Stock Car Extreme v1.38 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
SuperV8_R01.jpg

Special evening release for our aussie friends :)

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.38 by running GSC Sync.

IMPORTANT! If you get a CTD on start-up after the update, check Gamedata\Shared folder and make sure coreshaders.mas is the only file there (may affect some 3rd party mods).

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33
v1.35
v1.38

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.38:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Super V8 series.
Tracks:
  • Added Modern Montreal.
Features & fixes:
  • Minor Jacarepagua Historic LOD fixes;
  • Updated trackside ads;
  • Fixed error with 2 F3 talent files;
  • Adjusted F-Extreme gear & final drive ratios to better match 2015 standards;
  • Updated off-track & rumblestrip sounds in closed cockpit cars.
Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

I know, it does seem unlikely that GSC sync would do anything outside of my GSC install but, here I am. I can't even access the folder that all my installs of all my different sims are located. Everything worked fine before I ran the sync but now... I have always updated GSC with sync and no problems, But I am actually experiencing a snow balling effect now. Every time I spark my confuzer up, I find something else wrong.

If I'm not back in 20 minutes...

FraPP!!!

V8SuperCars are still not displaying properly

Referencing my previous post...

Same four errors are in the CSV listing, only the ToniPradello.rcd file was cleared up and that was yesterday.

The shared folder only has the coreshaders.mas file and the sync cache folder has been emptied.

Ran Gsync again fifteen minutes ago, and still the same four errors, most importantly the "SuperV8_maps.mas" file @ 20.45 Mb.

The CSV listing and log file are the same as in the previous post.

The game locks up at the car selection screen, with the showroom still blank.

The GMotor error window displays the message " Error loading texture for material WCCARBODY ", then the second error message " Error loading global material WCCARBODY " and then returns to the selection page.

The Montreal track has to be force loaded with the space bar. The track appears to display properly, except that only the center screen is displayed. The left & right screens are black. The car can be driven around the track and is displayed with the " TEMP " graphics along with the AI.

The problem seems to be with the dataconnection to 'srv3.simsync.de' ... in that the file "SuperV8_maps.mas" might be corrupted.

Is there any way to connect to another server to retrieve the last few files without the hassle of a 518 MB download??

Any help in resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated....

V8SuperCars are now displaying properly

I checked the files in the V8Super folder against the CSV & error log. Observed the "SuperV8_maps.mas" was listed as being only 488 kb in size.

As the 'srv3.simsync.de' which Gsync connected to did not show any improvement, I downloaded the 518 Mb v1.38 update file & did a manual install.

As the CSV list stated the "SuperV8_maps.mas" was 20.45 Mb in size and for some reason the server would not download the corrected file and/or overwrite the corrupted file on my machine.

Also the "SuperV8_tires.tbc" file @ 12 kb was missing from the Gsync download. This was not mentioned in the CSV listing or the error log.

The cars now appear in the showroom, look great on the Montreal track and display properly on all three screens.

Reiza has done an excellent job with the physics. They feel totally different from their stock cars. These cars are a blast to drive at Bathurst and Queensland..

All Reiza has to do now is correct the problems with the German server.....

Fun cars, great job again. Absolutely great work Reiza :)

Steam updated and then I went online and played MP with 8 or 9 people at Spielberg just fine for a good 4 hours or so. Not sure what's wrong with everyone else's systems.

Problem
1. Lights on the dash don't work. Someone said you have to enable visible wheel for them to work which makes no sense as most ppl don't use visible wheel as we have our own wheel and I don't understand why you need the visible wheel enabled in order for dash rev-lights to work.

2. FFB also feels a little dead. It's as if too much FFB is going into the centering/spring/resistance and not nearly enough into the longitudinal and lateral slip/grip of the tyres (especially the front tyres). Then again, I feel this way about most of the cars especially with default FFB settings, but it seems even a little worse with the Aussie V8s.

I still had lots of fun playing and managed a 1.29.6 @ Spielberg (Austria) GP w/ 8 laps of fuel and only some changes from default setup - so it's not like I don't know how to drive - but the FFB still wasn't communicating to me much other than mostly centering force/spring.

Having said all that, you've done another masterful job Reiza. I don't think anyone else could have done as good a job as you guys at extracting the most out of what the current version of the physics engine running SCE is capable of.

Just to understand this now....If we add any mods to the game that use shared files, or put any shared files into the game, it won't start?
Don't put any other files into the Shared folder. the Shared folder is the folder where all the shaders are shared. Putting loose files or shaders there will surely result in issues/problems. A good modder will use/implement the original Reiza shaders in his carmod/track...
Only "coreshaders.MAS" must be present in "Shared" folder.

Grtz

Last edited:
wow just spent a thoroughly enjoyable evening racing the v8 supercars online and I have to say it's an absolute blast! Comparing the online experience to Assetto Corsa, I would say it a lot more enjoyable because when you rub paint with someone the car doesn't react like a grenade just went off allowing for some close exciting racing. Also great that the server admin can change tracks after a race which isn't possible in AC. All in all really loving this sim.

Thanks Reiza for the new stuff! Montreal is one of my favorite tracks and I like the V8 too.
But I have to ask how realistic is this V8 car in SCE? I mean it seems way too easy to drive, very forgiving, not a single bit of oversteer in corner exit, I can smash the throttle at any time, bumps are no problem either.
At iRacing or for that matter in any of the rF1/rF2 mods the V8s are much harder to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%