Steam

See it the other way: if you are not "forced" to update you will wind up in mismatch heaven like in other non-steam games.
And be glad that STCC is on steam because otherwise the joy of those cars would have been for the swedish only..

(just a little different perception on things :D)

Steam downloads help save dvd/cds and cases having to be producted and packaged, also the fuel and fumes in delivery and your collection of it from a shop, plus heat light and power in that shop, and the employee's fuel to get to work ... :D
... so you are being kinder to the environment buying off steam mate ... think of it that way :peace: :laugh:

... and you are forced to have to download your patches from somewhere and apply them in some way dictated by the game developers, so you would be forced into doing something there - not such a big difference in reality, and means you are up to date without much effort on your part.

Resistance to change is something all human beings suffer ... your ill-ease will lesson my friend, as it shows in this thread :D

Also saves having to find DVD's to play games and having star-force rubbish on your machine or having to get "patches" for exe's so you don't have this, which then maybe cause game issues ...

Relax, join the dark side of steam and all will be good ... or generally reasonable at least :wink2:

You both have good perspectives there. And I have to admit that when I opened this topic I was "a little" frustrated, just check the title :disapointed:

Lol, love the enviromental way of thinking :laugh2:

Steam did stop me from buying STCC for now, but maybe it's time to reconsider :eat:

Hijacked Steam account

Hello fellow racers ...

Well this is a sad day for me and really in hindsight I should of been more aware. But I've had my Steam account Hijacked 22/1/09 and I am now in the process of trying to claw it all back via steam.

How did it happen ?

Well I was sent a community invite in the name of another well know racing community to which I follow the link to the Steam community.

On there community site I noticed I was not loged in so I entered details (foolish me), the page refreshed and again the community page still required me to log in. To which I left the commnity site.

Moments later a warning pop from steam appeared telling me I was logged in via another machine. I clicked the continue on this machine box and the warning reappered. This happend several times all in a row to which I was thrown the standard Steam login. As the norm I entered my details to be told that either username or password were incorrect (Lots of swearing happend from here on out).

The fun begins:

Due to my details no longer working via the Steam application I treid via Steams site to no avail. I have had to created a new account via Steams site and start the procees of claiming a hijacked account.

Whats involved?

Well fisrt this first If like me your a holder of vital info then all good in the world because you have to provided steam with images of cd key and recipts if you have them they lucky enough also take paypal purchases as proof of purchase.

Final conclusion:

I would say even if your unsure if a site you know has a community go to the site and make sure they do have one listed (lesson harshly learnt by me).

Update:

All those members that joined the RaceDepartment Steam Community it is requested that you leave the community till further notice.

Reason: My account had Admin status on the community.

Jarrod,
This happened to me a while ago and I was unaware until I tried to log in. It wouldn't accept my cred's either. So I tried the password recovery and I didn't get any reply. So, I contacted steam and they asked for the cd key pics and everything else, reset my account and told me that my account had been hijacked. I was never contacted by any other member of the steam community and was totally unaware of the hijack. So what I do now is make sure I log in every day (when it was hijacked I wasn't playing often through steam). But you bring up a good point though, don't log in unless you know for sure where you are logging in. When I get those messages, I always open a browser and type in the address myself, that way I know I'm not being hijacked or keylogged!

Thanks for the heads up

I'm leaving the RD community on STEAM, as per Jarrod's request. But I'm staying here. and staying involved
Thanks!

Unfortunately Hijacking is becoming a problem. However Valve is working on eliminating the ability to do so. Just another thing we have to deal with until sorted. Chris over at Valve has confirmed a large increase lately so it has been noted or so i have been told.

• Andrew Evans

I do not remember when nickname maybe Surn Clan...:vampire::vampire:

i noticed i had a chat request - or something like that - from someone with a name like "sun clan" something or other, midway thru the gtl event this evening.... had no idea who it was so i closed it...

yeaah virus STEAM hijacked :D:D
415749.jpg

Well I had my steam folder exempt from On-Access scanning but thats outta the window now. Has this happened to anyone who is not a member of the groups?

Your old account was online not long ago Sandis.

I heard about a case of hacked account on steam, the guy just enter in contact with steam, show the vouchers of the games and the steam cancel the hacked account and give it back another serial number to him.
Sorry about my english...

Phew! For a moment I thought I was another victim.
Last night I got the message making me have to re-log my details into my Steam Account (haven't had that for over a year). Thankfully, it accepted my details and allowed me to log in again.

I am not a member of the RD Steam Group now.

How does he actually get your passwords? Looking at Sandis' post above it's a virus, but how did it get onto your PCs?
Never click on strange links or enter your password anywhere but the correct login screen...

A good virus scanner should have stopped the virus in time though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.