s and this is a good thing because you can feel the physics are different (as they are in real life) and thus requires a slightly different driving style to counter the understeer on the OzV8s for instance, and also turning in a lot earlier. You have to be more precise with these than the Brazilian V8s.

I always feel in RaceRoom and pCars (as an example) that the physics of each car are not that different. They appear to be different because obviously they look different, the sounds are different and perhaps the power map etc are adjusted according to what would be expected of a particular car. But after cranking out laps the basic handling characteristics etc seem the same be it a Porsche or BMW or Corvette or Group 5 car.

Reiza get it right IMO as each car is very different and in this latest instance the OzV8s have their own unique characteristics. Bravo to the Boys from Brazil!

Last edited:
update messed up my game. I tried removing files from the shader folder, tried to sync multiple times. but the game hangs as soon as the car loads in the pit.. this issue is on a completely stock install as well as a modded one

I also find installation weird. I downloaded and updated v1.38 (and deleted PS*.psh) but game hanged at startup too. Run gsync and required around 260MB of files. Shouldn't the v1.38 have the latest files? (I had the same issue when I updated w/ the downloaded v1.37, and still had to run gsync afterwards.)

Game run fine after that though (but not with the downloaded v1.38). Didn't have to delete profile.

Hi,
As soon as I go to drive a car I see some text in bottom left corner saying something about Button 1 and the game crashes to desktop. There is also another error message that comes up but goes before I can read it. Never ever had a problem with this game before. Any ideas on a fix please?
Cheers Greame

There seems to be a difference between the Standalone update and the steam update. I tried to setup a server for the SuperV8@Montreal and i'm getting a SuperV8.hdv mismatch when using my steam install trying to join the server. I had to update the server using the standalone update, because the sync wont load. Maybe the standalone patch is not compatible with the small update that came later yesterday, that would be my guess. Other servers using to SUperV8 work fine for me.

The GSC sync totally fudged up my computer. I had thought that my profile folder was the only victim (see post #61) , but there are all kinds of folders and files that are corrupted or unreadable as a result of running the sync. I can't even get into safe mode to address the issues. Needles to say, as much as I love this sim and the community, I'm somewhat displeased at the moment.

My advice to all would be to update via 1.38 rar.

FraPP!!!

OK, GSC Sync is now downloading everything rightly and I don't have any GMotor2 problems again. Also, it doesn't have any conflict with the Steam servers. The problem is on 1.38v direct link, that have something different on HDV, giving a mismatch when I join Steam server and vice-versa.

I have verified that is indeed the case, the exes in the Update RAR are slightly outdated. Sorry about that.

The correct version will be re-uploaded shortly.

Just one note: My Beta version of GSCE was the one that updated to V1.38. The original version I purchased (before crowd funding) remains V1.35b.

Version 1.35b is the alternate exe to fix championship scoring issues mentioned in other threads - you probably changed that in the "Beta" tab in the game's properties thinking you were accessing the actual beta :) (you weren't the only one!) Reverting the Beta settings to "None" should download 1.38.

The GSC sync totally fudged up my computer. I had thought that my profile folder was the only victim (see post #61) , but there are all kinds of folders and files that are corrupted or unreadable as a result of running the sync. I can't even get into safe mode to address the issues. Needles to say, as much as I love this sim and the community, I'm somewhat displeased at the moment.

My advice to all would be to update via 1.38 rar.

FraPP!!!

Though it´s possible that the Sync will fail in occasion to properly update all your files (and a clean of the Sync Cache folder & re-running the Sync sorts it all out again in most cases), it´s hard to understand how it could do anything to your PC outside your GSC install folder. I´d strongly suggest you look at other possible updates or installations that might have taken place in your system in this timeframe.

The most hassle-free and automated way to update your game certainly would be to run it from Steam. We cant recommend enough that people make that move - specially those with little disposition for manually handling files with every coming update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes