Stock Car Extreme v1.38 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
SuperV8_R01.jpg

Special evening release for our aussie friends :)

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.38 by running GSC Sync.

IMPORTANT! If you get a CTD on start-up after the update, check Gamedata\Shared folder and make sure coreshaders.mas is the only file there (may affect some 3rd party mods).

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33
v1.35
v1.38

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.38:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Super V8 series.
Tracks:
  • Added Modern Montreal.
Features & fixes:
  • Minor Jacarepagua Historic LOD fixes;
  • Updated trackside ads;
  • Fixed error with 2 F3 talent files;
  • Adjusted F-Extreme gear & final drive ratios to better match 2015 standards;
  • Updated off-track & rumblestrip sounds in closed cockpit cars.
Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

Problem
1. Lights on the dash don't work. Someone said you have to enable visible wheel for them to work which makes no sense as most ppl don't use visible wheel as we have our own wheel and I don't understand why you need the visible wheel enabled in order for dash rev-lights to work.
You beat me to it, was going to report the same thing. Why aren't they working when you disable the wheel?

Thanks Reiza for the new stuff! Montreal is one of my favorite tracks and I like the V8 too.
But I have to ask how realistic is this V8 car in SCE? I mean it seems way too easy to drive, very forgiving, not a single bit of oversteer in corner exit, I can smash the throttle at any time, bumps are no problem either.
At iRacing or for that matter in any of the rF1/rF2 mods the V8s are much harder to control.

Adjust your setup and drive faster.

i played 1.38 for the first time yesterday and i must say Reiza You Deliverd

But i found two potential problem

1 Since when does A V8 Supercar have a F1 Style Rim?

2 The camera placement onboard in the V8 Supercar (woops i mean SuperV8 :0 )
Is very strange for Racers who want to be close to the steering wheel

if you want to get close to the steering you can't see the Roof
and that's not realistic at all

Here's what i mean
timthumb.png

You only See some Sky

Will this be looked at>?

THanks

(Agree If you think the Same)

i played 1.38 for the first time yesterday and i must say Reiza You Deliverd
But i found two potential problem

1 Since when does A V8 Supercar have a F1 Style Rim?

2 The camera placement onboard in the V8 Supercar (woops i mean SuperV8 :0 )
Is very strange for Racers who want to be close to the steering wheel

if you want to get close to the steering you can't see the Roof
and that's not realistic at all
(Agree If you think the Same)

Well I use a steering wheel (thrustmaster t500) so I wouldn't know about the f1 style rim etc. As for the position, just adjust it in car with the right keys to your liking.

Well I use a steering wheel (thrustmaster t500) so I wouldn't know about the f1 style rim etc. As for the position, just adjust it in car with the right keys to your liking.
I know that you can adjust the seat position.
But there are a lot of racers out there who want to get close to the steering wheel for a real feel you know?

And if you want to get close to the steering wheel then eventually you won't see any of the roof anymore and that bothers me

(Just to be clear i use a wheel to but i just want to see the steering wheel because it provides some important information)

(Just to be clear i use a wheel to but i just want to see the steering wheel because it provides some important information)

I setup a button to look down, then adjust the look down angle in the PLR file to my liking. If you setup the look down to a small angle, you can still focus on the road but also have a quick look at the wheel.

I think its a reasonable compromise if you use accurate FOV as you don't look at the dash / wheel when you drive in anger.

Following adjustments helped with my T300RS:

- clipping-free Realfeel-value (original divided by 0.7)
- FFB steer force output max="0.80000" (controller.ini)
- FFB steer force grip weight="0.40000" (controller.ini)
Very interrsting, I have to try these. Can you tell me whst you meant by the first line (divided by 0.7)? Do you mean you divided everysingle value in the realfeel.ini file (around 8 or 9 values) by 0.7 and you also changed steer force output and steer force grip weight in the controller.ini file to the values above?

Oh, and I set damper and friction values to 0 in the controller.ini.
Do you use FFB on low? I guess damper, friction, steer force output and steer force grip weight from the controller.ini file still play a role in FFB even when FFB is set to low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%