Steam

Do you mean in the logitech gamecontroller window? I have it set to 450 in this in the gamecontroller window but when I launch steam it is always at 200, never at 450. I am getting frustrated.

guys i'm on new comp but i cant download steam :S it says 'The installation Package Cannt be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that it is a valid windows installer package' ?

LOL, have you run Windows Update yet? Then you will get the newest installer always.

Workaround is just to copy the steam folder from the other PC to your new installment and just start Steam.exe.

Never buying a game via Steam again

Bougth GTR-E via Steam, mainly because it is easy and cheaper (saved me EUR 12,- compared the store around the corner).

Now I just started up my pc and Steam gives an error and cannot be started. Also GTR-E is not starting anymore because Steam is broken. I quickly browsed for a solution and de-installing Steam without the apps would be the easiest way. So went for software->remove Steam but it didnt gave me the option to de-install without games. But as it was removed very quickly so I thought the games would still be there in Steam.

So re-installed Steam and guess what... have to download the games again! After this I red something about backing up the games and copy those files back, but I didn't do that. So I restored my pc to 2 days ago but Steam is still sh*t. It's updating the game now and takes forever.

My general frustration is that the games I paid for are not working because Steam have to be buggy, at least my version. It's defnitely not worth the EUR 12,- save imho. Considering buying the game in store anyway, never had such problems before :tsk:

Hi there Ivo,

Steam does have issues at times, but there are a couple of easy fixed that don't require you to download the games themselves everytime you need a fixing.

First option:

Shut down Steam, then delete "ClientRegistry.blob"
Restart Steam

Second option:

Shut down Steam, then go to the C:\Program Files\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it), and delete all of the files except for:

Steam.exe

And the folder:

\SteamApps\

Restart your computer and test the issue...

Also, on the same topic in a way, Steam has a great backup option:

To backup a Steam game do the following:

right click on the game you want to backup from within Steams "My Games" and click on "Backup game files..." and then follow the instructions from there...

• Chris Noble

Yeah the Steam backup is very good and supports nice disk spanning as well!

Download and install the game thru steam, run the backup routine to get it on DVD and you have a DVD version effectively. just let it auto run and follow the instructions and your game will reinstall from the DVD for you :)

I have never had any issues with Steam, touch wood :) so cant really say its been bad, I really like it.

Thanks for your help. Steam is working again but still updating. So instead of driving some nice laps this evening I am only waiting for this program. Well, tomorrow it will be fiished and I am up and running again. First thing I do is create that backup!

Oh dear...oh dear...oh dear....

Tonight i tried to enter steam, but got this message:

"your steam ticket has expired, please re-enter your password
to continue" :rant:

Obviously, i typed the password and got this message:

"steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request
try again later" :blah:

Ok, i tought.....gonna do some GT laps at Suzuka offline......well the issues go on, now i even can´t start GTRevo offline (what i could do before), what the hell is happening with steam? :hurt:

Anyone had this sort of problems before?

Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea